[Q] New Android Update screwed my phone?

Search This thread

Enso.Xv

Mar 14, 2014
Hi.

So just recently I allowed the newest update to download on my phone....
and since then my Note 3 has been randomly freezing and rebooting, sometimes making odd noises when the screen is off...
Anyway, I just got this new Sony Vaio laptop with NFC beam on it and decided to try it with my phone. Now mind you, I have NFC turned ON on my phone and I know how to use the beam with both devices. Now, when I try to beam a picture or website to my phone from my laptop I get up to the point where my phone says to "now bring devices back together" but after I do that all I get is the little noise that basically indicates that the data is supposed to be transferred...but instead it keeps sporadically beeping. Does anyone have any idea how to solve this? I just recently did a complete factory reset, pulled the battery, restarted and everything. Nothing has worked.

DevilDog512

Nov 9, 2013
Austin
Hmm. I would try flashing one of the stock tars available in Odin. Make sure to remove your extsdcard and be aware it erases internal storage if you do. But sounds like you got a bad download. Or try with kies or something. The stock tars in Odin won't trip Knox.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Reactions: micmars

micmars

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 1, 2013
Tampa Bay
Hmm. I would try flashing one of the stock tars available in Odin. Make sure to remove your extsdcard and be aware it erases internal storage if you do. But sounds like you got a bad download. Or try with kies or something. The stock tars in Odin won't trip Knox.

This is exactly right...start by going back to completely stock. That'll get him back to a very good place...

After that, we will see if that fixes the biggest problems described (ie, phone not working). He can down the line worry about the the file sharing issue

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Reactions: DevilDog512

DevilDog512

Nov 9, 2013
Austin
This is exactly right...start by going back to completely stock. That'll get him back to a very good place...

After that, we will see if that fixes the biggest problems described (ie, phone not working). He can down the line worry about the the file sharing issue

Exactly. The whole phone making weird noises when screen is off would have been it for me. Lol. That can't be good.

Reactions: micmars

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Exactly. The whole phone making weird noises when screen is off would have been it for me. Lol. That can't be good.