[ROM] (Unofficial) [4.4.2] SlimKat Weekly 3.1 [Jewel] W/ New partitions

Search This thread

niteNarmor

Nov 24, 2012
Jacksonville
I think I missed something.. I grabbed the newest build from ocarinaz64's signature.

I updated my firmware to 4.13.651.4 and Hboot 2.10 and the latest twrp from captain throwback's signature,
radio is 1.13.11.1105.
and followed the directions carefully, but i keep getting error executing updater binary message in twrp when i try to flash this.

any advice? suggestions?

edit: I fixed it, using @ocarinaz64's post #258 (i think) installing goblinz's zip then wiping then installing his ROM.

If getting "Error: Executing updater binary" in TWRP, then most likely your TWRP version needs to updated. In case you didn't know, the latest is 2.7.1.0.

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

I gave it a shot and I like the look of this ROM and it feels fast, but I couldn't get Bluetooth to turn on.

If you can't get Bluetooth to turn on (got the idea from another device I had) try turning off all signals. Not airplane mode, use the switch to turn off. Then reboot device. Turn everything back on. Worked on another device I use to have and build. May or may not work here.

Last edited:
Reactions: ocarinaz64

ocarinaz64

Jul 1, 2013
Crete, IL
New build posted in case you didn't notice. I had been on vacation.

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

If getting "Error: Executing updater binary" in TWRP, then most likely your TWRP version needs to updated. In case you didn't know, the latest is 2.7.1.0.

I know that isn't the problem. I have the latest myself, and there is something in there that just isn't working like it should. It takes a better mind than mine to sort it out properly. That's why I posted the workaround.

ocarinaz64

Jul 1, 2013
Crete, IL
I just did a full re-compile of SlimKat 6.6 with Linaro toolchain. It's smooth, sleek, and fast. It had been a while since I did a clean flash on my phone, and I can certainly tell a difference. But I'm not sure if it's due to the clean wipe or the new toolchain. I also noticed that the initial startup assistant is working properly again. I hadn't seen it in a while, but that might have been due to something on my end. If you like, you may wait until tomorrow for a newer update. Usually SlimKat does their weekly updates on Mondays, and I'll push out another ROM with the same optimizations.

EDIT - I did post the new update, SlimKat Weekly 6.8, give it a look.

Last edited:

ocarinaz64

Jul 1, 2013
Crete, IL
good weekly michael. . but in the latest build(aug19) i'm getting error of gps. . it was turn on but cannot give me location. . ca n u test it?

That's the build I'm using. I haven't had problems. So I'm not even sure where to start on figuring it out for you. Maybe just try your luck again on Monday or Tuesday when the next weekly comes.

ocarinaz64

Jul 1, 2013
Crete, IL
Sometimes in between flashing it is good to install the stock sense build and verify the gps there. Then go right back to the nandroid of what you were using. Many times that fixes it.

good weekly michael. . but in the latest build(aug19) i'm getting error of gps. . it was turn on but cannot give me location. . ca n u test it?

I found a thread on the Jewel GPS, but it's really just confirming what NaterTots said... I did post a newer build, too.

Reactions: NaterTots

pepe.tan

Jan 2, 2012
surabaya
@NaterTots : well. . my gps worked perfectly in slimkat 4.9(by goblinz). . n now i'm in vipers rom n i can confirm that my gps is running fine too
@ocarinaz 64 : i have tested aug 26 's build n my gps was same as like what i said before. . :( i will try to clean flash n makes sure about that. . thx

ocarinaz64

Jul 1, 2013
Crete, IL
I just posted a brand new 8.0 stable build earlier today. I haven't had the chance to test it yet, but it should be golden. I've been using AOKP for a while now.

Reactions: Mr.BungIe

ocarinaz64

Jul 1, 2013
Crete, IL
I posted a new build. I had tried to get -O3 flags working, but failed. So I rebuilt the entire tree again. This time I did test it, and everything works except for that same old snag on the install process. It's not a big deal, but annoying. This build is SlimKat 8.2 Weekly.

taller238

Oct 19, 2009
Hi,

I flashed the lastest version, but found the bluetooth keyboard cannot work.

The syptoms are, either the phone cannot detect the bluetooth keyboard,
or cannot respond to keyboard event even if it had been paired after entering some codes.

The latter senario is really strange. Sure I tested the bluetooth keyboard on other devices, and ensured it's working.

I'll appreciate if anyone can help.

Thanks.

numel007

Apr 22, 2011
Hi,

I flashed the lastest version, but found the bluetooth keyboard cannot work.

The syptoms are, either the phone cannot detect the bluetooth keyboard,
or cannot respond to keyboard event even if it had been paired after entering some codes.

The latter senario is really strange. Sure I tested the bluetooth keyboard on other devices, and ensured it's working.

I'll appreciate if anyone can help.

Thanks.

Flash a different rom, preferably Sense to test your phone and make sure there wasn't some obscure hardware failure. If everything checks out there, it's the rom's fault. New build may have broken BT keyboard.

taller238

Oct 19, 2009
update: I found similar complaining of the BT keyboard issue.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2735290
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2530245&page=2
In fact I changed to other roms like liquidsmooth 3.2 (4.4.4), which has the same problem.
So I shall say it's more related to the underlying 4.4.X, instead of a specific rom on top of it.
But I'm still interested to learn any solution to this, if anyone can confirm the same problem.

Thanks.

I knew my phone was working well with BT keyboard before.
So I'm pretty sure it's due to the ROM.
I must add that
A. This rom is only not working on BT KEYBOARD, but working well with BT HEADPHONE;
B. This rom can pair to the BT KEYBOARD, but cannot response to any key strokes, like the BT KEYBOARD not existing.

I look forward anyone here can correct me by a simple repeating.
I tried two of PS3 mediaboard BT keyboards, and one ipad BT keyboard, both with the same strange symtom. And sure on unlocked Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE with this ROM in OP.

I wish it's my problem, at least no need to bother the gurus here :)

Thanks in advance to any possible helps. But first, just bother urself by trying one muinute to connect your BT keyboard, b/c I've been doubting myself for such a simple fact for a while.

Flash a different rom, preferably Sense to test your phone and make sure there wasn't some obscure hardware failure. If everything checks out there, it's the rom's fault. New build may have broken BT keyboard.

Last edited:
Reactions: ocarinaz64

ocarinaz64

Jul 1, 2013
Crete, IL
I got another build posted. I did notice that in the repo sync a lot of sources had changed to the "Android L Preview". It's worth trying, and seeing how it works for you. I haven't even loaded it up yet myself.

EDIT - I did load it myself. For those of you who are feeling brave, I would encourage you at least to be cautious if you want to encrypt your phone. Make sure you have a backup if you try it. I did it and it broke WIFI, then I fiddled some more, but it wouldn't connect with Google, even though WIFI did work. For now, my phone is encrypted and working fine, but I had to revert to my previous version of SlimKat. So I'm losing out on the recent updates.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr.BungIe

srinia

Nov 14, 2009
'Error executing updater binary in zip' error

I get the 'Error executing updater binary in zip' message when i try to flash any of the latest zips on top of my 2/27/14 version of slimkat from the first post.

I got the error when flashing ocarinaz64's latest. I got this before when i tried to flash his earlier versions too. I followed the instructions in the readme file and tried Goblinz 5/2014 version - but got the same error.

Same error when i tried Liquid-smooth and PAC-MAN roms.

I replaced the update-binary and updater-script files with the ones in 2/27. i still got the same error with slimkat.

But when i replaced these files in PAC-MAN rom i was able to flash it. But wifi and phone calls did not work. I tried this with liquid-smooth with same results.

Here are some more details

hboot - 2.10.0000
radio - 1.13.11.1105
twrp - 2.7.1.0

Any suggestions ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SlimKAT 4.4.2

slimbeanop2.jpg

Installation instructions

1. Download the latest build
    2. Download the latest SlimGapps 4.4.x or other 4.4 specific gapps
    3. In recovery, full wipe, and manually format /system
    4. Flash ROM and the gapps you want, reboot

Note 1: This rom comes with DPI set at 245. This will make the fonts/icons smaller than usual there are many ways to change this to the stock 320... Edit: The latest builds have a DPI adjuster in Settings/Interface/

Note 2: Superuser comes disabled by default! Please find the Dev Tools app in your app drawer, select Developer Options then look under "Debugging" for Root Access. select apps only or apps and ADB. (Btw ART is working great on this rom, if you would like to test it it is under Select runtime)

Note 3: Build's based off the new partition layout

YOU MUST FLASH AND RUN CAPTAINTHROWBACK'S SENSE 5 4.3 UPDATE ROM BEFORE FLASHING THIS

Or have used the RUU from HTC to upgrade to 4.13

REQUIREMENTS:
    -HBOOT 2.10
    -RECOVERY WITH NEW PARTITION LAYOUT
    -FLASH AND BOOT INTO THE SENSE 5 4.3 ROM FIRST OR THIS WILL NOT WORK!

see Captain_Throwback's instructions http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2639180

Also once you do update everything you will need to do the HTC Unlock to be able to flash your recovery. Don't worry, you will still be S-Off, if you already were.

I have to say it again DO NOT FLASH THE BUILDS FOR THE NEW PARTITION LAYOUT UNLESS YOU HAVE PERFORMED THE UPGRADE TO THE LATEST SENSE 5 4.3 upgrade! You must actually flash the rom not just the recovery. You have been warned.

Changelogs can be found on the slimroms website
    http://www.slimroms.net/index.php/news

Download Links: There are 2 versions of each build at the moment. I'm not sure how long I'll support the old Partition layout so it would be a good thing to upgrade to stay current. PLEASE pay attention to what you are downloading and Flashing.

SlimKat Weekly 3.2

2/27/14
    New Partition layout. w/ DPI On the Fly, Notification Reminders - http://d-h.st/Ugw

If you want to test something you can flash these new Blobs which will make it so your Baseband shows up in About Phone - Thank @Captain_Throwback for these. - http://d-h.st/Kdj

2/20/14
    Old partition Layout w/ DPI On the Fly

New Partition Layout w/ DPI On the Fly

2/18/14
    Old Partition Layout DPI set @ 320

New Partition Layout DPI set @ 320

These files have been removed since they are no longer on the hosting site. If someone is looking for them let me know and I'll put them back up.

SlimKat Weekly 2.8 RC3
    http://d-h.st/IWi

New features
    -Opensource Dialer added
    -SlimPie is back!
    -lots of stability tweaks, Slim believes this will be the last RC!

Tweaks I added to this build:
    -set dpi to 320 default. This can be set to slim's 245 using textdroider_dpi app included.
    -added cLock app from CM

SlimKat Weekly 2.6 RC2
    http://d-h.st/9ai

Tweaks I added to this build:
    -cherry picked "clear all" button to recents
    -cherry picked Network Speed Indicator to status bar settings
    -set dpi to 320 default. This can be set to slim's 245 using textdroider_dpi app included.

SlimKat 4.4.x Gapps
    http://slimroms.net/index.php/downloads/dlsearch/viewcategory/1150-addons4-4

SuperSU
    http://download.chainfire.eu/supersu

Gapps are the same and can be found here. The AIO gapps will work very well with TRDS if you use it:

And huge thanks to @Captain_Throwback and @xHausx for working on the parttion layout and @GoblinZ for helping me, help him.

There really is no reason to not update your Firmware, Hboot and recovery to have the new layout. It uses the storage the same way as newer devices and allows you to format your SD card to a different format if you desire.

Reminder: Any previous backups you have will not work on the new layout. But this is a great time to clean up your SD card and start fresh which will probably make things quicker in the long run.

Screenshot's Post #3
    SlimPie is in all builds from 2.8 and up. :)

Kernel Source :https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_device_htc_jewel
    https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_kernel_htc_msm8960

Support:

This rom comes with an app for slimusers irc. It links to freenode channel #slimusers feel free to visit if you would like to chat, keep in mind this is an unofficial build.

Thanks: I can not express enough that these types of projects can not be done without the support of the community. :highfive:

• I personally never would have tried compiling Roms from source with out the help from those in #htc-evo-4g-lte
      So Thank you so much to all of them.
    • deck's tireless work made the CM kernel and device tree that this and many other roms for this device are based on.
    • MeestaAytch, xHausx, CaptainThrowback, GoblinZ and everyone in the #htc-evo-4g-lte channel for all of their support and info along the way.
    • mikshepard for posting the instructions for porting this rom to our device.
    • The entire SlimRoms staff for all of their hard work in making this rom and apps.
    • Please don't hesitate to let me know if someone was missed here, send a PM or catch me in freenode and ill get you in there :eek:

EDIT: @ocarinaz64 has been kind enough to continue building SlimKat for Jewel. His builds can be found here. Please read the "Read me" link he has there and be sure to thank him!!
      https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B02ZZ1GsXhMkY3ZlM1k5Nm5mYlU&usp=drive_web

Thank you, goblinz. It's fu*&ing great you're supporting this device. You don't even have it, correct? You've been putting mass time into compiling it to share. We should donate. I haven't yet, I know. But still, your time and work is so super appreciated. Thank you. A lot.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Nope I'm still rockin a Jewel X) probably will till that m8 surfaces. I don't have any donate stuff setup, I think that belongs to the full time devs that make these roms, I'm just doing this for fun :cyclops: Long as people still are interested in this device ill keep building for it.
    SlimKat Weekly 4.9

I went ahead and built an intirim build and have been running this for a couple days straight.

http://d-h.st/Pyd

enjoy
    New Partition Layout Version PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE POST!!

YOU MUST FLASH AND RUN CAPTAINTHROWBACK'S SENSE 5 4.3 UPDATE ROM BEFORE FLASHING THIS

REQUIREMENTS:
    -HBOOT 2.10
    -RECOVERY WITH NEW PARTITION LAYOUT
    -FLASH AND BOOT INTO THE SENSE 5 4.3 ROM FIRST OR THIS WILL NOT WORK!

see captain throwback's instructions http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2639180

Also once you do update everything you will need to do the HTC Unlockto be able to flash your recovery. Don't worry, you will still be S-Off, if you already were.;)

DOWLOAD:

I have to say it again DO NOT FLASH THIS UNLESS YOU HAVE PERFORMED THE UPGRADE TO THE LATEST SENSE 5 4.3 upgrade! You must actually flash the rom not just the recovery. You have been warned.

So this is SlimKat3.1 for Jewel with new partition layout:

http://d-h.st/ZYv (DPI already set to 320 for Jewel)

Gapps are the same and can be found here. The AIO gapps will work very well with TRDS if you use it:

And huge thanks to @captainthrowback and @xHausx for working on this and @GoblinZ for helping me, help him. ;)

There really is no reason to not update your Firmware, Hboot and recovery to have the new layout. It uses the storage the same way as newer devices and allows you to format your SD card to a different format if you desire.

Reminder: Any previous backups you have will not work on the new layout. But this is a great time to clean up your SD card and start fresh which will probably make things quicker in the long run.
    I just looked on Slim Bean's website and they say their sources are now up to 3.6. I was wondering, is there a reason we're still on the 3.2 build? Not that we really need to be that bleeding-edge, but I was just wondering.

To that regard, I fully appreciate your work NaterTots, and I would be willing to try and help out. But so far, I haven't gotten a successful build ported to this device. I think my local_manifests file isn't set up right. Would you mind sharing yours with me? Even if you do plan to make updates to this forever yourself, I do want to try and build it myself once, just for the achievement.

I'll see what I can do. I just put in a new hard drive and was working on getting the build environment back up. Hopefully soon I can get an update for this.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app