Update to ICS available this morning

Search This thread

goofball2k

Oct 5, 2010
Ottawa
Has anyone received the update while being stock rooted only with 3.2? I am rooted and I want to make sure that I can still get it and if not I will flash other version, couldn't hurt to see. Let me know please thanks peoples!

Coop

Yes, I did when I rolled back from the RC03 version of ICS from this forum. I rolled back to HC 3.2. The updates then followed, pushing to 3.2.1, then 2 small updates, then ICS, all OTA.

TommygunRob

Apr 27, 2012
Quetion, mine is Acer_A100_2.008.03_PA_CA, will I be able to update via OTA? I've downgraded from leaked ICS to 3.2 then updated all the way to 3.2.1 but instead of gen1 or 2 it says PA_CA, and so far nothing. I'd like to know if I'd be able to get it with the tablet saying pa_ca

Sent from my A100 using XDA

daraldf

Apr 26, 2012
Elsmere
Quetion, mine is Acer_A100_2.008.03_PA_CA, will I be able to update via OTA? I've downgraded from leaked ICS to 3.2 then updated all the way to 3.2.1 but instead of gen1 or 2 it says PA_CA, and so far nothing. I'd like to know if I'd be able to get it with the tablet saying pa_ca

Sent from my A100 using XDA

Same for me.

grids7

Mar 17, 2011
Update failed!

I have rooted Acer Iconia A100, running HC (3.2.1), with build number Acer_A100_2.013.02_COM_GEN2, and received notice of system updates this morning. First, was the smaller update, which was applied successfully. Then, the larger (~165MB), which downloaded, and attempted installation, only to see Andy with the large Triangle of Doom on his chest. System rebooted, and when I got past the unlock screen, system message said simply, "Update failed."

Any others with this failure? Any suggestions? Do I need to unroot prior to the update?

crisisinthecity

Nov 8, 2009
Cincinnati
www.ripplejunction.com
I have rooted Acer Iconia A100, running HC (3.2.1), with build number Acer_A100_2.013.02_COM_GEN2, and received notice of system updates this morning. First, was the smaller update, which was applied successfully. Then, the larger (~165MB), which downloaded, and attempted installation, only to see Andy with the large Triangle of Doom on his chest. System rebooted, and when I got past the unlock screen, system message said simply, "Update failed."

Any others with this failure? Any suggestions? Do I need to unroot prior to the update?

You need a stock bootloader to get OTAs to install.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using xda premium

britbloke

Jan 21, 2010
Kitchener
I gave up checking and went ahead and downloaded the stock ICS ROM from the development thread. Install was smooth, and then I did a factory reset to erase all user data.

dansul

Apr 18, 2012
Europe
I gave up checking and went ahead and downloaded the stock ICS ROM from the development thread. Install was smooth, and then I did a factory reset to erase all user data.

I tried it as well and it worked well for the most part. I've seen lag in one game and scrolling on the play marketplace seems laggy and not as smooth as on HC. Check if yours behaves the same.

payazo915

Dec 25, 2011
Same here according to acer's site the whole process of ota updates should take a week.

Sent from my A100 using XDA Premium HD app

Top Liked Posts