UHS-1 MicroSD

Search This thread

4rjan

Jan 17, 2010
Dear readers,

I'm searching a for a new SD card for my HD2 for a while now and wanted to buy a 32gb class 10 microsd card from samsung.
But then i saw a new cards with new classes called "UHS".
I also saw one of them having the class 6 and the UHS class.

I have a few question regarding this:

1. Does this UHS class work on the HD2?
2. Is it possible for a card to have a normal class and a UHS class?
3. if not, are UHS 1 cards as fast as class 10 cards on devices that do not support UHS?
4. How can UHS 1 be cheaper then class 10?

adata 32gb micrsosd UHS 1: cant post url...

the same card for 22 euro's: cant post url...

samsung 32gb microsd class 10 for 26 euro's: cant post url...

I hope this topic will answer the the questions i think other people have too.

kind regards,

4rjan

Reactions: wc2sime

retsam88

Feb 23, 2009
Can't answer for sure if they are 100% compatible with HD2 hardware(there is certain hardware requirement for UHS), but in theory any speed after class 8/10 is pointless. Class 10 is close to HD2 hardware bandwith limit. You won't benefit that.

hardan

Dec 15, 2005
I was also looking for a 32GB class 10 card and found the UHS-i type, but in the reviews i saw said about compatibility issues in non compatible devices or transfer speeds relatively low in devices without UHS-i compatibility.

To avoid problems i purchased one Samsung Class 10 card, works perfectly in my HD2 and don't have to worry.

4rjan

Jan 17, 2010
That is exactly what i thought, that the uhs-i has a lack of performance on not supported uhs-i devices and that they are not completely backwards compatible to normal class 10 speed.
Do you maybe have a URL of those complaints?

hengsheng120

Feb 3, 2012
I was also looking for a 32GB class 10 card and found the UHS-i type, but in the reviews i saw said about compatibility issues in non compatible devices or transfer speeds relatively low in devices without UHS-i compatibility.

To avoid problems i purchased one Samsung Class 10 card, works perfectly in my HD2 and don't have to worry.

That would be expected for transferring relatively small files and using windows formatting as the random read/write speed (most frequently used) will be slower with a higher class, whereas the sequential read/write speed will increase. This may beneficial for users with WP7 but if you use it anywhere else it will seem much slower.

Sent from my T9193 using xda

4rjan

Jan 17, 2010
But do UHS class 1 cards run ass class 10 cards when they are used with non supported UHS devices? If it is true what you guys are saying then its not.
I can't find anything about it on the English Wikipedia, but on the dutch Wikipedia it says it runs like class 10 on non supported devices:
http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/SD-kaart

UHS: MB (Megabyte) Mb (Megabit)
UHS Class 1 10 MB/s (min) 80 Mb/s (min)
UHS-I 104 MB/s (max) 832 Mb/s (max)
UHS Class 2 105 MB/s (min) 840 Mb/s (min)
UHS-II 300 MB/s (max) 2400 Mb/s (max)

omidz

May 10, 2011
Tehran
Home » Frequently Asked Questions » Memory Card
WHAT IS UHS-1 ?

"UHS-1" or more accurately "UHS-I" stands for "Ultra High Speed" - 1 and is a speed class for SDHC and SXDC memory cards.

UHS-I is the fastest category of card available today with a bus interface speed of up to 104 MB/s.

An SDHC UHS-I card will work in any SDHC compatible device at lower speeds, but to take advantage of the UHS-I speed, a UHS-I compatible device is essential.

doctorasgr

Oct 25, 2009
Nottingham
UHS-I doesn't work nice!

I try to use a SanDisk 16GB class10 Ultra MicroSd HC-I but as I found out it doesn't feet with my HD2 EU..... :( ...Although it works very smooth and fast after some hour my phone just freezes....only the light of the hardbuttons works...screen turns black...I take off the battery...and all this sadness comes to my face... :(
So I got back to my Transcend 16GB class10 and everything works almost fine (a little bit slow sometimes, so I use sd card boost and swapper2). :cool:
You can see by yourself ...the mmc driver has not included UHS mode...

zaro143

Apr 22, 2012
UHS vs CLASS

The UHS means it has content transfer speed of minimum 30mbps to maximum of 104mbpswhen you transfer the content from MicroSD to System(PC)....but the data write speed on the MicroSD depends on the CLASS mentioned on it i.e., CLASS 10 has MAX write speed of 10MB/S......(Note: all this speed transfer test will use top speculated system configurations so it may vary on our PC's).

Jun 3, 2013
Hello,

Just to echo what a few people have said elsewhere and clarify something. Using an SDcard with a UHS classification may well cause your HD2 to hang, black screen, freeze, crash .... especially when using certain ROMs. Some seem more resilient than others, but the NativeSD ROMs in particular rely heavily on accessing the SDcard. The only way to reset after a blackscreen is to remove battery and reboot.

The HD2 was never designed to work with these cards and they require specific voltages from the phone hardware in order to run correctly. The HD2 does not have such hardware. I used a Sandisc 16GB Class-10 UHS-1 card and my phone would hang/crash 7-10 times each day. After replacing it with a Class-10 Kingston card with no UHS classification, the phone runs fine. Nothing else was changed except the SDcard. The exact same installation was used by cloning the SDcard partitions. Consequently the phone runs fine now.

Just thought I'd post up in case it helps others.

Would appreciate if someone could mirror this post for me (I have less than 10 posts on XDA and don't want to spam the forum just to get them) on this thread for [ROM][4.1.2][720p] NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10 V1.5 [NativeSD] because a few people were complaining of bugs and it's nothing to do with the ROM itself, more the memory cards they are using.

Last edited:

Mister B

Sep 14, 2006
Ratchada (Bangkok)
I try to use a SanDisk 16GB class10 Ultra MicroSd HC-I but as I found out it doesn't feet with my HD2 EU..... :( ...Although it works very smooth and fast after some hour my phone just freezes....only the light of the hardbuttons works...screen turns black...I take off the battery...and all this sadness comes to my face... :(
So I got back to my Transcend 16GB class10 and everything works almost fine (a little bit slow sometimes, so I use sd card boost and swapper2). :cool:
You can see by yourself ...the mmc driver has not included UHS mode...

Use 32GB Sandisk class10 Ultra UHS HC-I without a single issue. Did want the mobile Ultra class 6 to be safe but sent me class10 UHS but worked out fine ...

jurgen99

Apr 1, 2011
Cosenza
Very strange,i using a Sony 8GB UHS-1 and it works fine with all roms (dataonext,nativesd).I'm thinking to buying a Sony 16GB UHS-1 :confused:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dear readers,

I'm searching a for a new SD card for my HD2 for a while now and wanted to buy a 32gb class 10 microsd card from samsung.
    But then i saw a new cards with new classes called "UHS".
    I also saw one of them having the class 6 and the UHS class.

I have a few question regarding this:

1. Does this UHS class work on the HD2?
    2. Is it possible for a card to have a normal class and a UHS class?
    3. if not, are UHS 1 cards as fast as class 10 cards on devices that do not support UHS?
    4. How can UHS 1 be cheaper then class 10?

adata 32gb micrsosd UHS 1: cant post url...

the same card for 22 euro's: cant post url...

samsung 32gb microsd class 10 for 26 euro's: cant post url...

I hope this topic will answer the the questions i think other people have too.

kind regards,

4rjan