[Q] Kernel for galaxy y gt-s5360

Search This thread

niket09011994

Aug 18, 2012
Los Angeles
I have been using galaxy y for 3 years and have been running custom roms and kernels. What i hv noticed so far in the kernels i hv tried for stock roms(Kuro, black reactor, percy's GNU) they all have random reboots once a day atleast.

So pls can anyone suggest a kernel available in our forum having following features and minimal/zero random reboots.

1) Droidwall
2) Link2sd
3) Deep sleep
4) Smartassv2 governor

When i was using miui v3 based on Cm7 RC4, at dat tym d kernel i was using was Cm v4 by broadcomCM team and that was a perfect kernel fr my needs but nw i am using a non-CM rom and i am afraid that CM kernels dont work with stock based roms.

Anyone having knowlegde abt any such kernel pls help me out in this.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using xda app-developers app

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
Best kernels/rom threads are not allowed on xda

They all have them features or you can read the features on the op

Find what works best for you

niket09011994

Aug 18, 2012
Los Angeles
I didnt ask fr best kernel if u read the thread properly. Ya i knw that kernel threads list the features but dnt mention whether there are random reboot problems or not. Thats why i created this thread to knw d experience of other users whether they use any kernel which doesnt have random reboot problems.

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
I didnt ask fr best kernel if u read the thread properly. Ya i knw that kernel threads list the features but dnt mention whether there are random reboot problems or not. Thats why i created this thread to knw d experience of other users whether they use any kernel which doesnt have random reboot problems.

There are so many variables it will be impossible to tell - anything can cause a bootloop and it may not be related to kernel at all or it maybe because you are a script that conflicts with something else

Asking for bug free kernels or bug free roms is also against the rules the same as best threads

The only way to find out what works best for you with all your settings and the way you run things and use your phone is to test things out yourself

If you get a bootloop logcat it - its the only way to find out what caused it and how to solve it

Reactions: niket09011994

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

There are so many variables it will be impossible to tell - anything can cause a bootloop and it may not be related to kernel at all or it maybe because you are a script that conflicts with something else

Asking for bug free kernels or bug free roms is also against the rules the same as best threads

The only way to find out what works best for you with all your settings and the way you run things and use your phone is to test things out yourself

If you get a bootloop logcat it - its the only way to find out what caused it and how to solve it