[USER] Which ROM for stable daily use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

magicphone

Mar 20, 2013
xdaforums.com
I just got a Defy+ as a gift and upgrade. It came rooted.

I see the overwhelming choice of custom ROMs offered here and got confused.

I wanted to try Firefox OS for one but it was long updated (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1865120&page=17)

So, which to choose from the many Androids? I don't have any special requirements but stability and be it well supported (by the wonderful XDA community).

In the forum of my previous phone (Galaxy Mini) there were 2 threads for a specified custom ROM: one for the developers and one for the users. This designation would be helpful here, too.

Are there distinctive 'stable' releases as well or am I supposed to pick the latest nightly and hope it is more stable than previous day's?

vvk30

Oct 11, 2012
Belgaum

I wanted to try Firefox OS for one but it was long updated (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1865120&page=17)

So, which to choose from the many Androids? I don't have any special requirements but stability and be it well supported (by the wonderful XDA community).

In the forum of my previous phone (Galaxy Mini) there were 2 threads for a specified custom ROM: one for the developers and one for the users. This designation would be helpful here, too.

Are there distinctive 'stable' releases as well or am I supposed to pick the latest nightly and hope it is more stable than previous day's?

U might wanna try Omni or Slimkat for stability , but cm11 is pretty stable too with minor bugs !!

Sent from my MB526 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: magicphone

wedgess

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 23, 2012
Dublin, Ireland
www.pac-rom.com
We do not allow best/most stable ROM/Kernel threads on XDA. The reason is everybody has their own opinion, each user has different usage and different needs for their device plus developers do not like seeing their work compared to others.

As for your question about nightlies.. They are the builds which run everyday with the latest patches that have been merged into the repositories. They can contain bugs which are usually fixed the day or few days after that is why there usually always is stable builds every once in awhile.

Edit (after your last post) - and if your looking for CM11 its here

Thread closed

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    We do not allow best/most stable ROM/Kernel threads on XDA. The reason is everybody has their own opinion, each user has different usage and different needs for their device plus developers do not like seeing their work compared to others.

As for your question about nightlies.. They are the builds which run everyday with the latest patches that have been merged into the repositories. They can contain bugs which are usually fixed the day or few days after that is why there usually always is stable builds every once in awhile.

Edit (after your last post) - and if your looking for CM11 its here

Thread closed

U might wanna try Omni or Slimkat for stability , but cm11 is pretty stable too with minor bugs !!

Sent from my MB526 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app