[Q] Native Linux on Galaxy Tab 3?

Search This thread

ineb2k

May 9, 2014
hello,
since i got a galaxy tab 3 i am wondering, if it is possible to run native linux on it.
i searched the web but couldnt found someone, who did it.

my question is, if it could be done and what steps are required to do so.

i appreciate any help

M

moonbutt74

right ?

hello,
since i got a galaxy tab 3 i am wondering, if it is possible to run native linux on it.
i searched the web but couldnt found someone, who did it.

my question is, if it could be done and what steps are required to do so.

i appreciate any help

i would say it has to be possible, trying to find an answer that's useful, insightful, and adventurous nature is the hang-up.
i think it's completely possible to tinker with the kernel and get it to talk to i guess the word is process? that acts grub-ish
in nature and do like a pc to boot a nested system like dyne-bolic or run sort of a rip linux, partition magic, livecd
kind of thing but there doesn't seem to be any interest. i don't think these devices are just cheesey gadgets
for all the things you can do with them, and i don't think android should be the lock and key.
i'm thinking that all of the user storage could be kicked to the extSdCard, the android / could be resized a little bigger to allow
it to expand as it will, then get rid of the fuse emulation thing, then take the balance of that internal storage and set it up
like a bootable usb [going back to the grub idea] i know drivers/firmware on an arm setup are difficult, i don't doubt the devs
but on a tab with an x86 processor where if i'm correct most of the armishness of android is emulated and otg is good to go
i can't see how it can't be done, of course the ui would blow without a mouse or keyboard but that should be workable as well
oh yeah and drivers are wrap-able right?
anyway :confused: