Favorite Weather App?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2842059
  • Start date
Search This thread
D

Deleted member 2842059

i wish you could change the tile update frequency.

I use StormGlass for my weather

Holy Crap! Thanks for that. It's almost perfect for my needs. Couple things I don't like:

When you first open StormGlass you are confronted with magnificent double weather tiles. This crushed my dream when I pinned and it's a single tile. I am bitter.

The experimental HD photo view. The front is fantastic, the back is cluttered and loses it's value for me when in this mode. The fonts need to be bigger. I like it just needs more work.

The settings can be a tad bit confusing to navigate at first. We need to get that developer on here.

rruffman

Oct 31, 2007
Holy Crap! Thanks for that. It's almost perfect for my needs. Couple things I don't like:

When you first open StormGlass you are confronted with magnificent double weather tiles. This crushed my dream when I pinned and it's a single tile. I am bitter.

The experimental HD photo view. The front is fantastic, the back is cluttered and loses it's value for me when in this mode. The fonts need to be bigger. I like it just needs more work.

The settings can be a tad bit confusing to navigate at first. We need to get that developer on here.

World Weather offers Dual tiles see the link in my sig..

El Mono

Apr 17, 2009
Los Angeles
I'm using MSFT's Weather. The live tile updates reliably and it is easy on my battery. Tried most of the others(WeatherLive, Vadret, Accuweather, World Weather, etc.) and I like all of them. Right now I prefer the simplicity of Weather. By the way, I really liked the double tile of Samsung's Now but it absolutely kills my battery overnight(and I've tried each update).
El Mono

I

irlju

I'm in Australia, so I'm using AU Weather Pro. It's not the prettiest, but it has robust Live Tile support and great accuracy.

d.a.v.o.r

Oct 7, 2010
It's not even a question, Weather.

- It has the best name
- live tile works 100% reliably and looks nice enough
- opens in less than 3 seconds
- no ads or other distractors, so very good for the battery

Until recently, I used Photo Weather Live, an app I never understood how It did not gotten more popular (http://bit.ly/GEqj1R). It's the best looking and has a great, great live tile. The only problem with it is if you change locations, it gest confused and resets everything.

andycted

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 20, 2009
I developed (and use daily) "3B Meteo", which I find to be quite complete in data (of course hehe).

It's mainly done for the italian market, even if it has details for worldwide weather

FiyaFleye

Oct 26, 2008
Miami
WeatherLive for two reasons.

One, it's a beautiful and efficient app. It updates without a hitch, the LiveTile is extremely realiable, and it's extremely user friendly.

Two, it's developers are some of the most helpful I've encountered on WindowsPhone. That's a big thing for me. It's the reason I've switched to NextGen Reader as my RSS reader and have never looked back. Same with Rowi, Livescape, moBudger, etc...

dtboos

Dec 22, 2009
For free apps I really like the new version of Weatherbug. It's actually very good..just needs a few things to be perfect....also a paid version without ads would be nice

Top Liked Posts