Best compatible earphones with track change buttons

Search This thread

wyase9

Nov 23, 2011
The bundled earphones have one button on the mic. This can only pause the track or answer calls, it cannot change the track or change the volume.

Are there any relatively cheap tried and tested earphones for this lovely phone... It would make listening to music so much more hassle free.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

winomat

Jan 19, 2012
These are meant to be best sound quality for under £100, some say its even as good as £100 IEM!
Best thing is they are under £50.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/RHA-MA450i-Black-Aluminium-microphone/dp/B008ET9VY0

I got those, but you cant change volume with those. Even tho there are buttons for it. But those Headphones are mainly made for Apple Hardware :p

With the default HTC Music Programm you also cant change songs with those headphones, but i got PlayerPro from playstore. In PlayerPro you are able to change the buttons of the headphones. But not all buttons :crying:
So i am able now to play/stop and skip to next song or skip 1 song back.

But i have to say the sound which is imo more important when it comes to headphones is very nice. I dont regret the buy at all. :cool:

Nokiacrazi

May 26, 2011
Manchester
I got those, but you cant change volume with those. Even tho there are buttons for it. But those Headphones are mainly made for Apple Hardware :p

With the default HTC Music Programm you also cant change songs with those headphones, but i got PlayerPro from playstore. In PlayerPro you are able to change the buttons of the headphones. But not all buttons :crying:
So i am able now to play/stop and skip to next song or skip 1 song back.

But i have to say the sound which is imo more important when it comes to headphones is very nice. I dont regret the buy at all. :cool:

How about these? http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...sfl_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Official page - http://www.htc.com/uk/accessories/htc-stereo-headphones/#overview

frankol

Oct 4, 2010
The bundled earphones have one button on the mic. This can only pause the track or answer calls, it cannot change the track or change the volume.

Are there any relatively cheap tried and tested earphones for this lovely phone... It would make listening to music so much more hassle free.

The Sennheiser IE 8i In-Ear are very nice ... :good:

wyase9

Nov 23, 2011
All, as far as I can tell, maybe no earphones or apps will allow me to change track via a button on the earphones......Maybe that is just the way the HTC one is setup.

..... I have tried a couple of earphones and a couple of apps that allow button assigning for the mic button, but every time when I double click on the button, it does not go to the next track, it just dials the last called number.

Please mention if you have a HTC One(not any other HTC phone) and are actively able to change track and then specify which special earphones and/or app you are using on this phone?

Many thanks

snorglamp

Mar 27, 2012
Definitely works with htc with track change

Hi All,

I have been investigating this issue for a long long time. Back with the HTC Hero you used to be able to get a "remote" that you could plug any headset you want into, but it plugged into the data connector slot. That doesnt seem to be possible any more.

What definitely does work is the Beats by Dre (UrBeats) VERSION 1. I have been told the new version two with flat ribbon cable doesnt work on HTC but you can pick up a version one set of beats. I think I may test this theory myself though because they look very similar.

You can usually pick up the original Beats by Dre for around $50 and they sound ok, not great, but ok. They originally came with HTC Sensation XE and other phones at the time. They are FAR better than the HTC branded headphones that come with the phones these days, but they arent great.

Every other brand of headphone ive tried the controls have not worked properly including the Klipsch image s4a and Jays ones. For some reason HTC doesnt like their button controller software and third party software doesnt work either, even the apps for HTC redial fix (the problem is that multiple button presses cause the HTC to redial last number instead of, for example, change track). As far as I know the ONLY solutions available if you want to track change is the Beats v1 (make sure you dont get iBeats, they dont work) or the HTC store ones with the track change button.

http://pavansingh.wordpress.com/2011/12/20/review-of-the-htc-ibeats-urbeats-by-monster/

If anyone has any updates on this and can point me to something better, I will be on it like a shot!

ON HTC ONE SV WITH BEATS BY DRE (v.1), 32GB SANDISK CLASS 10 SD, JB 4.2.2, SENSE 5 (stock OTA ROM)

Last edited:

mrjasenr

Jun 5, 2010
I've been using jay birds now for over a year, on my htc evo, then on my one. They are bluetooth, have volume control,
can change the tracks back and forth and answer phone calls. Pretty decent sound too.
Every feature you want and they all work.

snorglamp

Mar 27, 2012
Not as good as UrBeats

I've been searching for a while now and after buying and trying numerous pairs, these are the only ones that give you decent sound AND let you control the volume, skip, back and other functions like they are supposed to.

These are not as good as the Beats by Dre (UrBeats) for HTC in my opinion, have you compared? Sound quality is lower in the official HTC site ones, although they sit slightly better in my ear. Maybe just my opinion, anyone care to comment?

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------

I have http://www.amazon.com/Beats-urBeats-In-Ear-Earbud-Headphones/dp/B00ECQ6ORQ and they work great. Can skip forward/back, pause, take calls. The sound quality is very good, seem to have good balance with highs and bass. The mic works well, too, and seems to have some noise-cancelling qualities. Callers that I've asked said the sound is very good even when I'm in a windy or noisy environment.

Yes these seem to be our only real option beside official HTC rubbish at the moment. I am taking a risk and trying out the UrBeats v2 which should arrive this week, in the hope they work like UrBeats v1 (that you have linked above). If they work too I will let you know. They do look quite a lot like the official HTC ones though, on the one hand seems promising on the other hand, hope the drivers are better.

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 PM ----------

I've been using jay birds now for over a year, on my htc evo, then on my one. They are bluetooth, have volume control,
can change the tracks back and forth and answer phone calls. Pretty decent sound too.
Every feature you want and they all work.

Thanks for the suggestion and may use it as a last resort if you say it works, but I am averse to bluetooth audio because the bandwidth is low (i believe the same as radio quality) so normally doesnt sound great (the same reason bluetooth speakers are a bad idea as I understand it). Looking for a good old wired version.

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

It has ocurred to me (and I have done similar mods before) that you used to be able to buy a calbe with mic/controls on it that you could plug any old headphones into with a normal jack, and it just had a normal jack port at the end of the line.

Can anyone think of any reason that taking a cheap pair of HTC headphones with inline mic/controller and chopping off the buds and soldering on a normal jack wouldnt work? Seems like that could almost be a small business if it does (just a controller with headphone jack mod), since we are reduced to so few options as HTC users, and few of them have decent sound quality....

Might give it a go and let you know...have a few spare pairs of HTC controller headphones around...

Dec 26, 2013
beats by dre

Most beats by dre are compatible with HTC 3.5 mm jacks. Apple products do not work because the jacks are made differently, so there is nothing you can do :/ The app Headphone button control on play store can help you reassign buttons. good luck :)

Fuzi0719

Jul 15, 2009
Palm Springs, CA
Most beats by dre are compatible with HTC 3.5 mm jacks. Apple products do not work because the jacks are made differently, so there is nothing you can do :/ The app Headphone button control on play store can help you reassign buttons. good luck :)
Not all Beats by Dre are button-compatible. They must specifically state they are for Android or HTC. Many of the discounted Beats phones you find online are only compatible with Apple products. I've noticed that if the control pod (the block on the wire where the buttons/mic are located) is shaped like a diamond, it is ONLY Apple compatible. If it is a slim straight cylinder, then it is likely Android/HTC compatible.

snorglamp

Mar 27, 2012

I just got my beats by dre v2 (UrBeats v2) and they are not button compatible....headset button controller app also cannot control it...no love...going back to a new pair of beats by dre v.1 as there doesnt seem to be any wired alternative right now other than the rubbish official HTC ones...

---------- Post added at 10:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 AM ----------

Not all Beats by Dre are button-compatible. They must specifically state they are for Android or HTC. Many of the discounted Beats phones you find online are only compatible with Apple products. I've noticed that if the control pod (the block on the wire where the buttons/mic are located) is shaped like a diamond, it is ONLY Apple compatible. If it is a slim straight cylinder, then it is likely Android/HTC compatible.

I thought the same thing, but the UrBeats V2 have the straight control block and still dont work...boooo!

Top Liked Posts