Crushed the back of my Nexus 4, looking for troubleshooting assistance

Search This thread

votadini_

May 7, 2014
Hi,

I accidentally crushed my photo between a seat and a table on a train. (htp://imgur.com/Q1RUsEk) This is what it looks like after it was crushed.

Immediately after it was crushed, I noticed the phone network icon was empty. I turned off the phone and it has not been possible to boot back into the home screen since then.

I attached the phone to my computer and used ADB to get (htp://pastebin.com/H85Xq2U4) the last_kmsg, (htp://pastebin.com/NArZYWSZ) logcatouput, and (htp://pastebin.de/124812) bugreport output.

I'm not an expert at debugging problems with phone hardware but it looks like there is a problem with the audio subsystem in logcatoutput.

Are there any reasonable steps I can take in trying to resurrect my phone?

- votadini_

(Sorry for the "broken" links, I had to edit the addresses to make this post due to it being my first post.)

paultbear

repair/replace

Bumping in the hope that this can receive some attention.

According to your log description it would seem that there is physical damage to the system board. The only option would be to do an inspection of the phone. This will require dis-assembly and that does need some skill, although there are several threads here on XDA that might help.

Determining the actual board damage would require some knowledge of electronics.

I would suggest that you look into replacing the unit. With the Nexus 4 you might be able to find a used unit on ebay or on the Swappa forum here on XDA.

Your sign-on doesn't indicate a location, so you may or may not be able to access/use these sites. At any rate you are looking at some pricey repairs, if such repairs are even possible.

good luck.

Reactions: votadini_

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    repair/replace

Bumping in the hope that this can receive some attention.

According to your log description it would seem that there is physical damage to the system board. The only option would be to do an inspection of the phone. This will require dis-assembly and that does need some skill, although there are several threads here on XDA that might help.

Determining the actual board damage would require some knowledge of electronics.

I would suggest that you look into replacing the unit. With the Nexus 4 you might be able to find a used unit on ebay or on the Swappa forum here on XDA.

Your sign-on doesn't indicate a location, so you may or may not be able to access/use these sites. At any rate you are looking at some pricey repairs, if such repairs are even possible.

good luck.