[IMP][ZU_GPe][How-To] Restore to original Google Play Edition firmware!

Search This thread

DooMLoRD

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2010
Pune
[ intro ]

So I recently got the ZU GPe and have been trying few things... and I messed it up bad so things were not even booting properly :D

I was trying to get it back to factory settings but couldnt find any direct way and no one XDA had any good info to go by...

finally i was able to get a procedure to restore to original Google Play Edition firmware! so here is a step-by-step procedure (with pictures) to restore your phone to original firmware!

[ requirement ]

[ how-to ]

[ 1 ] Get into Graphical Bootloader

to enter graphical bootloader you can either use the command:
Code:
adb reboot bootloader

OR

power down device connect the USB cable to phone before connecting the other end of cable to PC keep the VOLUME UP button pressed

this will trigger Bootloader mode:

attachment.php

[ 2 ] Get into Stock Recovery

while in the Graphical Bootloader use the VOLUME keys to navigate to "Recovery Mode"

attachment.php

now press the POWER button to select it, device will now "reboot" and trigger stock recovery entry

[ 3 ] Reveal Stock Recovery menu

at first you will see:

attachment.php

to combination to "reveal" the Recovery menu is:

POWER button + VOLUME DOWN (first press POWER button and then TAP the VOLUME DOWN key ONCE)

you will now see this:

attachment.php

[ 4 ] Flashing FULL OTA ZIP

in the recovery menu use VOLUME keys to navigate and select using POWER button

1. now navigate to "apply update from ADB"

2. select it!

3. this will enable "adb sideload" mode in recovery on phone

4. now on you PC (hope that you have downloaded the FULL OTA and kept it easily accessible) enter the following command to send the FULL OTA ZIP via sideload:
    Code:
    adb sideload [B]PATH-OF-FULL-OTA-ZIP-INCLUDING-ZIP-FILENAME.zip[/B]

e.g.: if u have saved the KOT49H full ota to c:\ then enter:
    Code:
    adb sideload c:\830f5fda644bfc55f82a4e01fb5fadae4b64fad6.update_1278-8069_R3C_KOT49H.S2.2052_Final_signed.zip

5. this should start the transfer process to phone and flashing will start once file is fully transferred

attachment.php

6. after flashing is complete I recommend doing a Factory Reset! THIS WILL WIPE THE INTERNAL SDCARD AND ALL DATA WILL BE LOST! select "wipe data/factory reset"

7. now select "reboot system now" and device will reboot! thats it!

you will now be on original Google Play Edition firmware!

hope this helps!

regards,

DooMLoRD

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 20,517
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 20,407
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 20,348
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 20,530
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    104.1 KB · Views: 20,456
Last edited:

adfurgerson

Jan 24, 2011
Thank you for this. I had gotten to the first picture in step 3 accidentally while trying to guess my way through button combo to unlock bootloader in flashtool. Glad to know there is a way to enter stock recovery if needed. My investment is already paying dividends!

Reactions: DooMLoRD

adfurgerson

Jan 24, 2011
@DooMLoRD I installed Minimal ADB and Fastboot and connected phone and can't figure why it doesn't show up when I type adb devices.

Edit...got it needed to go to device manager and pick drivers.

Last edited:

richie138

Aug 17, 2012
About the drivers? They were the ones from flashtool folder but had to reinstall them for adb to work. I assumed they were there from unlocking bootloader and flashing kernel.

I was able to pick Android and then Sony and see the Sony ADB driver. I had installed drivers in the past but it wasn't recognizing my phone right now and your post reminded me :good:

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

that we cannot change...

i havent tried an oem relock.... hold on, will test it out now :)

If anyone figures out how to re-lock the bootloader they'd be the man ;)

Reactions: adfurgerson

blueether

Jan 21, 2011
Te Awamutu, New Zealand
I was able to pick Android and then Sony and see the Sony ADB driver. I had installed drivers in the past but it wasn't recognizing my phone right now and your post reminded me :good:

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

If anyone figures out how to re-lock the bootloader they'd be the man ;)

I would think OEM relock should work?

I would make a backup of the unlocked TA so that you could restore that and have the data wipe that you get with OEM unlock.

EvoYas

Feb 2, 2011
So I went back to stock GPE and updated to 4.4.3. How would I re root my phone again. Thank you.

Sent from my C6806_GPe using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

EvoYas

Feb 2, 2011
Can't seem to find V.2, is that DoomKernal or a different one?

Sent from my C6806_GPe using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

acbc2k

Dec 20, 2010
My GPE already on 4.4.3 before stuck on Google boot up screen. Already tried the above method for 4.4.2 but encountered an error of "Can't install this package (Tue Dec 10 14:17:53 CET 2013) over newer build (Mon May 12 11:10:10 CEST 2014)". Any ideas how to restore this phone?

adfurgerson

Jan 24, 2011
My GPE already on 4.4.3 before stuck on Google boot up screen. Already tried the above method for 4.4.2 but encountered an error of "Can't install this package (Tue Dec 10 14:17:53 CET 2013) over newer build (Mon May 12 11:10:10 CEST 2014)". Any ideas how to restore this phone?

You don't have any backups from 4.4.2? I wonder if you were to flash a custom ROM then try this method would it work? @DooMLoRD do you know?

Another question I have is can a backup be restored to a different device and if so would it put me at risk?
Example... Restore my phone to completely stock 4.4.2 then skip signing into Google accounts and create a backup to share with people needing to restore back from 4.4.3 update.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ intro ]

So I recently got the ZU GPe and have been trying few things... and I messed it up bad so things were not even booting properly :D

I was trying to get it back to factory settings but couldnt find any direct way and no one XDA had any good info to go by...

finally i was able to get a procedure to restore to original Google Play Edition firmware! so here is a step-by-step procedure (with pictures) to restore your phone to original firmware!

[ requirement ]

[ how-to ]

[ 1 ] Get into Graphical Bootloader

to enter graphical bootloader you can either use the command:
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader

OR

power down device connect the USB cable to phone before connecting the other end of cable to PC keep the VOLUME UP button pressed

this will trigger Bootloader mode:

attachment.php

[ 2 ] Get into Stock Recovery

while in the Graphical Bootloader use the VOLUME keys to navigate to "Recovery Mode"

attachment.php

now press the POWER button to select it, device will now "reboot" and trigger stock recovery entry

[ 3 ] Reveal Stock Recovery menu

at first you will see:

attachment.php

to combination to "reveal" the Recovery menu is:

POWER button + VOLUME DOWN (first press POWER button and then TAP the VOLUME DOWN key ONCE)

you will now see this:

attachment.php

[ 4 ] Flashing FULL OTA ZIP

in the recovery menu use VOLUME keys to navigate and select using POWER button

1. now navigate to "apply update from ADB"

2. select it!

3. this will enable "adb sideload" mode in recovery on phone

4. now on you PC (hope that you have downloaded the FULL OTA and kept it easily accessible) enter the following command to send the FULL OTA ZIP via sideload:
      Code:
      adb sideload [B]PATH-OF-FULL-OTA-ZIP-INCLUDING-ZIP-FILENAME.zip[/B]

e.g.: if u have saved the KOT49H full ota to c:\ then enter:
      Code:
      adb sideload c:\830f5fda644bfc55f82a4e01fb5fadae4b64fad6.update_1278-8069_R3C_KOT49H.S2.2052_Final_signed.zip

5. this should start the transfer process to phone and flashing will start once file is fully transferred

attachment.php

6. after flashing is complete I recommend doing a Factory Reset! THIS WILL WIPE THE INTERNAL SDCARD AND ALL DATA WILL BE LOST! select "wipe data/factory reset"

7. now select "reboot system now" and device will reboot! thats it!

you will now be on original Google Play Edition firmware!

hope this helps!

regards,

DooMLoRD
    Hi @DooMLoRD,

I am attaching a link for your OP. This is a 4.4.2 zip with a modded updater script to avoid getting the error message that your device is not the one for which the package is for ("This is package is meant for C6806. This is a togari"). Considering that there are not too many flashable 4.4.2 stock roms out there that are custom recovery ready, I figured I would share this with those who want to get out of 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 and back to 4.4.2 without having to jump through hoops opening the script and whatnot.

Feel free to add the link to your OP if you see fit.

Link:

http://d-h.st/KMe
    There is a thread in either Q&A or General that has the steps need to be done to get the Google 4.4.2 zip to flash from a custom recovery

Boils down to having to remove the top line or two that do the checks on the date, and maybe the line that checks the model. Don't extract the zip, use 7zip or the like to edit it, and I think all line endings have to be unix (shouldn't be a problem if you are just deleting lines)

Awesome It was buried but I was able to find it.

Had to make one change through. Changed C6806 to togari_gpe.

I copied and posted below in case someone needs it.

From user prohan:
    1. Download 4.4.2 OTA zip from http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2574264
    2. Open the ZIP with 7zip (don't extract)
    3. Edit META-INF\com\google\android
    Step 4 I deleted the version check (!less_than_int(1386681473, getprop("ro.build.date.utc"))) || abort("Can't install this package (Tue Dec 10 14:17:53 CET 2013) over newer build (" + getprop("ro.build.date") + ").");

and changed C6806 to togari
    getprop("ro.product.device") == "C6806" || abort("This package is for \"C6806\" devices; this is a \"" + getprop("ro.product.device") + "\".");

Then I simply flashed the modified OTA zip with CWM followed by Superuser. Reboot to bootloader and flash Advance Stock Kernel to regain custom recovery.

Now I am back to 4.4.2 with a working camera and the erratic external SD writes.
    Pretty certain my bootloader remained unlocked after using this process.

What about the bootloader unlock status?

that we cannot change...

i havent tried an oem relock.... hold on, will test it out now :)
    Thank you for this. I had gotten to the first picture in step 3 accidentally while trying to guess my way through button combo to unlock bootloader in flashtool. Glad to know there is a way to enter stock recovery if needed. My investment is already paying dividends!