[ROM] [DLX] [5.1.1] TeamEOS

Search This thread

danjull

Feb 26, 2011
Athens
Ok, I've been neglecting this thread a little. New build up over at teameos.org. Updated thread title to reflect that we're actually current with 5.1.1, removed old kitkat links in OP, updated gapps link to slim gapps. If anyone has any other gapps you prefer, let me know and I'll add a link in the OP.

Reactions: dickcruz

dickcruz

Apr 25, 2013
Ok, I've been neglecting this thread a little. New build up over at teameos.org. Updated thread title to reflect that we're actually current with 5.1.1, removed old kitkat links in OP, updated gapps link to slim gapps. If anyone has any other gapps you prefer, let me know and I'll add a link in the OP.

Woot!

Mav3rick40

Apr 25, 2013
Arnold Nebraska
I was wondering is anyone having trouble with there phone freezing on them or having trouble connecting to mobile data? and it wont make a call. on the latest update 6/18/15

cirios83

Jun 28, 2011
Thank you for this ROM! This is the only ROM with high volume speaker sound with no distortion. Every other ROM (even original) has very quiet sound or even quiet with distortion from speaker.

da_emperor

Oct 4, 2012
So far so good, outside stock ROMs, TeamEOS 5.1.1 has been the best in terms of battery performance. Love the ROM. Daily driver endorsed

Reactions: Mav3rick40

rootMBX

Feb 9, 2009
Freezing.

I was wondering is anyone having trouble with there phone freezing on them or having trouble connecting to mobile data? and it wont make a call. on the latest update 6/18/15

Just moved to this ROM using the 9/06 build and I've noticed the freezing too...

Forced phone restart is usually necessary.

BUT, I've also noticed how well speakphone works using Dialer and that the Hangouts speakerphone works, in general. Had issues with both using Mokee.

Reactions: Mav3rick40

rootMBX

Feb 9, 2009
Microphone Sensitivity

Freezing seems to be gone after a factory reset.

9/06 had a very sensitive mic that would introduce a lot of noise during calls.
9/21 improved upon that greatly (Thank you!), but now Google Now "OK Google" listening is very difficult to trigger; phone must be very close to speaker's mouth.

Is there anyway for the user to fine tune mic sensitivity (ala software mod, mixer_paths.xml on nexus) or is that all locked away in the kernel?

Thank you, and the team, for keeping our device useful.

KyJelly69

Apr 26, 2010
Indianapolis
Love this ROM!!!

But it doesn't appear to have init.d support. Any way to build this in?

Nm. Clearly it has init.d support.

Last edited:

rootMBX

Feb 9, 2009
Newest 9/30 update has the ROM running very smooth now and the Google Now mic issue was fixed a couple of updates ago. Thank you!

A new issue has come up. While turning on the display, if already on speakerphone, you hear a small pop/crackle from the speaker and then it switches back to the small speaker. Attempting to switch to speakerphone again works fine, unless you turn off/on the display again.

rejectedjs

Apr 1, 2012
I just want to make a little announcement that the 10/11 update seemingly broke Camera as well as the ability for my SIM card to be detected, but going back to the 9/30 update fixed it.

Reactions: KyJelly69

KyJelly69

Apr 26, 2010
Indianapolis
Can anyone else make/receive phone calls on the 9/30 build? I can not.

Edit:
I have done a full wipe, installed 9/30 build and gapps. I can not make/receive calls. what in the world is going on?

Edit:
after troubleshooting with tech support they concluded it was the SIM. So I bought a new SIM and that did not fix it. :(
I'm thinking I might want to reflash the radio. Can anyone point me to the page where those are kept and a flash guide? I'll be looking but some help is appreciated.

Edit:
Well it seems that I have Radio 1.02.01.0818 but I can't find where I got it. I think it might have been part of the firmware update. Help?

Edit:
found it. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2560010

Edit:
Flashing Radio in recovery did not resolve issue. Will try full software update from fastboot.

Edit:
Flashing the entire software update in fastboot did not resolve issue. now i really need help. is there a log file that would be helpful to somebody to help me?

Edit:
I flashed 9/27 build (not sure if this made any difference). when I place a call if I press the speakerphone button or bring up the numpad and press a number, sometimes it will actually place the call. And I've noticed that the screen flashes blue when I try to place calls. Should I got back to stock and start over?

Edit:
OK, flashed the 9/06 build and now I can make and receive calls. I will try newer versions until I can not. Stay tuned... :)

Edit:
9/21 loses the ability to make and receive calls. back to 9/06. How can we fix this? Thanks for all your support ;P

Edit:
Seems I was a bit premature. The calling issue is still present and 9/06 freezes a lot.

Last edited:

KyJelly69

Apr 26, 2010
Indianapolis
I haven't flashed the latest build, been working on marshmallow. But all builds up until the 10/11 one, calls are working for me. Been running the 9/30 build with no issues.

Sent from my wx_na_wf using XDA Free mobile app

ya, starting to think it's the phone. It's kind of strange that another user is having the same issue a few pages back.
I flashed crdroid and now when I try to make a call the backlight or the entire screen turns off (not sure which). I know it's on because it responds to button presses.
the 2 ROMs have CM in common so maybe I'll Tesla which is Slim based. or GPE.
This suck I only needed this phone until something cool with the qualcomm 820 comes out.

Last edited:

Supashawn

Nov 29, 2013
Tampa
@KyJelly69 ; I had a similar situation once; I wiped everything including internal and then installed my ROM of choice via sideload. Have you tried wiping internal?

Last edited:

rootMBX

Feb 9, 2009
Hardware?

ya, starting to think it's the phone. It's kind of strange that another user is having the same issue a few pages back.
I flashed crdroid and now when I try to make a call the backlight or the entire screen turns off (not sure which). I know it's on because it responds to button presses.
the 2 ROMs have CM in common so maybe I'll Tesla which is Slim based. or GPE.
This suck I only needed this phone until something cool with the qualcomm 820 comes out.

I had the same issue on 10/11. No detected SIM. Sounds like you have a hardware problem. DNA has been known to have SIM slot issues.

To know for sure, RUU and see how it works on stock. These work while S-ON too.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TeamEOS.png

Welcome to EOS! The EOS project originated with the AOSP release of ICS, and was originally founded by Solarnz and co founded by Bigrushdog. Since then, EOS has evolved into a multinational collaborative effort backed by top Android developers. Our objective is to provide a world class AOSP build with unique features and enhancements. EOS is an ongoing development project in which builds are released on a regular basis. Feature request are not guaranteed, but always welcome. Every release should be considered stable and highly functional.

Team_Roster.png

bigrushdog - Project lead, Chief Developer [Nexus 6 || Nexus 10 || HTC One (M7)]
    RaymanFX - Co-leader, AOSP code maintainer [Xperia S || Nexus 7 (2013) || OPPO N1 || OPPO Find7a]
    Great-Geek - Rom Development, Gerrit Admin, EOS Site Maintenance [OnePlus One]
    SuperHanns - Rom Development [Nexus 5 || Xperia Z || Xperia ZL || LG G3]
    k5t4j5 - Rom Development, Qualcomm maintenance, G+ page[HTC M8 || LG Optimus G]
    xboxfanj - Qualcomm maintenance, Kernel developer[OnePlus One || HTC M8]
    danjull - [Droid DNA || Shield Tablet]
    Niropa - [Moto G]

Features.png

• NX Gesture Navigation Bar
    • Resizable Navigation Bar
    • LCD Density Picker
    • Ambient Display
    • EOS Wallpaper Showcase
    • Custom Quick Toggles/Tiles
    • Softkey Long-Press and Double-Tap Actions
    • Screen Recording
    • Network Indicator (WiP)
    • Dynamic Volume Steps
    • Reported working with MultiROM
    • CM12 Theme Engine
    • Volume keys switch depending on rotation. So the volume up key is always either on the top or to the right of volume down. (Toggle-able)
    • Default Volume Control Stream (Ring or Media)
    • Advanced power menu with reboot options.
    • Pre-Optimised OATs for better ART performance
    • MUCH MORE...

Credits.png

Special thanks to AOSP of course for providing open Android source,
    CyanogenMod, and anyone who has contributed to our cause.

Downloads.png

Droid DNA official builds
    (Builds are not generated if there are no changes to source, saving you from useless updates)

Because this is an AOSP based ROM, Google Apps are not included. Flash the gapps of your choosing after you flash the ROM. If you need help finding a gapps package, ask any of us and we'll be happy to help

5.1.X Slim GApps

Installation.png

These builds are designed to be installed from your favorite recovery. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE LATEST 5.1.X COMPATIBLE RECOVERY.
    Detailed instructions:

Going to EOS 5.1.X from another ROM:
    • Boot to recovery
    • BACKUP YOUR CURRENT SETUP!!!
    • Make a full wipe (Dalvik, Dalvik Cache, System, Data)
    • Flash the ROM
    • Flash optional kernel if you choose to not use provided kernel **We DO NOT support outside kernels**
    • Flash gapps
    • Reboot
    Updating from an older EOS build to new EOS build:
    You can usually skip the full wipe step and just wipe both caches. If ever you encounter an issue make sure you make a full wipe first before reporting it. This is what most call "Dirty Flashing". Normally this doesn't cause problems, but keep in mind a clean flash is always the best way to go.

Contribute
    Gerrit Review
    GitHub
    Google+ Community

All HTC msm8960 devices use a slightly moddified version of the standard CM built 3.4 linux kernel, many thanks to the boys on our CM team who have made most of this possible on our HTC devices.
    Kernel source

XDA:DevDB Information
    TeamEOS Droid DNA, ROM for the HTC Droid DNA

Contributors
    danjull, bigrushdog, RaymanFX
    ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2014-05-29
    Last Updated 2015-07-05
    @danjull I will test if you still need 1

I managed to mess up bluetooth, so that's not currently working. But that's the main fail I've found so far. Test away. Let me know what doesn't work. At your own risk. I've been running it for a few days without any other hiccups.
    EOS Droid DNA Lollipop ROM: http://daniel.johanssons.net/downloads//eos-5-20141125-UNOFFICIAL-dlx.zip

And you'll need to flash this before rebooting: http://download.chainfire.eu/632/SuperSU/BETA-SuperSU-v2.30.zip

And you'll need some gapps: https://s.basketbuild.com/gapps

I flash all 3 at one time without any issues so far. But ROM+SuperSU is a must for now, or screen will lock up after a little bit. Tested flashing on both twrp 2.7+ and 2.8
    If you liked cfx, this will be right up your alley. Been running it for about a week now without any hiccups. Official nightlies will be rolling out soon.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app
    Compiling another build that should iron out a little fail. Should have a tester up soon if anyone wants to be adventurous.
    Feel free to try this one and see if Bluetooth works. Same flashing steps as previous zip.
    http://daniel.johanssons.net/downloads/eos-5-20141127-UNOFFICIAL-dlx.zip