[Q] SElinux permissive SM-P605?

Search This thread

patchseven

Jul 13, 2010
As the title suggests, is there a kernel for the P605 which will allow SElinux permissive, and therefore allow full linux chroot installs to be completed with relative ease.

I am aware of a permissive kernel for P600, http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2590311

but assume this will not function for the P605.

If not can the same steps used to make the P600 kernel permissive be applied to a P605 kernel?

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
You definitely can't use the P600 kernel as it is for the Exynos variant (P600/01) while ours (P605) is the Quallcom CPU.
Unfortunately the P600/01 was released around the world first with most devs getting the Exynos version. Little developement has been done for the P605 but there has been a little. Just not for an SE-Linux permissable kernel, at least not here on XDA...

Rhesus007

Mar 4, 2014
Will try to build it myself

I've been thinking of modifying and building the kernel myself. The problem is that there are several kernel source codes on Samsung's website for SM-P605. (I can't post the link here) My device model is SM-P605 without any suffixes so I think it's the first kernel that I should choose.

I think modifying the kernel into SELinux permissive should be as easy as changing a default value in one of the source files and then I can build the kernel using the instructions that come with it. Fingures crossed!

One more thing: in the source code that Samsung provides there are two directories, one kernel and the other platform do I need to build the platform too?

Mar 26, 2014
I've been thinking of modifying and building the kernel myself. The problem is that there are several kernel source codes on Samsung's website for SM-P605. (I can't post the link here) My device model is SM-P605 without any suffixes so I think it's the first kernel that I should choose.

I think modifying the kernel into SELinux permissive should be as easy as changing a default value in one of the source files and then I can build the kernel using the instructions that come with it. Fingures crossed!

One more thing: in the source code that Samsung provides there are two directories, one kernel and the other platform do I need to build the platform too?

Hey Rhesus007, just wondering if you have made any progress?

Im really in need of a permissive kernel, however i have no knowledge of how to make it etc.

Thanks.

patchseven

Jul 13, 2010
Just dropping back in the thread, still hoping this will happen, as linux on this tab would be really useful imo.

Someone with some dev experience might be able to use the methods used on the note3, which has the same snapdragon 800 soc to achieve this. The basic steps needed to modify the kernel are described in this thread

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2471416

if nobody with experience can do this, I might give it a try, but that might be a recipe for disaster....

Mar 26, 2014
Just dropping back in the thread, still hoping this will happen, as linux on this tab would be really useful imo.

Someone with some dev experience might be able to use the methods used on the note3, which has the same snapdragon 800 soc to achieve this. The basic steps needed to modify the kernel are described in this thread

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2471416

if nobody with experience can do this, I might give it a try, but that might be a recipe for disaster....

I've got no experience with this, if you could attempt it, I'm sure a lot of people would be grateful! :)