[ROM] 06/12 UtmostROM_2.0.8a

Search This thread

UtmostMick0

Sep 6, 2010
Rockingham
here is the release of UtmostROM_2.0.8a
based again on openfire 2.2.1 after UtmostRom_2.0.7a (based on openfire 2.3) proved unstable

changelog :-custom bootanimation C64 style y(props to Utmosthuzi for the help)
-custom system font
-SYMPNOTIC's patched market
-HCDR Jacob's 4.1 OC kernal
-ad blocker
-Utmostmick0 custom framework
-Apps2sd
-busybox

SPECIAL THANKS- ADEADRAT for the stable code base

for the next release i would like to compile from source.
anyone that can help me or point me in the right direction to and advice or links
already have a virtual dev machine set up

for install instructions check 1st post in openfire thread

link:-http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0ITG4K42

oifi

Nov 22, 2010
Vienna
just flashed your rom. till now everything seems to work fine.

except of auto brightness adjustment which is a bit annoying.

also I would prefer the original font. the one you're using looks a bit childish to me

Reactions: Stefina

kellmi

Nov 28, 2010
thanx

thanx

i flashed my Wildfire. All seems to work...but i think, the field for typing SMS is a bit little. There is more free space. can u fix this?

UtmostMick0

Sep 6, 2010
Rockingham

also I would prefer the original font. the one you're using looks a bit childish to me

kewl as dude changing the font isnt that hard if u know howto use adb ???

open another rom in winzip/winrar and copy the droidsans.ttf and droidsans-bold.ttf

boot ur phone into recovery mount /system in the partition menu hook up ur cable and use adb

adb remount
adb push (filename here) /system/font/(filename here)
adb reboot

as always make a nandroid backup first incase it stuffs up , lol , good lick

jibbo

Dec 3, 2010
can i use live wallpaper, with this Rom?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA App

oifi

Nov 22, 2010
Vienna
kewl as dude changing the font isnt that hard if u know howto use adb ???

open another rom in winzip/winrar and copy the droidsans.ttf and droidsans-bold.ttf

boot ur phone into recovery mount /system in the partition menu hook up ur cable and use adb

adb remount
adb push (filename here) /system/font/(filename here)
adb reboot

as always make a nandroid backup first incase it stuffs up , lol , good lick

Ok, thanks. I'll try that.

Could you tell me why auto brightness isn't working? is it a known bug?

Last edited:

n3kobe

Oct 31, 2010
GPS location for weather not working

Bug: The phone cannot find itself across gps. Location for weather must be added manualy.

And as a cherry on a piece of pie: everything else is realy nice done. Exept for icons can you do some mod without of these "nice" looking icons on notification bar ? I have on my mind something like, you know.. minimalistic and not as that original like this. For example: WildPuzzleMod have nice looking icons on notification bar. If you do some mod with those icons and without that bug i've mentioned at the top of the post, it will be excelent. :)

jibbo

Dec 3, 2010
Bug: The phone cannot find itself across gps. Location for weather must be added manualy.
It works fine for me.
Exept for icons can you do some mod without of these "nice" looking icons on notification bar ? I have on my mind something like, you know.. minimalistic and not as that original like this. For example: WildPuzzleMod have nice looking icons on notification bar. If you do some mod with those icons and without that bug i've mentioned at the top of the post, it will be excelent
I agree. These icons doesn't meet my tastes.

Other stuff seems to be ok!
But i can't read my SIM! anyone can tell me what i should do?

dannystppls

Dec 6, 2010
Groningen
Cool rom ;)
The icons in the top bar are a bit confusing though. The rom also runs very smooth without lags or anything. Thumbs up for your work! Maybe u could make a lite version? (A totally stripped rom with only the essential apps and such) Cuz ive been looking for such rom for ages!!! But i absolutely love that background can u plz send me a link or the file or somthin

UtmostMick0

Sep 6, 2010
Rockingham
Cool rom ;)
The icons in the top bar are a bit confusing though. The rom also runs very smooth without lags or anything. Thumbs up for your work! Maybe u could make a lite version? (A totally stripped rom with only the essential apps and such) Cuz ive been looking for such rom for ages!!! But i absolutely love that background can u plz send me a link or the file or somthin

Lolz , glad to see you like the background it is the same as the wallpaper on my Windoze machine , here is a link to it in its native resolution

VapourWare 2.0 by AuraHACK

can someone PM me a full bug list and i will try to get to it on the weekend , busy working atm , lolz , hope to post new stuff soon

thyl_

Nov 27, 2010
It works, with no bugs so far...
I would reconsider the font, but the ROM is good, Froyo with move to SD and a total of 140MB free from the beginning.
Great work !!

kingoldstyle

Nov 19, 2007
Roscani Iasi
ok installed.
1.Working to overclock
2.Is missing a explorer ( it will be nice if it is one ..or we can dw from market andexplorer.
3.icons from tap ..mmmmm confusing it a small word .... you must concentrate to undersand wich are and how are ...
4.App2Sd ... i m blind, noob :eek: and i don t understand how to use it. First at all i don t see it ... :confused:
5.The font ...it will be better one a lil more closer to the original ;)
6.wirless work perfect (and in my opinion more speedy like other roms)
7. Pics are good , but cam record .... i wass find same bug at one other froy rom ...is :eek: ..no is not a good quality
8.If you use live wallpapers ...you will see how you device slowing down (and i use a speed of proc of 630Mgz).

At the end:
From all roms i found out there is the best . less the notification bar ( strange icons) and ... camera record , otherwise Is the best ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    here is the release of UtmostROM_2.0.8a
    based again on openfire 2.2.1 after UtmostRom_2.0.7a (based on openfire 2.3) proved unstable

changelog :-custom bootanimation C64 style y(props to Utmosthuzi for the help)
    -custom system font
    -SYMPNOTIC's patched market
    -HCDR Jacob's 4.1 OC kernal
    -ad blocker
    -Utmostmick0 custom framework
    -Apps2sd
    -busybox

SPECIAL THANKS- ADEADRAT for the stable code base

for the next release i would like to compile from source.
    anyone that can help me or point me in the right direction to and advice or links
    already have a virtual dev machine set up

for install instructions check 1st post in openfire thread

link:-http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0ITG4K42