[Q] Tiphone A508 bootloop after install font

Search This thread

aitody

May 3, 2014
I know it's kinda stupid to ask about this stuff. but i'm completely stuck with this bootloop thing.
so i got this Tiphone A508 with mt6572 inside. the spec is android 4.2.2, 3.5inch screen, 320x480pixels, dual camera (2mp and vga), and this writing in the 'about phone' :
moly.wr8.w1315.md.wg.mp.v15.p1
that's all i can remember about my phone because the cellphone is now in bootloop state. it happened after i installed a new font using ifont from the playstore. and the stupid thing about it is i don't have any usable backup.
i thought i had installed cwm recovery on the phone but i was mistaken, it was just the stock recovery (recovery 3e). and the backup i made with the stock recovery is completely useless.
i'm kinda lost of what to do now? i tried installing flashable zip stock jellybean font via the stock recovery but it always said 'installation aborted'
please someone tell me what to do :eek:

thanks

Wickedfire.214

May 2, 2014
Find a TWRP recovery for your phone. The one flashable via stock recovery. And if it was a apk, try formatting/reset via stock recovery. Thanks!

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Y s5360

aitody

May 3, 2014
Find a TWRP recovery for your phone. The one flashable via stock recovery. And if it was a apk, try formatting/reset via stock recovery. Thanks!

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Y s5360

been searching for any cwm or twrp for my device but no luck. i don't know what the real brand of my phone. Tiphone is just a rebrand in my country, but in China it must have its own name. So it's kinda difficult to find suitable cwm or twrp for my device.
Can i just use cwm recovery.img from another mt6572 device?