Rikomagic MK802 IV - QuadCore 2GB

Search This thread

Krumholzmax

Nov 10, 2008
Hadera
Just received
Model#:MK802IV http://www.rikomagic.com/en/product/showpro_id_39_pid_19.html

CPU Rockchip 3188 Quad core, 28nm
GPU 2D/3D GPU,GPU Mali-400 MP4 @ 533MHz,GPU offers 3D graphic with OpenGL ES2.0 and OpenVG 1.1
OS Android4.1,(will update to Android4.2 with Miracast).
Main Frequency
Cortex-A9,Up to 1.8GHZ
RAM 2G DDR3
Memory 8GB/16GB for option
Expand Micro SD T-Flash(Maximum support 32GB)
Browser Browse webpage
Video Format WMV/ASF/MP4/3GP/3G2M4V/AVI/MJPEG/RV10/DivX/VC-1/MPEG-2/MPEG-4/H.263/H.264/1280*720P HD 30 fps, 1080P/720*480 D1 30fps
Audio Format MP3/WMA/APE/FLAC/AAC/OGG/AC3/WAV Music
Can be connected to the Internet, listen to music online
Picture format Max.8000x8000 JPEG BMP GIF PNG
WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
Bluetooth Build in
Flash Supports flash 11.1 or later.
Ports HDMI(male),Micro SD slot, USB host*1,USB OTG*1, USB power port; LED(Blue)
Accessory HDMI cable, USB power adapter, USB connector adapter, manual

Last edited:

coaltar

Jan 12, 2013
You have som issues whit the wifi.
I cant use it bcse the wifi do not work

Sorry my englis :D

a_stefane

Feb 15, 2012
You have som issues whit the wifi.
I cant use it bcse the wifi do not work

Sorry my englis :D

You can try pulling out the antenna (black wire) ... It worked for me and now I have very good WiFI signal on my MK802iv ... be careful to not modify the mount on the end of black wire (yellow stuff and some kind of sticky shield)

... or you can use the ethernet connection via USB ethernet adapter ; I used it until I've done wifi antenna mod

before I did the wifi antenna mod, the device restarted every 2-3 seconds when wifi was on

Last edited:

bkdg100

Jan 21, 2012
can any other users chime in ? would love to hear about updating to 4.2 and if they have worked out the wifi bugs ? also is the antenna necessary ? if it worked with 4.1 why would it need a hardware mode with 4.2 to work ?

tanks,,

coaltar

Jan 12, 2013
I buy the ethernet usb port. Ill see wen aribed how it works.

Enviado desde mi Desire HD

neomode

Sep 14, 2012
All MK802IV since 07/2013 have a new WiFi Chipset.
It is the same like in the Tronsmart 908 it is the AP6120 Singelband WiFi Chip.

NEOMODE

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9305 mit Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Biticche

a_stefane

Feb 15, 2012
I wonder if this new chipset provide better wifi than older one with modded antena (pulled outside the RKM box)

neomode

Sep 14, 2012
I have tested it and yes the WiFi Signal is better. But now we need a new CRom for it.

Neomode

Send from Mobile :)

hgangadh

Jul 25, 2013
Not happy - returned

Mine came with Android 4.2. Had the Wifi issues. Worse was that the Netflix did not play properly due to DRM issues.The latest version played videos distorted... you can see only lines!

Some suggestions where to downgrade the Netflix. The previous version plays videos but it will get stuck every minute.

Hari

bamit99

Sep 24, 2009
Bangalore, India, India
Got mine few days back and loving it. Too bad I cannot try NetFlix since its not available in our area. No Wifi issues....It's strong and I can stream all the videos from my NMT to my Home Theater enabled using MK802 ;)

debashisde

May 6, 2009
Did anyone try to boot linux/ubuntu via the micro-sd card?

Another question: does it play mkv files?

aidymp

Sep 26, 2013
Sheffield
So is this device any good?

Hi everyone,

I am wondering if this device any good? or is the Amlogic 8726 MX a better option?

thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    All MK802IV since 07/2013 have a new WiFi Chipset.
    It is the same like in the Tronsmart 908 it is the AP6120 Singelband WiFi Chip.

NEOMODE

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9305 mit Tapatalk 2
    ive had versions of the mk's ever since the mk802. i currently have mk802 II and 2 mk808's. the wifi has been an issue from the very beginning. the problem is that most versions of these boards have a very nice little dipole antenna (looks to be apprx 3-5 dbi) but the antennas are crammed into the tiny case with no shielding, and it lays right up next to he other internal components. one very fast and easy fix is to do s one other person mentioned and take the antenna out of the case. you can easily remove the case then drill a small hole to feed the antenna through. this will instantly fix your signal strength, throughput and range.

or you can do what i did on a couple of mine, and de-solder the stock antenna and replace it with an rp-sma pigtail, drill a hole into the side of the case and mount it in the case, this way you can connect any antenna of your choice. if you dont have room inside the case for the backportion of the rpsma connection then yo ucould substitute another type of [pigtail connection such as mmcx or whatever you like.

https://app.box.com/s/mgde2dyfxpipmjh1p1aa -- netflix version 1.8.1 this will solve your netflix problems just install and dont ever update it