Display white warmth

Search This thread

jameslfc5

Sep 27, 2009
Hi

I have just received my 32GB european G3, stunning phone in hand, speakers seems really good, but out of everything that I am let down by it is surprisingly the screen :( I wanted to be blown away and unfortunately I'm not.

I have the Z2 at the moment and I am in no way sticking up for the Z2 it's horrible, uncomfortable in hand, slippy, the vibrate is annoying, the camera isn't overly impressive on auto mode, BUT the screen seems a lot better than the G3 the whites are a lot cooler and the blacks look blacker

So is there anyway to adjust the screen colours on the G3? And I'd there a mod to disable that 90% brightness cap?

Thanks

jaythenut

Sep 6, 2012
Hi

I have just received my 32GB european G3, stunning phone in hand, speakers seems really good, but out of everything that I am let down by it is surprisingly the screen :( I wanted to be blown away and unfortunately I'm not.

I have the Z2 at the moment and I am in no way sticking up for the Z2 it's horrible, uncomfortable in hand, slippy, the vibrate is annoying, the camera isn't overly impressive on auto mode, BUT the screen seems a lot better than the G3 the whites are a lot cooler and the blacks look blacker

So is there anyway to adjust the screen colours on the G3? And I'd there a mod to disable that 90% brightness cap?

Thanks

Here's one for the brightness http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2790759 but no way to change the whites yet but I'm sure someone will port it with a custom kernel

Lostatsea23

Apr 13, 2014
Maybe its the glue that you have to let settle in? I've seen some g3 on video and I like the warmth of the whites. But that's how white looks naturally lol