[Q] Help root and recovery inst for Galaxy S4 ATT SGH-I337 Run Android ver 4.4

Search This thread

Matias1982

Oct 27, 2013
Good afternoon my friends,

This is the deal, I consider myself an OK guy when it comes to rooting and installing custom roms. However, I have hit a wall trying to root and install a recovery on my AT&T Galaxy S4 (SGH-I337) currently running 4.4.2. Long story make it short, my spouse updated through AT&T OTA and now I can't root nor install recoveries. I've been tackling this for over a week and it seems I can't get nowhere. What I got so far is that after the update is impossible to root and thus recoveries are near to impossible, is that true? I hate using AT&T bloated versions. I want to install Cyanogenmod 11 or Paranoid Roms. Help please! Thanks in advance!

DeadlySin9

Sep 2, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro

This is the deal, I consider myself an OK guy when it comes to rooting and installing custom roms. However, I have hit a wall trying to root and install a recovery on my AT&T Galaxy S4 (SGH-I337) currently running 4.4.2. Long story make it short, my spouse updated through AT&T OTA and now I can't root nor install recoveries. I've been tackling this for over a week and it seems I can't get nowhere. What I got so far is that after the update is impossible to root and thus recoveries are near to impossible, is that true? I hate using AT&T bloated versions. I want to install Cyanogenmod 11 or Paranoid Roms. Help please! Thanks in advance!

You can't use CM, Paranoid, or any AOSP ROMs now. Look at the NB1 downgrade thread and the KitKat Magic Toolkit.

Sent from my SGH-I337 running BlackBox 3.0

julow123

May 11, 2014

I am no expert, but I can tell you what I know. If you do the At&t OTA update it will update your bootloader to NB1. This current bootloader has yet to be exploited for a way to root. Just wait patiently till the time the developers out there figure out a way to open the bootloader back up. I have read of way to install safestrap. However I have also read mixed reviews of the safety of your device. Best of luck to you.

Reactions: Matias1982

Matias1982

Oct 27, 2013
Thanks! I'm going to wait to see if the community exploit this bootloader soon. I have also read a mix of opinions from good to bad trying to downgrade so it can be rootable.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You can't use CM, Paranoid, or any AOSP ROMs now. Look at the NB1 downgrade thread and the KitKat Magic Toolkit.

Sent from my SGH-I337 running BlackBox 3.0

I am no expert, but I can tell you what I know. If you do the At&t OTA update it will update your bootloader to NB1. This current bootloader has yet to be exploited for a way to root. Just wait patiently till the time the developers out there figure out a way to open the bootloader back up. I have read of way to install safestrap. However I have also read mixed reviews of the safety of your device. Best of luck to you.