how to install genymotion on surface 2???

Search This thread

coluichepensa

Sep 28, 2011
Good morning,
I just got a new surface 2 and I would like to instal the genymotion emulator on it?
How can do it??

Many thanks for your help

foxmeister

Mar 10, 2008
Ealing
Not that there are any outside the Windows Store

Apart from those Windows apps that have been recompiled for ARM and run on a jailbroken Surface!

Granted there aren't very many, and they will almost all be open source desktop applications, but they do exist.

If MS opened up the Surface so that desktop apps could be installed, you would likely see many more. For example, Google would port Chrome to RT if they could.

Regards,

Dave

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

GoodDayToDie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
There are dozens of ported applications (see the link in my signature) with more coming slowly but steadily. There are also lots of pure .NET applications, which work fine on RT once it has been jailbroken. In addition, there are a few custom-written applications for RT, the most important of which is probably @mamaich's x86 dynamic recompilation compatibility layer (sort of like Rosetta for old Macs) that allows running some (old and/or now-demand) x86 programs on RT without modification. Work on it appears to have largely stalled (although the current version is still available, and does work for some programs on RT 8.0) while the jailbreak for RT 8.1 is in development, but I'm confident it will pick up again.

coluichepensa

Sep 28, 2011
There are dozens of ported applications (see the link in my signature) with more coming slowly but steadily. There are also lots of pure .NET applications, which work fine on RT once it has been jailbroken. In addition, there are a few custom-written applications for RT, the most important of which is probably @mamaich's x86 dynamic recompilation compatibility layer (sort of like Rosetta for old Macs) that allows running some (old and/or now-demand) x86 programs on RT without modification. Work on it appears to have largely stalled (although the current version is still available, and does work for some programs on RT 8.0) while the jailbreak for RT 8.1 is in development, but I'm confident it will pick up again.

great job but I have still wait for the jailbreak, have i?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    can you suggest me an alternative?
    The windows store is poor of applications and I find the tablet almost unsefull.

There isn't an alternative either.

As far as I'm aware, until there is a jailbreak for Windows RT 8.1, there is no way to install applications outside of those on the Windows Store.

Regards,

Dave