Sh25 & ht25

Search This thread

fcng

Oct 24, 2010
The 25's are...

Hi,

got two HOX in front of me. One HT24 and one SH25.
I can tell you, that at least that two devices have no issues and no differences.

Apart from this, I can tell you a bit about working on quality failures in china:
I'm working for an good known german automobile manufacturer.
We've got a location in China, too. There's no comparison for how different the handling of qualitymanagement is.
In Germany, you face an issue on a product. Talk about it, solve it and the problem doesn't appear on the next day.
In China, you have to talk about the problem 50 times. Explain it to the whole factory. Have another 50 meetings to check if everyone agrees. Then, just when you think you got it, you check the product onces again and have to see, that the problem still appears.
So you start from the beginning.
You can be sure, that issues can be there for weeks... aaah... months!

Lubihn,

The 25's are starting to get it right. If more new HOX owners post on this thread with new 25's then it is a good sign that HTC is improving on QC. Practice makes good but not perfect.... :D Keep it up HTC. :p

fcng

Oct 24, 2010
Taiwan or China?

alright but thats china bro, the weird thing is HTC was Taiwanese builder before ever being a brand, they came to be as device builders for every brand during WinMO days

and since the days of the Diamond they made a reputations on build quality

you saw their high tech factories in the Nexus One making off videos and went :eek:

I show off every time my two friends who bought my HD2 and Desire HD come to tell me how their device flew in the air landed on concrete floor and flipped endlessly and yet came out with minimal scratshes (not to count the amount of times those same two phones hit the floor with me)

it's preplexing whats happening with the One X the amounts of random defects is so much that really the chance of getting a defect-less unit is actually not as high as you might think

believe me i'm yet to put two One Xs next to each other and match, difference in screen qualities despite being the same panel id, mainly because of so much variation in the purity of the screen glue and the side-lights

and whats worse most complaints are coming from the HT batches ie: Taiwan

Mine is SH248 built in 8April, i have a perfectly fit screen, no matter how many times the phone overheated the screen is still rock solid rigid and yet Matt_SWE's SH24X is built in 29April and came with the same old dreaded problem, screen being loose out of box...crazy

hamdir,

It use to be Taiwan had better quality with their electronics. Now, China is climbing and in my opinion has surpassed Taiwan in quality for electronics. My Desire was Made in China and it has been flawless these past two years. No build issues but normal wear and tear. Yes, the QC is spotty as witnessed by the SH248 and the SH24X as you stated. But should we expect a higher rate of "a better built HOX" from China than Taiwan?

fcng

Oct 24, 2010
25 and later..

I was thinking to get this phone in Malaysia..but since i saw a lot forumer complain about the defects of this phone..still thinking when is the best time to get this phone in Malaysia..=(

wadelucy,

There is no best time to get the HOX as we had witnessed you can get a flawless handset or a rotten apple from the same batch. On the other hand, the minimal SH/HT25 models that the new HOX owners had posted here are quite promising so its your call....;)

devvfata1ity

Mar 1, 2011
Gurgaon
..7, 8, 9, A, B, C..

April 10th

chee..thanks for the quick reply mate. :)

any idea whether i have hit the jackpot this time or not?

my previous hox was HT23FW so i gues it was march 15 by ur calculations. It was perfect in every sense, dint have any of the defects/issues but had the backlight bleeding around the lower left corner of the frame.

hamdir

Recognized Contributor
Aug 13, 2008
Canada
twitter.com
HTC U12+
Samsung Galaxy S21
chee..thanks for the quick reply mate. :)

any idea whether i have hit the jackpot this time or not?

my previous hox was HT23FW so i gues it was march 15 by ur calculations. It was perfect in every sense, dint have any of the defects/issues but had the backlight bleeding around the lower left corner of the frame.

your crazy i would keep the first one you had

xchasa

Dec 29, 2010
HT24TW white.
Perfect phone so far. Australia.

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

hamdir

Recognized Contributor
Aug 13, 2008
Canada
twitter.com
HTC U12+
Samsung Galaxy S21
he he i admit i have a bit of OCD....
but honestly this new hox has the better screen. whites are pure milky whites :)

the yellow screen is a lot better

the white does not have an pure 310dpi, the yellow is more sharp in pixel

why? because the Acer white one uses a less dense pixel grid

also better blacks/contrast

dont mean to ruin your party ;)

jonstatt

Mar 17, 2008
the yellow screen is a lot better

the white does not have an pure 310dpi, the yellow is more sharp in pixel

why? because the Acer white one uses a less dense pixel grid

also better blacks/contrast

dont mean to ruin your party ;)

I know you said that based on your experience, but I am jealous of my friend's HOX which has the white one. The sharpness is really pretty much identical, but his black level and contrast is better than mine. Unless its like the variances in the HOXs themselves...and Acer has more than one variant of screen which would still come under the same vendor label.

hamdir

Recognized Contributor
Aug 13, 2008
Canada
twitter.com
HTC U12+
Samsung Galaxy S21
I know you said that based on your experience, but I am jealous of my friend's HOX which has the white one. The sharpness is really pretty much identical, but his black level and contrast is better than mine. Unless its like the variances in the HOXs themselves...and Acer has more than one variant of screen which would still come under the same vendor label.

ok never-mind the contrast it can vary due to many reasons including the purity of the glue

but to help you stop being jealous

check the icons really close any icon with solid color you will see a sort of scan-lines pixel grid inside the solid color area, display tester go to color test and check the banding, the acer one has some banding at the top

just look into any solid area up-close and you will see the grid, if you have glasses and take them off its much more clear

the same sort of pseudo perceived density that pentile amoled screens causes, from distance or with if you have your glasses on the grid disappears due to being too small and hence you preceive it as the same sharpness

in comparison iphone 4 screen and the sharp screen on the One X has no pixel grid whats so ever, the solid areas are perfectly clean

jonstatt

Mar 17, 2008
ok never-mind the contrast it can vary due to many reasons including the purity of the glue

but to help you stop being jealous

check the icons really close any icon with solid color you will see a sort of scan-lines pixel grid inside the solid color area, display tester go to color test and check the banding, the acer one has some banding at the top

just look into any solid area up-close and you will see the grid, if you have glasses and take them off its much more clear

the same sort of pseudo perceived density that pentile amoled screens causes, from distance or with if you have your glasses on the grid disappears due to being too small and hence you preceive it as the same sharpness

in comparison iphone 4 screen and the sharp screen on the One X has no pixel grid whats so ever, the solid areas are perfectly clean

I had looked for that when I saw it previously but even if I stuck the phone near my nose I couldn't see it as you had suggested. No banding visible using those display testers either. His also goes a LOT brighter on max than mine which I guess would help in sunlight. I do have good eyesight, but I just cannot see the grid issue. I could see it easily on phones like the Morotola Atrix. Saturation on his is a bit high though. When you go the app drawer, the green icon at the bottom is literally luminous on his.

Last edited:

hamdir

Recognized Contributor
Aug 13, 2008
Canada
twitter.com
HTC U12+
Samsung Galaxy S21
I had looked for that when I saw it previously but even if I stuck the phone near my nose I couldn't see it as you had suggested. No banding visible using those display testers either. His also goes a LOT brighter on max than mine which I guess would help in sunlight. I do have good eyesight, but I just cannot see the grid issue. I could see it easily on phones like the Morotola Atrix. Saturation on his is a bit high though. When you go the app drawer, the green icon at the bottom is literally luminous on his.

the acer screen is a lot brighter and the white is insane, its almost boring how everything is balanced well lol

the grid is there but its no where near as bad as the pentile of course, at angles you can see the grid easier

anyway its just nit picking, im only saying there are advantages to the yellow screen the deep black and this grid thing, gives it a little amoled feel to its sharpness and a cleaner overall

the acer screen is less saturated than the sharp tho? maybe ur friend has a third vendor? :D

jonstatt

Mar 17, 2008
the acer screen is a lot brighter and the white is insane, its almost boring how everything is balanced well lol

the grid is there but its no where near as bad as the pentile of course, at angles you can see the grid easier

anyway its just nit picking, im only saying there are advantages to the yellow screen the deep black and this grid thing, gives it a little amoled feel to its sharpness and a cleaner overall

the acer screen is less saturated than the sharp tho? maybe ur friend has a third vendor? :D

His blacks are deeper, but as you pointed out, there is huge variance between screens anyway. As for the saturation, I find it hard to understand how it varies. We know for sure its the Acer one, because we pulled out the panel_id from the logs. My suspicion is not a third vendor, but that Acer have more than one panel they are providing to HTC....naughty, but possible. At angles the screen does "fizzle" a bit more than the Sharp one...perhaps thats what you mean by visible grid. Head-on though, I cannot see it at all. Also, interestingly things like icons seem nearer to the surface on his...almost like someone printed a sticker and stuck it to the underside of the glass. I don't think the Acer one is inferior from the one I saw...just different....and certainly not just more white..but more uniform as well.

hamdir

Recognized Contributor
Aug 13, 2008
Canada
twitter.com
HTC U12+
Samsung Galaxy S21
His blacks are deeper, but as you pointed out, there is huge variance between screens anyway. As for the saturation, I find it hard to understand how it varies. We know for sure its the Acer one, because we pulled out the panel_id from the logs. My suspicion is not a third vendor, but that Acer have more than one panel they are providing to HTC....naughty, but possible. At angles the screen does "fizzle" a bit more than the Sharp one...perhaps thats what you mean by visible grid. Head-on though, I cannot see it at all. Also, interestingly things like icons seem nearer to the surface on his...almost like someone printed a sticker and stuck it to the underside of the glass. I don't think the Acer one is inferior from the one I saw...just different....and certainly not just more white..but more uniform as well.

yup thats exactly what i am talking about the fizzile is no where near as bad as pentile but its there since i use glasses without my glasses i can see it more, head on with my glasses it disappears

i think we have one Acer and than the lamination gets in, me n my cousin have the same exact screen but colors r bit different on his also his has cleaner glue when viewed at an angle and so his view angles are cleaner, he also has the backlight spots at the bottom which i heard they r in there to assist view angles (i dont have those on the bottom but i have them on top and left/right)

the cleaner glue and view angles plus his white phone gives the illusion that its floating/closer to the surface but i checked n i checked its not really, its just that his screen is popping out more in your eye

uniformity has to do with lamination and not the panel vendor

lol HTC will drive us crazy with these variations :D

im so curious about the sharp screen now, sadly i don't have anyone around to compare, i only experienced it with my first HOX and i keep remembering it was a lot sharper

Last edited:
Reactions: fcng

devvfata1ity

Mar 1, 2011
Gurgaon
well my replacement one x turned out to be a bummer.
here what the issues with it are:
1. two deal pixels
2. two bright pixels
3. two patches on the screen (visible on black, grey backgrounds)
4. gap between screen and metal rim
5. Horrible screen ripple and flex

Its HT24 batch. I am taking this one to the service center and will claim a replacement.

fcng

Oct 24, 2010
How do we know its Acer or Sharp panel?

yup thats exactly what i am talking about the fizzile is no where near as bad as pentile but its there since i use glasses without my glasses i can see it more, head on with my glasses it disappears

i think we have one Acer and than the lamination gets in, me n my cousin have the same exact screen but colors r bit different on his also his has cleaner glue when viewed at an angle and so his view angles are cleaner, he also has the backlight spots at the bottom which i heard they r in there to assist view angles (i dont have those on the bottom but i have them on top and left/right)

the cleaner glue and view angles plus his white phone gives the illusion that its floating/closer to the surface but i checked n i checked its not really, its just that his screen is popping out more in your eye

uniformity has to do with lamination and not the panel vendor

lol HTC will drive us crazy with these variations :D

im so curious about the sharp screen now, sadly i don't have anyone around to compare, i only experienced it with my first HOX and i keep remembering it was a lot sharper

hamdir,

How do we know what panel the HOX is using when we buy the device in-store? Is there a code on the box?

Thanks.

jonshipman

Jun 8, 2010
Moto Z3 Play
My HT23YW has been rock solid. Though it looks like it could have been of the last 23 bunch with the late alphas.

EDIT: Just wanted to update; after the 1.29.401.11 RUU update I'm starting to see a yellowing above the home button that appears when the device gets significantly hot. Contacted Expansys via email and asked if this is falls under replacement/RMA.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

Here's some news for you, whether you be interested or not!

HTC are changing their Serial Number format from the classic HT[year][week] to something a bit more... exact.

The new format will read similar to HT[year][month][day]. I presume that they wish to be this precise for warranty purposes.

The month format shall be between 1 - 12, but the day format will take a slightly different shape.

Days will go from 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, J, K, L, M, N, P, R, S, T, V, W, X, Y, Z. Day Z represents day 31.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=472891

Examples:
    HT23J, Hsinchu, Taiwan, March 18
    HT23N, Hsinchu, Taiwan, March 22
    HT23W, Hsinchu, Taiwan, Mach 28
    SH248, Shanghai, China, April 8
    HT242, Hsinchu, Taiwan, April 2
    HT243, Hsinchu, Taiwan, April 3

One X, Build quality and serial codes are discussed here by the way

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1601535
    Hi,

got two HOX in front of me. One HT24 and one SH25.
    I can tell you, that at least that two devices have no issues and no differences.

Apart from this, I can tell you a bit about working on quality failures in china:
    I'm working for an good known german automobile manufacturer.
    We've got a location in China, too. There's no comparison for how different the handling of qualitymanagement is.
    In Germany, you face an issue on a product. Talk about it, solve it and the problem doesn't appear on the next day.
    In China, you have to talk about the problem 50 times. Explain it to the whole factory. Have another 50 meetings to check if everyone agrees. Then, just when you think you got it, you check the product onces again and have to see, that the problem still appears.
    So you start from the beginning.
    You can be sure, that issues can be there for weeks... aaah... months!
    Ah! excellent so the numbers reflects the actual build date HTC Serial Numbers decoded

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=472891

Hi all,

Here's some news for you, whether you be interested or not!

HTC are changing their Serial Number format from the classic HT[year][week] to something a bit more... exact.

The new format will read similar to HT[year][month][day]. I presume that they wish to be this precise for warranty purposes.

The month format shall be between 1 - 12, but the day format will take a slightly different shape.

Days will go from 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, J, K, L, M, N, P, R, S, T, V, W, X, Y, Z. Day Z represents day 31.1

Code:
    HTYMDAABBBBB

HT = Vendor HTC
    Y = Year (9 = 2009)
    M = Month (hex 1...C = 1 - 12 months)
    D = Day (hex 1...9A..Z = 1 - 31 days)
    YY = Part Code
    ZZZZZ : Identification Number (decimal)

HT23H= Hsinchu, Taiwan, 2012, March 17

HT23J= Hsinchu, Taiwan, 2012, March 18

SH23M= Shanghai, China, 2012, March 21

HT23P= Hsinchu, Taiwan, 2012, March 23

HT23N= Hsinchu, Taiwan, 2012, March 22

HT23W= Hsinchu, Taiwan, 2012, March 28

HT242 = Hsinchu, Taiwan, 2012, April 1

HT242 = Hsinchu, Taiwan, 2012, April 2

HT243 = Hsinchu, Taiwan, 2012, April 3

SH248 = Shanghai, China, 2012, April 8

wait wait so the entire HT242 and HT243 we've been discussing to hell is just two days worth of production???? :eek:

just one broken robot, or bad glue material on those two days could have caused so much damage :eek: :eek: :eek:
    Good answer...maybe you should be in charge of QC at HTC and see if things will be better...

Well it wouldn't be hard judging by the quality of these. Shocking a phone costing this kind of money can get out of a factory without being individually tested for faults.
    my friend just called me from retail he said he is unboxing a new batch of white One X

Sh24D and he is amazed by their quality, he said zero flaws to the screen and no grain under the screen, not even ripple

SH24D= Shanghai, China, 2012, April 13