[Q] Note 2 N7100 not start up !

Search This thread

Mu_AlTaweel

Feb 13, 2013
Hello,

I bought my note 2 three months ago & It did very well untill 2 days ago

My note 2 had a lagging & hanging issues yesterday and I had to restart it many times when it didnt repond , I thought it may be a virus so I did scans using 3 different antiviruses and was clean , then I thought it may be a bad app. so I uninstalled some of recent installed apps but no improvement ! I even removed some of videos to decrease the memory and get the sd card and the sim card out , but also no improvement !!

P.S. The phone was some times previously give me a crashed touch wiz home messages and some apps were crashed also , so I guessed it may be the launcher so I tried other launchers or may be the apps & uninstalled them but still I found the same problem .

So I got bored & went to sleep with the phone very laggy but working for some time after each restart

When I woke up today , I found the phone turned off , I tried to switch it on , but No Response at all !!! only the small red light near the front camera is fluctuating when I try to switch it on !!!
I removed the battery and tried every thing but NO RESPONSE !!!!

P.S. it`s on stock ROM with 4.1.1 JB

PLZ ppl help me :(

T511

Account currently disabled
Mar 22, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
Actually I used the sd card for only a few hours & I experienced these problems before the SD card used , I think it`s not the problem

SDS - Sudden Death Syndrome. Its not SD card. If your phone chip was 0xf1 and your phone was on 4.1.1 so its sure sds and phone is dead. You had to update your phone to 4.1.2 with Odin because it has fix from sds .

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

Last edited:

UtkarshGupta

Nov 17, 2012
New Delhi
Have you ever rooted ? If not return phone to service center asap.
If yes then go into download mode and click volume up and tell what is your counter status

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Mu_AlTaweel

Mu_AlTaweel

Feb 13, 2013
SDS - Sudden Death Syndrome. Its not SD card. If your phone chip was 0xf1 and your phone was on 4.1.1 so its sure sds and phone is dead. You had to update your phone to 4.1.2 with Odin because it has fix from sds .

thanx for yor reply & explanation , but how can I update it with odin ?! it doesn`t start up or connect to the PC !

Mu_AlTaweel

Feb 13, 2013
If yes then go into download mode and click volume up and tell what is your counter status

thanx for reply ,

I never rooted the device

If I return it to the service center , how can I avoid such problem in the future ?

T511

Account currently disabled
Mar 22, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
thanx for reply ,

If I return it to the service center , how can I avoid such problem in the future ?

When you get replacement phone check its chip ( via "emmc brickbug check" application from play market ) . If its 0xf1 ... do not take it... if its chip 0xf7 or other you can take it. Mainly phones with 0xf1 on 4.1.1 affected sds. And main - upgrade to 4.1.2 as it has fix from sds.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mu_AlTaweel

Mu_AlTaweel

Feb 13, 2013
When you get replacement phone check its chip ( via "emmc brickbug check" application from play market ) . If its 0xf1 ... do not take it... if its chip 0xf7 or other you can take it. Mainly phones with 0xf1 on 4.1.1 affected sds. And main - upgrade to 4.1.2 as it has fix from sds.

thank you very much I really appreciate your help , I will send it to the service center & see what they will say .

estugarda

Aug 27, 2010
When you get replacement phone check its chip ( via "emmc brickbug check" application from play market ) . If its 0xf1 ... do not take it... if its chip 0xf7 or other you can take it. Mainly phones with 0xf1 on 4.1.1 affected sds.
If you get the chance to check the chip before you get the new device. Which I doubt you will. You'll probably get the phone sealed, and Samsung will hardly get you the new phone only because there is a chip inside which is prone to fail. This is the main problem. Samsung still doesn't acknowledge the SDS. At least not in whole.

And main - upgrade to 4.1.2 as it has fix from sds.

This was never confirmed by Samsung. If you ask me, it's a myth. Some devs thought it might be the fix, and Samsung never denied it. That doesn't mean it is a fix. They fixed the exynos bug, but it has nothing to do with this.

I think it's awful how Samsung threats us.

Last edited:

Mu_AlTaweel

Feb 13, 2013
If you get the chance to check the chip before you get the new device. Which I doubt you will. You'll probably get the phone sealed, and Samsung will hardly get you the new phone only because there is a chip inside which is prone to fail. This is the main problem. Samsung still doesn't acknowledge the SDS. At least not in whole.

This was never confirmed by Samsung. If you ask me, it's a myth. Some devs thought it might be the fix, and Samsung never denied it. That doesn't mean it is a fix. They fixed the exynos bug, but it has nothing to do with this.

I think it's awful how Samsung threats us.

so you say that there`s no known solution for this disaster , I should only hope to get the right chip & no clue to avoid this in the future ?!!

UtkarshGupta

Nov 17, 2012
New Delhi
I have written 100s of times in this thread.
Update asap.
These kinds of sds threads should be stickied so everyone can get a sneak peek of the fate if they don't upgrade.
Probably you didn't do it because of battery life. Or did even downgrade.
Now you and others may understand something.

Mu_AlTaweel

Feb 13, 2013
Hi guys ,

I got my device back from the service center & they got the chip replaced not the whole device

the new chip is 0x19 now , but in (eMMC brickbug check) says under title of (brick bug) : yes,insane chip

any explanation plz ?!!

bushako

Mar 16, 2007
Dubai
Forget about what it says because so far the only.one's that are affected by the SDS are the Note 2 with 0xf1 revisions. Just update your android version to 4.1.2 and you'll be fine.

Sent from the rabbit hole.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

thanx for reply ,