Has anyone experienced this ?

Search This thread

jsl95

Dec 20, 2010
I pulled my phone from my pocket earlier today and the screen was like this. I suspect I may have a dodgy unit but has anyone else seen anything like this ?
te3a9ygy.jpg
u9ety8ap.jpg
me3azevy.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dral29

Apr 14, 2012
Is it always like that even when u boot the phone?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

jsl95

Dec 20, 2010
No literally just happened now I've manage to get it back to normal but pressing around the edge of display however switching on off did nothing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dral29

Apr 14, 2012
Im asking you this because I want to know if it is a software issue or hardware issue. So if when u boot the phone you see the same green waves screen on top of the black screen and the samsung logos then must likely it would be a hardware problem...

so need to check the water sensors etc. If u dont see the green waves then just do a full wipe if problem persist try flshing an other rom.

Hit thanks if I helped

Reactions: jsl95

mavr15

Jan 12, 2011
Ariel
I think this hardware issue. You need send phone tk service center to replace screen.

Sent from my SM-N900 using xda app-developers app

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
Geez people, read the responses, it's a hardware problem... If you are squeezing around the edge and thi fixes it means there's a hardware problem....
You might have fixed this time but what might happen next time you put in your pocket?

Obanna1

Jan 19, 2012
Fujian, China
It is hardware, maybe you placed the phone in your pocket or applied some pressure on it.
If this re occurs, have the display replaced..

jsl95

Dec 20, 2010
I've conacted Samsung and they've sent me a package to post the phone to their service centre . unfortunately there's a 2 week return time. In the mean time I've bought a moto g that my mum will buy off me when I'm done with it.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

jsl95

Dec 20, 2010
It also now effects the entire screen and will not go away

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

jasonkhoo87

Feb 14, 2011
I did saw this symptom on my note 3. But not by pressing the edge. Just performing screen on by trigger the power button will do. But until now I just saw 3 times. Never happen again.

Sent from my SM-N9005

androidflea

Jul 24, 2010
I have seen this before, and if you take the phone into recovery, the screen is fine, only when you try to restart, it goes back to this, it has to be sent away to be fixed

androidflea

Jul 24, 2010
That's what I'm saying, it's fine in recovery!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Im asking you this because I want to know if it is a software issue or hardware issue. So if when u boot the phone you see the same green waves screen on top of the black screen and the samsung logos then must likely it would be a hardware problem...

so need to check the water sensors etc. If u dont see the green waves then just do a full wipe if problem persist try flshing an other rom.

Hit thanks if I helped