[APP] 3G Toggler by Gnufabio and Roach2010

Search This thread

sronweb

Jul 25, 2010
Sicily
OnePlus 6T
Realme 8
I'm testing 3 usb sticks on Transformer with Revolver ROM. Only 1 dongle is working but is from a friend of mine and I should return it back....
I have followed all procedures here and also on Kasimodo's post with the script. I have also used "tf101_huawei_install_scripts" in addition of the 3G pack and "3G Toggler by Gnufabio and Roach2010" from this thread installed from recovery.
But I could not follow the complete procedure starting from clean "Prime" installation from windows as my pc (64bit) detect the APX drivers only at the beginning then then I cannot continue the procedure. After several tests I have this situation:

- Huawei K3715 (branded Vodafone, no lock)
=> this is the only modem working correctly with a stable connection But I should return it back. No need to disable composite device.

- Onda comm. MT503HSA (branded TIM, no lock. It should be equal to ZTE MF627/MF628 as real manufacture but not sure....)
=> APN list is visible and it is registered to network. APN ON/OFF widget become green or red if I switch but the modem does not react and stays with fixed blue led. It seems to be almost working but the connection does not start even if I have restarted several times as also reported on this post:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=18123532&postcount=58
It was not possible to disable composite device and it effect I can see on the notification area that the tablet detect an usb memory for a second:
AT^U2DIAG=0 -> ERROR
AT+ZOPRT=5 -> OK
AT+ZCDRUN=8 -> ERROR
Hyperterminal return continously the message +ZUSIMR:2 as loop. It means that the modem does not know where to store the SMS messages.
Please, any other suggestion or ATI command?

- Huawei E173 EVO (branded 3 Ita, locked)
This should work in theory but currently remained with blinking blue LED, then never register to the network. APN list remains empty. The composite device was switched off succesfully.
AT^U2DIAG=0 => OK
I bought this modem few days ago because I was expecting that it should work...

PS: I just discovered that my one, the branded version from 3 Italy is called E173 EVO and it seems to not work on android tablets. Hope I'm wrong...

Please, any other suggestion?

Last edited:

Vampyres

Mar 2, 2010
Toshiba Thrive

Hi!

I own a rooted Toshiba Thrive running Android 3.2.1 and would like to enable the mobile network menu under "Settings".

Can I install this 3G Toggler safely on my device or is it "Transformer-only" in some way? Obviously I don't want to brick my device.

My goal is to get my Huawei E220 3G USB dongle to work with the Thrive.

TIA

gunnergetcha

Jan 29, 2012
Hi Guys. i have been trying to get my usb dongle working on my sl101.
ive been searching for 3 day for info with no luck. mainly cause im a noob and confused about steps to take to flash? or update the rom?

can anyone point me to a post that has all the steps to get it working?

not sure what info you guys need to hopefully help me but im pretty sure this might help.

kernel: 2.6.36.3-00001

build: htk75.ww_epad-8.6.5.21

sorry if this is not properly in the right place or way.

thanks in advance

Peter.

amrth

Nov 16, 2010
Mate: I am kind of confused with all the information here, I would like to know if its possible to install the apk on a rooted tf101?

Apart from rooting my tf101 has not undergone any softwares changes other that the OTA firmwares, I am curious to install this apk as this would save me the trouble of internet on the move. Please advice.

Amrth

MytyMyky

Aug 27, 2009
Murtosa, Aveiro
I've been doing some testing and it seems that any time I use the enabler on ICS (i've been following a couple of the threads), I end up losing USB conectivity (to my PC - both file transfer and adb). would be nice to see this work on ICs (or a future rom supporting the same functionality)

Reactions: alainwolf

Rustli

Mar 3, 2012
Karlovy Vary
My 3g dogle doesnt work :( I have bought Huawei E160, it works perfect on PC/notebook but it doesnt work on TF. I have flash 3g toogle and everthinkg go well. I can see VPN seting s in menu. But if i add new VPN network it write "unsuccessfully" . I think that the problem may be, that TF need name and password for me, but in PC i dont type any. Does anyone know how to connect without name+password?
Thanks

Edit: Now i can see APN networks, but if i add new and type all what its need, its doesnt save :(. I have tried Revolver ROM too. I have ICS,but i dont think its the problem. I think in CM9 it will work, but i dont like CM.I need help from you guys.

Last edited:

barbosini

Jun 18, 2008
Newbie needs help

Hello all,

First of all, sorry if this question seems dumb or lazy, but I am 100% newbie on these matters.
I want to enable the 3g settings on my tf201.
Can someone guide my on how to use this app?
I installed it but it seems not to be enoughf because when I run it, nothing appens.

Thanks in advance

BR,
Barbosini

waumy

Jun 8, 2010
Hello,
I have huawei E270,
My rom is revolver 4.0.3 with 3g toggler. And my huawei don't work....
I have slider..

tarapitha

Jun 24, 2012
Is the source available?

Hello! It would be interesting to see what exactly does this utility do! I can connect my TF201 by the means of Huawei E173 to my ISP with "UMTS manager", but the system does not recognize the connection and some functions are crippled. I also installed Debian chroot and configured ppp for connection, but must use 'setopt' after 'pon' to set DNS server address to use it outside of chroot. So the connection is sort of functioning, but inconvenient to use. Source of 3G Toggler could greatly help to see why is this function hidden, but the ppp functionality and Huawei USB driver are compiled into kernel by Asus.

sronweb

Jul 25, 2010
Sicily
OnePlus 6T
Realme 8
Hello,
I have huawei E270,
My rom is revolver 4.0.3 with 3g toggler. And my huawei don't work....
I have slider..

Currently 3g using usb toggler is not supported yet with any model. Just recently gnufabio posted that it should be one of the next feature to implement. I know it's working only in few roms with ICS. We should wait a little bit more.

waumy

Jun 8, 2010
Currently 3g using usb toggler is not supported yet with any model. Just recently gnufabio posted that it should be one of the next feature to implement. I know it's working only in few roms with ICS. We should wait a little bit more.

Yes excatly...My huawei e270 work with megatron 1.1.6 but the wifi is not good....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Here is a small app from me and Roach2010 which allow you to enable the 3G settings menu after that you flash a rom or the 3g enabler from the CWM.

Read carefully:
    This app need root permissions and overwrites the bootloader, so it may cause some problems. If you get a problem, just use nvlash.

Credits:
    • Me for programming this app
    • Roach2010 for his bright idea and for having provided the modded bootloaders

If you have any issue, please report it. Thanks :p
    Please note that this will not disable the 3g options for Prime 1.9 (3g version) since I had hardcoded some changes into the ROM files but this will work with every other ROM.
    no chance.

flashed plugin (again), typed in apn settings about 10 times - nothing saved, no connection

Did you "turn off the composite device of the 3G dongle" as described here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=15284906&postcount=1

When I plugin my dongle it takes some time to get the APN to showup (I even need to remove and plugin the dongle sometimes)

On the market you can also find APN tools to set the APN manualy.
    hmmm, i can see what i'm writing within putty (copy and paste from putty what you see above) . Well, why ^ should be on top of U? anyway, I'll give it a try.

at^u2diag=0
    COMMAND NOT SUPPORT
    AT^U2DIAG=0
    COMMAND NOT SUPPORT

there have to be "OK"

Perhaps try with other PC or Laptop. Is the Dongle branded or locked?
    Or are you able to put an other Firmware on it?
    @bswpt

I don't know why, but when I tried PuTTy again, I can see normally the letters I'm typing... too strange!!! :confused:

by the way, here is my log:

ati
    Manufacturer: huawei
    Model: E173
    Revision: 21.015.01.03.***
    IMEI: 3520980********
    +GCAP: +CGSM,+DS,+ES

OK
    AT^U2DIAG=0
    OK

did u get 3G connection already?!?