Motoactv

Search This thread

droidhackzor

Apr 28, 2011
Downers Grove
If you do update, I'd like to ask a favor lol. Images to build from. :) I'm still working with 4.55.78, I feel like I'm in the stone age.

Consider it done.

Just to be clear though... I update using the official update first, then use the root tool with the "unsecured" boot image posted Or do I need to remain on 55.78, root, then update (no official update).

Any help i can give back to the community here, gladly done;)

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using XDA

ClearD

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 10, 2009
Gallipolis
Consider it done.

Just to be clear though... I update using the official update first, then use the root tool with the "unsecured" boot image posted Or do I need to remain on 55.78, root, then update (no official update).

Any help i can give back to the community here, gladly done;)

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using XDA

Lol do you have google talk on a phone or pc by chance? I can guide you through it.

Use the official update first, to get to the highest update possible (might have to run more than once), then manually flash the boot image posted there, using fastboot (with the command "fastboot flash boot boot.img" without the quotes; I can guide you through that), then root with the "Root" button on the root tool (ignore flashing the boot image), then do a full backup with the root tool, and send the images :) I mainly only need the boot.img and system.img.

Reactions: droidhackzor

droidhackzor

Apr 28, 2011
Downers Grove
Lol do you have google talk on a phone or pc by chance? I can guide you through it.

Use the official update first, to get to the highest update possible (might have to run more than once), then manually flash the boot image posted there, using fastboot (with the command "fastboot flash boot boot.img" without the quotes; I can guide you through that), then root with the "Root" button on the root tool (ignore flashing the boot image), then do a full backup with the root tool, and send the images :) I mainly only need the boot.img and system.img.

PM sent :) now we're mov'n... why couldn't the big companies be as dedicated as the comunities, lol.

ClearD

Jan 10, 2009
Gallipolis
Droid,

We shall work on it tomorrow. :)

Elkay,

Yes, we will be creating custom roms cooked from the latest updates for everyone to flash. :)

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using XDA-funded carrier pigeons

kensikora

Jun 25, 2010
ClearD, you're a hero. I'm looking forward to that new ROM. I hear these new updates are easier on the battery, which would be a huge plus.

Also. Battery has been a major issue for me, and looking at my battery usage, it looks like the top two culprits are wifi and bluetooth. Which I expected, I suppose. The thing is, though, I don't actually use the bluetooth on it 99% of the time, and there doesn't seem to be a way to turn it off in the bluetooth menu.

Also, Sargist, you mention getting Google Music working. Does it just play local music, or is there a way to stream your cloud music?

speedyink

Sep 10, 2010
ClearD, you're a hero. I'm looking forward to that new ROM. I hear these new updates are easier on the battery, which would be a huge plus.

Also. Battery has been a major issue for me, and looking at my battery usage, it looks like the top two culprits are wifi and bluetooth. Which I expected, I suppose. The thing is, though, I don't actually use the bluetooth on it 99% of the time, and there doesn't seem to be a way to turn it off in the bluetooth menu.

Also, Sargist, you mention getting Google Music working. Does it just play local music, or is there a way to stream your cloud music?

There is a way to turn off bluetooth in the standard settings application under wireless - bluetooth.

Reactions: kensikora

ClearD

Jan 10, 2009
Gallipolis
Or just do what I did and put the power control widget on your launcher to give you toggles for all of it. :p

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using XDA-funded carrier pigeons

droidhackzor

Apr 28, 2011
Downers Grove
ClearD, before i flash/backup/upload

hey ClearD, i'm on Gtalk... anyway, before i flash and such, i noticed the numbers don't match up. the boot img states it's for 5.6.0 but the software version listed on the device reads "MA 1.6.0 N8" i'm guessing thats just the OS version, right, not the boot version?

PS. bootloader fastboot mode states version "03.13"

just felt i should make sure so i don't mess somethin up.

Last edited:
Reactions: ClearD

droidhackzor

Apr 28, 2011
Downers Grove
woot

yay! rooted 5.6.0 was a sinch with clearD's help and an S-Off boot img.

expect some 5.6.0 roms from ClearD in the near future. :)

---------- Post added at 11:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

i don't know about sargist, but google music works just fine for me playing local music, album art and all, however, i haven't found a way to set it up yet for cloud, my guess the login screen is bypassed so...idk.

ClearD

Jan 10, 2009
Gallipolis
My knowledge is limited. Utkanos and CEnnis91 are the ones that are getting everything flashable. :) Once they get a new base for 5.6.0 (assuming I don't get it too), you can expect me to modify it a lot lol. I have no problems decompiling apks to change things. :D

sargist

Mar 12, 2012

---------- Post added at 11:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

i don't know about sargist, but google music works just fine for me playing local music, album art and all, however, i haven't found a way to set it up yet for cloud, my guess the login screen is bypassed so...idk.

I haven't try the cloud music thing since I don't have any music in the cloud (how do I do that) but still, my problem is that sometimes the music don't work at all, not in the native player or in google music player, right now is working but it just for now...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

carthique

Sep 23, 2010

WoW! this is great news.. I guess this is the LATEST motoactv update, did you try any of the new activities? Also, can you please make sure the portal features are also working with the update.

droidhackzor

Apr 28, 2011
Downers Grove
WoW! this is great news.. I guess this is the LATEST motoactv update, did you try any of the new activities? Also, can you please make sure the portal features are also working with the update.

yep, latest update...MA 1.60 N8 5.6.0 we just need to help ClearD, Utkanos and CEnnis91 as much as we can to get it working properly. they have my stock 5.6.0 images so we're off to a good start.

ClearD

Jan 10, 2009
Gallipolis
I've got it close... it gets to the boot animation, but then loops there. Not yet sure of the cause.

Prack

Dec 6, 2010
Lino Lakes, MN
My Motoactv came last night. I won an Asus transformer prime and then got free suite level tickets to the hockey game last night lol. Good day for me.

My questions is should I update to the newest version when I get home today or should I wait until the new rom is out? I'm pretty sure it won't be updated as I ordered it from amazon before the 5.0 update was released.

Prack

Dec 6, 2010
Lino Lakes, MN
Scree Cover

Anyone rocking a screen cover for this thing? I doubt Zagg or anyone makes one but I'm tempted to buy a Zagg and cut it for the size of the device. I know it's scratch resistant but I would rather not risk it and just put a cover over it.

Let me know what you guys have tried... if anything at all.

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

I looked around for a while and I did find that skinomi makes a screen and backplate cover. I've never used skinomi only zagg but I think I'll order one and let everyone know how it goes if you have tried them already.

ClearD

Jan 10, 2009
Gallipolis
My Motoactv came last night. I won an Asus transformer prime and then got free suite level tickets to the hockey game last night lol. Good day for me.

My questions is should I update to the newest version when I get home today or should I wait until the new rom is out? I'm pretty sure it won't be updated as I ordered it from amazon before the 5.0 update was released.

Update all the way. You can root by flashing the insecure 5.6.0 boot.img, then running the "root" button in the root tool. :)

Anyone rocking a screen cover for this thing? I doubt Zagg or anyone makes one but I'm tempted to buy a Zagg and cut it for the size of the device. I know it's scratch resistant but I would rather not risk it and just put a cover over it.

Let me know what you guys have tried... if anything at all.

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

I looked around for a while and I did find that skinomi makes a screen and backplate cover. I've never used skinomi only zagg but I think I'll order one and let everyone know how it goes if you have tried them already.

I cut a zagg; It wasn't hard and looks/works great. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CWMR ported

Hello,

I have ported CWMR 5.0.2.7 to the Motoactv (F100) device.

actvcmwr.png

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

The procedure for this is as follows. You MUST have working adb knowledge to use this and you must be able to restore using the available tool should any problems arise. This is considered an ALPHA release that may need additional work. I did not have access to the device during the port so all testing was done through TheEndGame7. THERE MAY BE ISSUES, you are warned.

1) Download this file: CWMR5x_F100_recoveryA.img
    2) adb push CWMR5x_F100_recoveryA.img /data/local/
    3) adb shell (become root)
    4) dd if=/data/local/CWMR5x_F100_recoveryA.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk1p13
    5) exit adb from the device
    6) adb reboot recovery (you should be in CWMR now)

The source for the device config is here. Please feel free to go wild with development on this because I do not have the device and likely won't be contributing much more except bug fixes. If you use this source, please give credit where it's due.

NOTE: there are missing images(known). This is because the ramdisk is EXTREMELY finicky on this device and it WILL NOT BOOT past 3.66mb in size. I trimmed out things that weren't needed in order to make this work. The basic functionality you need should be there. adb is also not functioning properly yet within recovery.

ramdisk config:
    https://github.com/utkanos/android_motorola_F100_initrd

device config:
    https://github.com/utkanos/android_device_motorola_F100

credits:
    koush for cwmr.
    TheEndGame7 for being my testing guinea pig.
    hashcode for some helpful insight.
    MotoACTV Easy Modder v0.1

Post removed, see below.
    Well, it was a *****, but here is build 2, moving to Beta at this point in 'Moto red' by request of TEG.

ayu6vRFV

There is 1 lingering issue: usb support in recovery. It is a bastard, going to really have to tear this thing apart to debug why. Right now, recovery can backup, restore, wipe, flash roms, etc. All the stuff you're used to working, now does. I fixed images by shrinking the kernel to fit more stuff in here. You should no longer get any weird image errors. I bumped you up to 5.0.2.8 source as well.

Flash this file the same as before via adb and dd.
    CWMR5x_F100_recoveryB.img

adb push CWMR5x_F100_recoveryB.img /data/local/
    adb shell
    # dd if=/data/local/CWMR5x_F100_recoveryB.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk1p13
    # exit
    adb reboot recovery

Some additional notes I'd like to share that might help you as you mess with this device now that I've played with one.

1) NEVER use adb reboot bootloader for any reason. You get stuck in a ****tily programmed loop of hell. The way out of this loop is by following these instructions:

a) hold START, POWER, VOL UP, VOL DOWN together for 10 seconds at least. You should see the screen flicker on and off twice.
    b) plug in the USB cable to turn device on
    c) you should boot back to rom, if not, do it again. It's touchy.

2) The 'soft' reset is done by START + POWER for 5 seconds.

Enjoy. Source is updated. This will likely be the last update unless I get adb working.

Credits: koush for cwmr
    TheEndGame7 for providing a device
    ClearD for files
    Attached is the latest copy of my MotoACTV Easy Modder v1.0. This is a MAJOR upgrade! Adds numerous features and completely revises how backups are stored on the computer. Need to use 7zip to extract it, wouldn't let me upload that big of a .zip file.

To make this version see your old backups, open your IMGs folder, make a new folder (no spaces), drag all your old .img files into it.

ChangeLog:
    v1.0 Updated 1/16/12
    - Redesigned GUI
    - Integrated SuperOneClick (Very basic at the moment)
    - Backup (Boot, Recovery, System, Cache, Userdata, All)
    - Restore (Boot, Recovery, System, Cache, Userdata, All)
    - Added more Button Remaps (21 configurations)
    - Run Custom ADB commands
    - Run Custom Fastboot commands

v0.8 Updated 1/12/12
    - Fixed a few errors
    - Made ADB pause until a device is detected before continuing
    - New method of button remapping (DELETE "Keypads" folder from previous version)
    - Cleaned code

v0.6 Updated 01/09/12
    - Backup
    - Now supports multiple images
    - Restore / Flash
    - Flash Custom Boot.img
    - Implemented Userdata Restore
    - Implemented System and Userdata Restore
    - Mods
    - Install Custom APKs
    - Tools
    - Remount filesystem as Read/Write
    - Modified "Clean '/system/app'"

v0.1 Initial Release
    - Backup (System.img and Userdata.img)
    - Restore (System.img and Userdata.img)
    - Remap Buttons (7 different configurations)
    - Install Launcher (Honeycomb and Zeam)
    - Replace Stock PackageInstaller.apk with one from CyanogenMod
    - Remove MotoCRAP (Strip '/system/app')
    - Restart MotoACTV
    - Stop ADB (Enables MotoSync and Mass Storage)

Future Plans:
    - Market Installer
    - Port scripts to *nix and Mac

Screenshots:
    http://xdaforums.com/album.php?albumid=5789

Download:
    Newer version posted later in thread. Page 55.
    Working on an All-in-One batch file with an easy to use menu to try and make the alleviate some problems people are having so that the IRC can be used more for development progress and creative ideas rather than support.

Features:
    - Backup (system.img and userdata.img)
    - Restore (system.img and userdata.img)
    - Install Launcher (Honeycomb and Zeam)
    - Replace PackageInstaller.apk
    - Remap Buttons (7 configurations)
    - Restart
    - Stop ADB (Enables MotoSync and Mass Storage)

Attached are a few screenshots. Let me know if there is anything else I should include.