[KERNEL] Project Voodoo stable, lagfix, color, sound. Usage and development.

Search This thread

yahknow1

Sep 23, 2009
Could I use this on my Epic 4G Touch?

Sorry if this has already been asked, a simple yes or no will be fine. I moved from a Epic 4G to a ET4G and have the app and all for my original Epic...Was just wondering if it would work?

Thanks

supercurio

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
May 31, 2010
Chambéry
spectrastudy.com
Just realized that there's now this "Smart Amplifier" checkbox in voodoo, how does it work?

Hi ! :)

Its the same feature as previous "Volume keys mapping (hack)" improved and renamed.
Also, headphone amp volume restoration doesn't depend on it anymore, as it was often requested.

I hope guys you like the update!

Reactions: ezio84

ykphuah

Dec 17, 2009
Oh, didn't realize the map keys checkbox was gone until you said it.

I thought Smart Amplifier is something about Volume Normalization. :p

Vinnie8018

Jul 9, 2010
fix video playback drivers?

Anyone else interested in hardware accelerated video playback being part of a voodoo kernel?

On all ICS roms video playback is limited to software decode for mkv or xvid and hence the built in player [while not great anyway] wont play downloaded tv files.

Since froyo and GB roms all played them fine in hardware decode it seems a little dumb that we have to lose some functionality every time we move forward with the OS. Could it be as simple as copying drivers from GB roms to ICS roms?

Am I asking in the wrong place or is this something that the genius we find in supercurio could fix?

Thanks for all your hard work

oswade

Jun 18, 2010
Anyone else interested in hardware accelerated video playback being part of a voodoo kernel?

On all ICS roms video playback is limited to software decode for mkv or xvid and hence the built in player [while not great anyway] wont play downloaded tv files.

Since froyo and GB roms all played them fine in hardware decode it seems a little dumb that we have to lose some functionality every time we move forward with the OS. Could it be as simple as copying drivers from GB roms to ICS roms?

Am I asking in the wrong place or is this something that the genius we find in supercurio could fix?

Thanks for all your hard work

Wrong place I think bud. I'm sure the ICS rom/kernel devs will work on this eventually if they're not already.

bringonblink

Feb 2, 2011
London
I'm on AOKP Milestone 5 stock kernel, and i have the paid version of voodoo sound plus.

When i try and load the sound module, i get a 'voodoo sound driver loading issue' error.

I'm rooted and voodoo has permissions.

Anyone know what the problem is?

edit

woops i'm in the wrong forum, on the nexus s lol

Top Liked Posts