[GAME][1.6+] Binary Sudoku 1.0.8

Search This thread
Hi xda,

I'm new here, but wanted to post my first game to get some more feedback.

Android Market: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.rickboerebach.android.binarysudoku

The game is free, has no ads, requires no permissions and currently has 100 puzzles, which guarantee about 8-12 hours of puzzle time :)

The Binary Puzzle:

The binary puzzle is a new and challenging logic puzzle that you can solve by
reasoning. Only zeros and ones occur in the puzzle, but this turns out to be
more complicated than it seems to be. This app offers binary puzzles of various
sizes and levels. A last warning: The binary puzzle is quite addictive.

Rules:

Each cell should contain a zero or a one. No more than two similar numbers
below or next to each other are allowed. Each row and each column is unique
and contains as many zeros as ones.

Attachments

• screenshot_colors_3.jpg
    screenshot_colors_3.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 390
  • screenshot_3.jpg
    screenshot_3.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 326
  • screenshot_colors_1.jpg
    screenshot_colors_1.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 355
  • screenshot_colors_2.jpg
    screenshot_colors_2.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 513
Last edited:

ZeGuitarist

Apr 16, 2011
Belgium
I've been waiting for a binary sudoku app for literally months. Thank you, sir, for bringing this awesome puzzle game to my phone at last!

Will install immediately, and report back on how I like it.

Thanks for the replies. If you have any feedback or suggestions, feel free to post :)

Just updated to version 1.2.0 with OpenFeint highscores & achievements (suggestions for achievements are welcome)!

Last edited:

polstein

Sep 9, 2007
Thanks for creating this app! I love puzzle apps that rely more on the puzzle and less on the graphics & sounds!

Installing it now & will let you know.

EDIT: Going through the easy levels & loving the simple logic used (so far, simple :)

Questions

Each row & each column is unique - I presume that you can have the same sequence of numbers in a row & a column (just not 2 rows with the same sequence)? I haven't hit it yet, but want to know for when I hit them.

Are the solutions unique? Can each one be solved strictly with logic (ie, no guess needed to go on)?

Is this your own puzzle idea? I can't say I've heard of it before (will google shortly)

Thanks again!

Last edited:

Stigy

Feb 4, 2009
Nice game -- just played through some easy levels. Definitely a fun little game.

ZeGuitarist

Apr 16, 2011
Belgium
Looks like a very solid app. However, would it be possible to add the functionality of adding your own puzzles? Like in OpenSudoku, where you can create your own sudoku from a blank grid; that way you can copy a puzzle from the newspaper that someone else has already filled in, for example, and still do it yourself.

That, and more puzzles, would be awesome.

Thanks for creating this app! I love puzzle apps that rely more on the puzzle and less on the graphics & sounds!

Installing it now & will let you know.

EDIT: Going through the easy levels & loving the simple logic used (so far, simple :)

Questions

Each row & each column is unique - I presume that you can have the same sequence of numbers in a row & a column (just not 2 rows with the same sequence)? I haven't hit it yet, but want to know for when I hit them.

Are the solutions unique? Can each one be solved strictly with logic (ie, no guess needed to go on)?

Is this your own puzzle idea? I can't say I've heard of it before (will google shortly)

Thanks again!

Yeah, you can have the same sequence of numbers in a row and column and solutions are unique and can be solved strictly with logic.

Sadly, it's not my own puzzle idea :p i saw a puzzlebook with this type of puzzles at the local magazine store and pretty much got addicted. Tho, a puzzlebook is not convenient in the train etc, and there was no app for it. I'm a developer myself and decided to invest a day of work in making my personal traveling more fun, and introducing this puzzle to the rest of the Android world :)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA Premium App

Thanks for writing a post on the frontpage, didn't expect it to be reviewed :cool: This will definitely boost downloads!

Also, thanks to everybody who downloaded (and rated/reviewed) the game :)

Looks like a very solid app. However, would it be possible to add the functionality of adding your own puzzles? Like in OpenSudoku, where you can create your own sudoku from a blank grid; that way you can copy a puzzle from the newspaper that someone else has already filled in, for example, and still do it yourself.

That, and more puzzles, would be awesome.

Yeah, great idea. I want to implement more community aspects, but I first want to see how things turn out. If the game gets popular, I can get a dedicated server and write an API backend for these kind of things :)

This apps looks great. I'm going to download this and review it on my blog (Android Cowboy) as soon as I can. I'll put the link once it's posted. Hopefully it will help get you more downloads :D.

Thanks a lot, greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Hey, rickboerebach

Thanks a lot for your efforts. Your game is very amusing. It's, indeed, pretty addictive!

Please, correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that the harder the level, it gets easier to reach more than one solution, but your application accepts one of them only.

Thanks again, anyway.

Best regards,
Carlos

Hey, rickboerebach

Thanks a lot for your efforts. Your game is very amusing. It's, indeed, pretty addictive!

Please, correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that the harder the level, it gets easier to reach more than one solution, but your application accepts one of them only.

Thanks again, anyway.

Best regards,
Carlos

Glad you like it. Each puzzle only has one solution ;) People tend to forget the row/column uniqueness rule, maybe you overlooked that one? Each row has to be unique and each column has to be unique. Tho, you can have the same sequence of numbers in a row and a column.

xantoy

May 22, 2011
I downloaded your game and played a few levels, it's simple but challenging.
I really like it, I'm going to spend some more time with it at the university tomorrow. ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi xda,

I'm new here, but wanted to post my first game to get some more feedback.

Android Market: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.rickboerebach.android.binarysudoku

The game is free, has no ads, requires no permissions and currently has 100 puzzles, which guarantee about 8-12 hours of puzzle time :)

The Binary Puzzle:

The binary puzzle is a new and challenging logic puzzle that you can solve by
    reasoning. Only zeros and ones occur in the puzzle, but this turns out to be
    more complicated than it seems to be. This app offers binary puzzles of various
    sizes and levels. A last warning: The binary puzzle is quite addictive.

Rules:

Each cell should contain a zero or a one. No more than two similar numbers
    below or next to each other are allowed. Each row and each column is unique
    and contains as many zeros as ones.
    Hey, rickboerebach

Thanks again, anyway.

Best regards,
    Carlos

Glad you like it. Each puzzle only has one solution ;) People tend to forget the row/column uniqueness rule, maybe you overlooked that one? Each row has to be unique and each column has to be unique. Tho, you can have the same sequence of numbers in a row and a column.
    Aiming to release an update tomorrow or wednesday :)

Please submit your feedback & suggestions using this page also (in addition to posting here):
    http://rickboerebach.wordpress.com/app-suggestions/

This way I can organize my TODO list better, by labeling suggestions. Thanks!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA Premium App
    will definitely check this out later. Two of my favorite things :)

sent from my fully armed and operational space phone
    Any news on this app? Are there any future updates to be expected?

No rush, I'd just like to know if this is still alive.

Yeah, been on hold for a few weeks. Planning on a big update soon! New puzzles, better (still minimal) design/UI and more features.