ICS vs Gingerbread

Search This thread

Raul69.atl

Oct 17, 2011
city of angels
Wow I was reading all the comments on ICS RoM on development side and theyre all excited lmaoo...cant believe it all the ridiculous comments. I get more excited when Friday is around the corner :)

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA

Reactions: ingenious247

AllGamer

Retired Forum Moderator
May 24, 2008
SGH-T989
AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note I717
i too find TW to lack in features
my default Launcher in any phone or tablet is always Go Launcher EX

and Gingerbread is more compatible than ICS, there are still a few paid Apps / Games that i'm waiting for to become compatible to ICS

yet the developers like EA has no intention of releasing an update, or at least it's not in their priority list

so even if ICS does become available, i'll not be using ICS until all my Paid Apps are ICS compatible

s10shane

Jul 30, 2010
Victorville, Ca
on that fish test (in the video) i get from 50fps to 30fps vs there test which i think there highest they got was around 19fps

Last edited:

DaveinSoCal

Dec 10, 2011
Fullerton
Personally I am waiting for a fully supported ICS Rom, I know it will be a matter of time until a Dev creates a version that takes full advantage of our phone's hardware. I just have so sit here patiently until T-mobile releases the Samsung update.

Last edited:

jim93

Oct 18, 2011
The new browser is nice. I wish I could get that until an autorotation proper ICS comes out.

curry67

Mar 3, 2012
Calgary, AB
I heard ics cant use adobe flash. I think it was temporary but I wouldnt use it without flash or a fully functional flash in browser

Last edited:
K

Killbynature

I heard ics cant use adobe flash. I think it was temporary but I wouldnt use it without flash or a fully functional flash in browser

Stock browser does use flash on ics so does dolphin hd. Chrome doesnt use flash though.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

lawalty

May 16, 2008

DITTO!!!

I can't believe my eyes on how smooth my phone is.. i invite anyone to use this combination:

Flash darkside Rom "touchless" - read the op on how to add the extension on how to flash without TW.

Download the Nemus Launcher here:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...GwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5uZW11c3RlY2gubGF1bmNoZXIiXQ..

(forgive me if the link doesn't work) you can search in the market for Nemus Launcher.

Use root explorer and put the Nemus Launcher in the system/app directory (don't forget to set the correct permissions) then uninstall the Zeam Launcher.

OMG! Awesome buttery smoothness !!

Who NEEDS ICS ?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

inferno1005

Jul 2, 2009
One of the biggest things that comes with gingerbread for us would be that samsung isn't using their own bluetooth implementation and uses the default android one, so wiimotes and things will now work and we still have mhl :D

DannyB513

Jan 20, 2012
Huntsville
I am running the ICS leak for the Skyrocket on my phone and there is one thing in ICS I wish someone could figure out in GB: Audio dropout on Bluetooth. Since I have been running ICS I have not had a single dropout of audio while streaming thru my car stereo. With GB it happened at least once a song.

Raul69.atl

Oct 17, 2011
city of angels
I am running the ICS leak for the Skyrocket on my phone and there is one thing in ICS I wish someone could figure out in GB: Audio dropout on Bluetooth. Since I have been running ICS I have not had a single dropout of audio while streaming thru my car stereo. With GB it happened at least once a song.

Was it a drop volume? Cuz mine mute for a sec and keeps playing (using bt )

inferno1005

Jul 2, 2009
Like I said it is most likely because they are using the native bluetooth instead of their own and it works much better :)

Android_Monsters

Feb 2, 2012
Los Angeles
Just do it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1333116250092.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1333116250092.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 110
G

GuestK00202

I personally like the Feel of both GB and ICS. To be completely honest GB runs fine for me. However I did make the jump to Ravers Black edition and must say I am falling in love. But, there are some things I do not like and this is not Ravers fault... Its ICS itself. The YouTube widget is very homosexual. There is no wifi calling (due to it not being an original Samsung release). And I'm not able to use launcher Pro, it keeps force closing.

With that being said I have moved on to Nova Prime as my launcher. I do like it, took a while to figure out settings and where things are but its good. I believe once the bugs are fixed (like rotation) this will put GB to rest.

PJcastaldo

Aug 31, 2009
Debary, FL
I don't get why everyone hates on Twiz.. its not as IN YOUR FACE as sense and its integration doesn't totally kill the stock android feel.. and what it does replace sucks anyways.. Like im using Eugenes CM7 right now and its great, but certain things are just better in Twiz..

The launcher is debatable.. I use Go personally..

The status bar with toggles was started by Twiz and is now used in almost all custom roms including Cyanogen..

Slide finger on the status bar to change brightness level

A better phone App than stock Android,

A better Contacts App, Slide to call or message..

A Nicer looking Music player..

And other than the bloat like all share and what not it doesn't really change much more...

I use an ASOP ICS build on my Wife's Sensation and the UI is not that much different than Gingerbread. Few new bits here and there.

I guess its a personal choice.. Unlike Sense Twiz doesn't slow down the device..

As for Ginger VS ICS I haven't tested our yet but On the Sensation my Wife seen a major battery life increase and some performance as well so I hope it the same here.. !!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Raul69.atl
G

GuestK00202

Sorry if this was already addressed. I'm using the xda app on my phone cause I'm not at my desk. I just noticed the rotation issue also affects games. Awwww man. This racing game is mad hard when you have to tilt it the wrong ways.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For me is not a big deal about ICS but for some it is....here is a comparison I found on YouTube. If I r on the xda app and it doesn't open click on, open in browser.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofEgPEwTWrg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Yes... Another ICS thread!

Much like most of us, I've gotten fed up with the ICS thread phenomenon..

However, I wanted to post this thread for the veterans and Devs.

Of course those of us in the know have been watching the activity escalate in the online feeds, and I have to say it's exciting to see the ramping up of releases and leaks..

We are at the threshold of real ICS goodness. I for one have been watching Kevin's Nova Launcher, since I am not a big fan of TouchWiz. Don't get me wrong, Samsung is impressive at coding.. it's functional and beautiful but too too slow and not enough customization for us hardcore themers.. With a few custom apps I see a gorgeous, lightning fast, better than Vanilla ICS experience coming.

Thoughts?

Sent from my T989 hunting for Siri Connor
    Save us almighty CM and AOSP from the binds of Samsung and TouchWiz. Amen

Nice video. Seems like the browser has improved quite a bit.
    My thoughts: I don't get the big deal over ICS :D Now, people running WP7 on the other hand...I can see why they get jacked about OS updates - WP7 sucks exponentially less with each one :p

that's in two different states to qualify, right? ;)

Sent from my T989 hunting for Siri Connor
    Wow I was reading all the comments on ICS RoM on development side and theyre all excited lmaoo...cant believe it all the ridiculous comments. I get more excited when Friday is around the corner :)