Case orientation re: charge while using

Search This thread

arcadiua

Nov 4, 2013
This is a major pain for me at work. I use this tablet constantly for note taking, sharing network maps, etc. The battery drains a lot during the day so I like to charge and use quite frequently. Sadly, no case that I have seen or used has the kickstand oriented so that the charging port is on top. This makes leaving it in the default kickstand orientation very clumsy for charging the tablet.

Right now I have the Moko slimline case and I love it, except for the above mentioned issue. From what I could tell watching a video review of the Book Cover case, the same issue applies. Has anyone seen or used a case that orients the charging port on the top when in kickstand mode?

Thanks

Enzymaticracer

Dec 19, 2010
Im using the poetic slimline case, and although it wont do it normally, I just flipped the tablet around in the case and stood it up. This way the charging port is on top.

No issues other than you can't access the stylus, so if you need that just take it out first. Also, obviously cant use the rear facing camera.

Hope that helps.

Sent From my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Ed.

Last edited:

arcadiua

Nov 4, 2013
Im using the poetic slimline case, and although it wont do it normally, I just flipped the tablet around in the case and stood it up. This way the charging port is on top.

No issues other than you can't access the stylus, so if you need that just take it out first. Also, obviously cant use the rear facing camera.

Hope that helps.

Sent From my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Ed.

Yeah, I tried that with my moko slim case, but when I flip the tablet around the settings button is covered by the case and rendered useless sadly. Otherwise it would have been a great solution as the other buttons that were covered are easy enough to operate through the material of the cover, just not the back or settings button.

kkretch

Jan 1, 2013
near Pittsburgh
This is a major pain for me at work. I use this tablet constantly for note taking, sharing network maps, etc. The battery drains a lot during the day so I like to charge and use quite frequently. Sadly, no case that I have seen or used has the kickstand oriented so that the charging port is on top. This makes leaving it in the default kickstand orientation very clumsy for charging the tablet.

Right now I have the Moko slimline case and I love it, except for the above mentioned issue. From what I could tell watching a video review of the Book Cover case, the same issue applies. Has anyone seen or used a case that orients the charging port on the top when in kickstand mode?

Thanks

What about a 360 Rotating Case Cover $10.53 and in 11 colors.

pozer69

Jun 8, 2010
What would be awesome is a 90 degree rapid charge cable

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

lecorbusier

Nov 28, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S5
LG G6
Tucano Youngster 10.1.
It's a universal case holding the tablet with rubber bands at the edges, which doesn't look much nice, but such is life.
The occasional app might need an app like"Rotation", which supports enforced autorotation. Then you still have the nav buttons on top, but you knew that. Fitting the tablet the wrong way allows to hold the case one-handed easily, stick the thumb thru the sling at the zipper and grab the right side of the case. This however works better with the 7" version of the case, which i also use.

Last edited:

Duly.noted

Dec 5, 2013

Thanks

You could order a Griffin Tablet stand that is what I use. You could get the real smart cover and turn it around in the case

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app