[Q] File Editor App?

Search This thread

Sean Z

Apr 2, 2013
Temecula
Anyone know any apps on the Play Store that is capable of viewing files such as .doc or .pdf and having the ability to edit it at the same time? I'm planning on using my tablet for school and I have files that my professors give to download and print but I was wondering if there's an app that can do that so I don't have to print? Thank you in advanced!

EDIT: Another example that I have are chapter lessons in my math class that I can download but I would like to be able to doodle on the file itself.

Last edited:

Sean Z

Apr 2, 2013
Temecula
I've tried those apps, but they're not what I'm looking for. It doesn't have the scribbling capability where I can handwrite my own stuff on the file.

ChrisSG

Oct 7, 2013
Lecture Notes can hand write on PDFs (imported as images). If you want to hand write on a native searchable PDF, ezPDF does have that capability.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

muzzy996

Feb 4, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii
You could always open those in Hancom and select File-Save As PDF, and then open it in your PDF viewer of choice to annotate on it. PDF annotation on mobile viewers is sketchy, it works but performance and features vary depending on the software and complexity of the PDF you're annotating.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sean Z

Apr 2, 2013
Temecula
Yeah, what I've been using for now is the the Hancom app and I open the files through that then use my S-Pen and select "screen write" and I just do it from there. It would be much better if I find an app that does what the S-Pen is capable of without having to go to S-Notes to edit it

Ruqayyah

Aug 9, 2014
How to Scribble Notes

What you want to do is exactly why I bought the Note 12.2 and it is amazing!

Open your Word document in Hancom. Click "Insert" Then "Free Draw." Click on the arrow to reveal your choices.

Hover the stylus over "Line Weight" to choose the thickness of your pen. I like 6pt for jotting a few words and drawing arrows.

Then of course you can choose your colour. And away you go. You are writing directly on your Word document. The cool thing is that you can change the colour of your ink in two seconds, making it easy for you to colour code your notes.

If you make a mistake, you can scribble it out or use the undo arrow which will undo your scribbles the same way you can undo anything else in Word.

I would advise you to save OFTEN. Hancom has crashed on me a few times. I always "save as" with a new file name to my SD card as soon as I open the Word document in Hancom.

Also keep an eye on your screen. I've had my text randomly more to a different part of the page.

One last cool thing about opening a Word document in Hancom... If you want to add a long note or take notes during the lecture, when you are out of the free draw mode...after you save for example...just touch your stylus to the place in the document where you want the note. Then use your stylus at the bottom of the page to handwrite your notes and they will be converted to text right inside the document. You can change the colour and the font of your notes to distinguish them from the original ones.

Sorry if I wrote too much for my first post but the ability to easily (key word for MSP fans) use the stylus with a Word document makes this tablet completely unique.