Search This thread

john014

Jul 9, 2007
London
Asshole?

I don't see a link for it on amazon

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

Dunce Much?

had you have stated WHICH Amazon site you were looking we would have this solved by now. don't get ****ty with me, your the typical person who doesn't know how to use the internet to search for things correctly.

u mad bro? :D

darrendm

Jan 24, 2009
London/Leeds/Toronto
almost a hundred bucks (including shipping to my country) for a dock? why so expensive? how does it differ from cheaper docks like this?:
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/portable-charging-dock-cradle-usb-data-cable-for-samsung-galaxy-nexus-i9250-black-116667

how does the phone actually recognize its docked and goes to dock mode?

just wondering..

It charges the phone through the pogo pins on the side of your phone (seen here: http://cdn.androidcentral.com/sites...laxy-nexus-review/verizon-galaxy-nexus-13.jpg)

I'm not sure why someone would spend £50 on this, apart from the possible "cool factor" of "wireless charging" the device and having an official (expensive) Samsung accessory.

EDIT: Even though the EDD-H1F2 (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-EDD-H1F2BEG-HDMI-Galaxy-Nexus/dp/B006I31SGS) seems a bit more practical than there EDD-D1F2, I still do not know who would buy such item for £45 when MHL adapters work just fine.

Ah well, guess it's just preference.

Last edited:

machiz7888

Jun 11, 2010
It charges the phone through the pogo pins on the side of your phone (seen here: http://cdn.androidcentral.com/sites...laxy-nexus-review/verizon-galaxy-nexus-13.jpg)

I'm not sure why someone would spend £50 on this, apart from the possible "cool factor" of "wireless charging" the device and having an official (expensive) Samsung accessory.

EDIT: Even though the EDD-H1F2 (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-EDD-H1F2BEG-HDMI-Galaxy-Nexus/dp/B006I31SGS) seems a bit more practical than there EDD-D1F2, I still do not know who would buy such item for £45 when MHL adapters work just fine.

Ah well, guess it's just preference.

Its a utility, it is well observed that micro USB ports wear over time time and use. The less you plug in the less strain. Nothing more annoying than one of those ports you have to get at "the right angle" to get it to charge, or transfer data.

MartinW81

Jan 29, 2011
Jkpg
almost a hundred bucks (including shipping to my country) for a dock? why so expensive? how does it differ from cheaper docks like this?:
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/portable-charging-dock-cradle-usb-data-cable-for-samsung-galaxy-nexus-i9250-black-116667

how does the phone actually recognize its docked and goes to dock mode?

just wondering..
It contains a bluetoothchip and a D/A converter as well, giving you the possibility to connect the dock to your amp.
It also has a optic S/PDIF output, giving you the possibilty to connect it to an external D/A-converter with better performance.

The pin in the middle of the three tells the phone to activate bluetooth, go landscape mode and so on... The other two pins are for charging.

It's very convenient just to drop the phone down in the dock and not risking to ruin your USB-port.

Henchmin

Sep 5, 2009
Oakland
Dunce Much?

had you have stated WHICH Amazon site you were looking we would have this solved by now. don't get ****ty with me, your the typical person who doesn't know how to use the internet to search for things correctly.

Right. Spot on. Thank you for clarifying what I was doing wrong all this time by providing incredibly helpful feedback. Never would have thought to search.

Cheeze[iT]

Dec 4, 2008
Dallas, Tx
Getting tired of waiting for the car dock. Need something I can dock my phone in that will do audio and charge. I hate fumbling with desperate cables all the time. Looks like I'll just order the desktop dock and figure out a way to attach it to some sort of window mount and turn it into a car dock

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Fountainhead931

Mar 4, 2011
Orlando FL
Going to Hong Kong next week, and I'm SO gonna get one or two of these docks, hopefully they have the "shanzhai" copy ones that only charge, if not I might buy two anyway.

jonnyg1097

Oct 1, 2010
Toronto
As much as I want this dock there is no way I can justify 60 dollars for the actual dock and then to ship it will cost me another 20 dollars.

Unless I can find me a coupon for expansys somewhere or they start offering deals on their site.

Tim Welsh-Eliot

Apr 6, 2012
I remember the pogo pin dock for the Nexus One bought directly from Google at the time of buying the handset was $45 USD - and well worth it for saving (the USB connection and therefore) the life of the phone (it's still going strong!)

Ah yes, being able to buy the genuine desk dock, car dock, and a spare battery at the time of buying the phone direct from Google - and the Google store was considered a failure?!? I'd say this is a #samsungfail...

Cheapest place in Australia (on back order - no-one here has it yet either) is $54 AUD (+ $10.95 AUD shipping, they only ship within Australia - or you can pick up in Melbourne for free) so basically $65 AUD all up if you need it posted. Let's hope the prices get pushed down quickly.

Needless to say, I'll definitely be buying one.

Cheapest place in Australia (on back order - no-one here has it yet either) is $54 AUD (+ $10.95 AUD shipping, they only ship within Australia - or you can pick up in Melbourne for free) so basically $65 AUD all up if you need it posted. Let's hope the prices get pushed down quickly.

Needless to say, I'll definitely be buying one.

Where was that that had it (edit: had it listed, that is, even though it's on backorder)? All my searches have just come up with non-aussie places. currently leaning towards amazon.de...

Last edited:

Tim Welsh-Eliot

Apr 6, 2012
Where was that that had it (edit: had it listed, that is, even though it's on backorder)? All my searches have just come up with non-aussie places. currently leaning towards amazon.de...

Yeah, knew I should've posted the link (am surprised Aussies here or on other whirly popular Aussie pools/forums haven't spoken of it, because it comes up early in at least my Google searches) - try "exeltek.com.au". I've bought things from them before no probs, good pricing and shipping...

Cheers mate!

Reactions: salem_christ

Treggs

Aug 9, 2010
Looking at the pictures it looks like the cut out on the back compensates for the hump. Does that mean it's not compatible with the official extended gsm battery? Can someone confirm whether it fits or not please?

E15i

Dec 24, 2010
Netanya
That what I seen too, I think it will stand fine, but with little angle, also
Samsung not sell the extended battery, it's only sold with Korean version on Korea, so the extended batteries (the genuine one) are from that kits. also it's not that big ..1750-2000 not a big difference, also Samsung did made an extended kit for SGS2, so I'm not sure if the do sell them only in Korean kits.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have one on order but could you please describe the audio functions in more detail?

What happens when someone rings? Do I need audio plugged in? Can you have a hands free conversation with the phone still in the dock? Does it only play certain audio out the jack and if so details? Anything else you think is worth mentioning? I plan to have my phone pretty much sitting in this dock at my work desk unless I need to go somewhere. TIA :)

General Use: When docked everything switches to landscape. Lock screen (with music controls), launcher, app drawer, etc. The dialer however, doesn't display correctly in landscape. I've attached photos to illustrate what I'm talking about.

Audio: This dock, unlike the Nexus One dock does not pair to bluetooth for audio. I'm guessing the audio is transferred through one of the pogo pins.
    When you play music, youtube, etc. the sound comes only from the audio out. Notifications and the phone ringer seem to play from both the phone and audio out.
    When playing music, if you adjust the volume from your phone, the levels do not change until you get to zero. It then mutes the audio.
    If you take the phone out of the dock while playing music the audio will pause.
    If you don't have anything plugged into audio out sound will function as normal.
    The manual states to not use the audio jack with headphones.

Phone calls: When the phone rings while in the dock, the orientation will change to portrait. I haven't tested the speaker phone while in the dock but the handset mic is blocked by the dock housing so my guess is it won't work. You can pair the phone to bluetooth and answer calls that way if you want.

I hope that answers most of your questions.

For my initial reaction and other info check this post
    Dunce Much?

Right. Spot on. Thank you for clarifying what I was doing wrong all this time by providing incredibly helpful feedback. Never would have thought to search.
    Someone have the Gnex Desk Stand and Extended Battery with cover ?

I'm interrested with both of them :)

Edit:
    Hello,

Just tested this and the slightly larger cover does not interfere with the Desk Stand.

Kenneth Eilertsen (Quality Engineer, eXpansys)

source: http://www.expansys.fr/ft.aspx?k=253500
    The one main complaint I have is with Android's clock. It takes forever for it to go into "dark" mode and when it does, the time has an annoying "feature" of moving about and being a bit small (it could be larger). I couldn't find a half decent substitute though... Is there a half decent clock [preferably made for ICS]? Because this dock makes the phone perfect as an alarm clock.

Press the screen once and it will go somewhat dark, press and hold for 1 second after that and it goes completely dark except for the blue clock. The clock moves around to prevent screen burn-in.

Dock Clock is nice. You can customize the font and size, add weather, date, etc:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gadgetjuice.dockclock
    Yes, you need to have the 4.0.4 update for dock mode to work. The release of 4.0.4 is what's been holding up the release of these docks for the past few months supposedly.

@ El Daddy--Expansys supposedly tried the dock with an LTE model and said it almost fit, but was off by just enough that you had to push the phone down into the cradle to make it touch the pogo pins and as soon as you stopped pushing, it would disconnect.