[Q] What is this thing that is eating my battery? com.android.systemui

Search This thread

moseso

Dec 9, 2010
Hopkins, MN, USA
moseso.com
Rooted -- Calkulin's Stock "Battery Saver" ROM -- Xposed Framework -- a few mods from XBlast Tools running.

First off, a Root Explorer search for com.android.systemui returned nothing.

What is com.android.systemui? I don't think I saw this in my usage until a couple of days ago.
Why does 31 seconds of CPU and 1 second of keep awake = almost TRIPLE the battery use of 12 minutes of screen-on time?????

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-07-10-46-00.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-03-07-10-46-00.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 311
  • Screenshot_2014-03-07-10-46-11.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-07-10-46-11.png
    179.4 KB · Views: 280
  • Screenshot_2014-03-07-10-46-19.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-07-10-46-19.png
    166.6 KB · Views: 270
  • Screenshot_2014-03-07-11-04-40.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-03-07-11-04-40.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 228

TomTcom

Mar 27, 2011
Rooted -- Calkulin's Stock "Battery Saver" ROM -- Xposed Framework -- a few mods from XBlast Tools running.

What is com.android.systemui? I don't think I saw this in my usage until a couple of days ago.
Why does 31 seconds of CPU and 1 second of keep awake = almost TRIPLE the battery use of 12 minutes of screen-on time?????

It's the actual System User Interface. So most likely a combination of the rom and xposed are causing this. Also, dirty flashes of ROMs can cause this.

If you installed a new xposed module and noticed a battery drain the uninstall that module. Otherwise remove other xposed modules. You could always try a frew full wipe in recovery as well.

I have had this issue with mostly with dirty flashing which is my queue to do a clean flash. It's also possible if you restored any apps with data, like from Titanium Backup, could potentially cause this as well.

Reactions: moseso

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
Rooted -- Calkulin's Stock "Battery Saver" ROM

you got caught up in a lie, with buzzwords that are pushing for you to use the rom. theres no such thing as a battery saving rom. all those scripts/mods being used in the rom are just buzzwords. battery life is all dependent on how you personally use your device, how you set up your device, and your data/phone signal quality. a rom will not save you battery.

moseso

Dec 9, 2010
Hopkins, MN, USA
moseso.com
Thanks for the help, Tom. A visit to recovery to wipe caches and fix permissions and a reboot caused this -->

simms -- I do understand that. I am not really disappointed in my battery life -- and it doesn't seem to have changed much in the week that I've had the phone. But the reporting of it had, and that sort of alarmed me...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-07-11-40-04.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-03-07-11-40-04.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 179
Reactions: TomTcom

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
Thanks for the help, Tom. A visit to recovery to wipe caches and fix permissions and a reboot caused this -->

simms -- I do understand that. I am not really disappointed in my battery life -- and it doesn't seem to have changed much in the week that I've had the phone. But the reporting of it had, and that sort of alarmed me...

wow, your android system is high, even though only 10% battery was used. a reboot might fix that though. you might have to go through your settings and setup again, disable stuff like google location reporting/history(it wont disable your location).

moseso

Dec 9, 2010
Hopkins, MN, USA
moseso.com
wow, your android system is high, even though only 10% battery was used. a reboot might fix that though. you might have to go through your settings and setup again, disable stuff like google location reporting/history(it wont disable your location).

I'm beginning to think the issue I'm having is in the reporting -- not actually a battery use problem. I've only had the phone a week, so my data base is small, but I haven't really seen bad battery life nor any real change in it. Even with some use and a bunch of time fiddling with the mods and stuff, I've yet to go to bed with less than 50% left. Mostly, more...

Here's the latest pics. com.android.systemui is back on top in the overview with 36% The detail page shows 39% and a whole 2 seconds of CPU. That just CAN'T be right...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-07-12-44-14.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-03-07-12-44-14.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 134
  • Screenshot_2014-03-07-12-44-06.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-07-12-44-06.png
    176.6 KB · Views: 129

varuntis1993

Apr 7, 2013
New Delhi
I'm beginning to think the issue I'm having is in the reporting -- not actually a battery use problem. I've only had the phone a week, so my data base is small, but I haven't really seen bad battery life nor any real change in it. Even with some use and a bunch of time fiddling with the mods and stuff, I've yet to go to bed with less than 50% left. Mostly, more...

Here's the latest pics. com.android.systemui is back on top in the overview with 36% The detail page shows 39% and a whole 2 seconds of CPU. That just CAN'T be right...

Can u show the battery graph? And also why is your bluetooth on every time.

moseso

Dec 9, 2010
Hopkins, MN, USA
moseso.com
Can u show the battery graph? And also why is your bluetooth on every time.

Which battery graph? You mean the current usage graph I showed in the OP, from Battery Monitor Widget?
Re Bluetooth: I just leave it on, so when I step in the car it just connects to the car. No muss, no fuss, no bother.
I suppose I could try turning it off and see how much battery I save. I know with my previous phone (EVO4G) the point at which I started leaving the bluetooth on all the time didn't change my battery life to any noticeable extent.

Here's battery monitor widget current use. The EVO idled at 70 - 95 ma. This one does seem to draw a lot more at idle. I don't know what's "normal."

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-07-14-48-34.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-03-07-14-48-34.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 102

varuntis1993

Apr 7, 2013
New Delhi
Which battery graph? You mean the current usage graph I showed in the OP, from Battery Monitor Widget?
Re Bluetooth: I just leave it on, so when I step in the car it just connects to the car. No muss, no fuss, no bother.
I suppose I could try turning it off and see how much battery I save. I know with my previous phone (EVO4G) the point at which I started leaving the bluetooth on all the time didn't change my battery life to any noticeable extent.

Here's battery monitor widget current use. The EVO idled at 70 - 95 ma. This one does seem to draw a lot more at idle. I don't know what's "normal."

Stock battery app like this

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-08-02-46-54.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-08-02-46-54.png
    119.5 KB · Views: 89

moseso

Dec 9, 2010
Hopkins, MN, USA
moseso.com
Stock battery app like this

Not very interesting. It keeps resetting, every time I plug in to USB to transfer the screenshots to my mac for posting here. I'm not leaving it plugged in very long -- I just move the pics and unplug it. I unplugged it this morning at 7:30 AM. It's now almost seven hours later and I'm at 93%. That ain't bad. It's a gradual descent -- no big drops like the one in your post.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-07-15-20-37.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-07-15-20-37.png
    170.8 KB · Views: 78

varuntis1993

Apr 7, 2013
New Delhi
Not very interesting. It keeps resetting, every time I plug in to USB to transfer the screenshots to my mac for posting here. I'm not leaving it plugged in very long -- I just move the pics and unplug it. I unplugged it this morning at 7:30 AM. It's now almost seven hours later and I'm at 93%. That ain't bad. It's a gradual descent -- no big drops like the one in your post.

Mine stats those are from my nexus 7 2013, Sot of around 4 and still 55% battery left.
I just showed u for sample. A simple restart should fix as simms told
I m on stock rom with x blast tool never happened with me....u can try to use ur phone in safe mode and see...I know its a system app but u can give a try with bluetooth off. Or flash a diff rom and see

Last edited:

bblzd

Nov 6, 2013
Toronto
If your phone is vibrating a lot and you have extra UI elements installed this seems normal.

When you only use a small percentage of the full battery smaller drains appear large.

Bit off topic, but have you thought of using WiFi to move your files over? No messing with the wire and you could even automate the task.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

It's the actual System User Interface. So most likely a combination of the rom and xposed are causing this. Also, dirty flashes of ROMs can cause this.

If you installed a new xposed module and noticed a battery drain the uninstall that module. Otherwise remove other xposed modules. You could always try a frew full wipe in recovery as well.

I have had this issue with mostly with dirty flashing which is my queue to do a clean flash. It's also possible if you restored any apps with data, like from Titanium Backup, could potentially cause this as well.
    Rooted -- Calkulin's Stock "Battery Saver" ROM

you got caught up in a lie, with buzzwords that are pushing for you to use the rom. theres no such thing as a battery saving rom. all those scripts/mods being used in the rom are just buzzwords. battery life is all dependent on how you personally use your device, how you set up your device, and your data/phone signal quality. a rom will not save you battery.

If your phone is vibrating a lot and you have extra UI elements installed this seems normal.

When you only use a small percentage of the full battery smaller drains appear large.

Bit off topic, but have you thought of using WiFi to move your files over? No messing with the wire and you could even automate the task.

Thanks for the push. Found a nifty WiFi file transfer app this morning. Boy, is that slick!