CM9 on HTC legend?

Search This thread

qarpz

Feb 19, 2012
I just tried downloading a CM9 alpha for Legend named Cofface, hmm.
Anyone have a download link for it?
Saw a chinese link in the dev forum, but the download speed was too slow (10kb/s)

Stevemotto

Dec 21, 2011
Sydney
I believe there is already a rom that has ported ICS onto the legend but it has quite a few issues that have yet to be fixed, thus making it a less viable choice when finding a suitable rom/. However if you mean the CM 9 rom that will be released by Cyanogen mod team themselves, I have my doubts they are planning on making one for the legend. Keep our hopes up with the other awesome developers that are working on the roms for legend (if there still are any..)

JusTox

Nov 15, 2010
England
The closest to Ice Cream Sandwich on the HTC Legend is the alpha stage rom OP posted in development section.
If your asking whether Cyangenmod would be officially releasing CM9 based on ICS soon, the answer would be no. As iirc Cyanogenmod would be focusing on processors that are newer and a bit more powerful than the HTC Legends.

Cristian_berme

Jan 31, 2012
Madrid
ali ba, why you don't say something about zeubea's CM9? Seems like you still think that CM9 it's impossible in our Legends.

It's funny that HTC Said that was impossible to have a working Gingerbread ROM in our Legends, and you just make the best Gingerbread ROM, and now you say that it impossible to have a working ICS ROM on our Legends, and Zeubea makes a working ROM :D:D:D:D:D

mph_aut

Dec 6, 2010
i didn't intend my former post to be provocative/degrading in any form. to the contrary, i am very grateful for what ali ba has done & achieved for us legend users!

i just wanted to ask if the recent progress by zeubea, in bringing ics pretty smoothly running with hw acceleration onto the legend & getting all the other hardware components pretty much sorted, could enable official cm9 support for the legend...

Stevemotto

Dec 21, 2011
Sydney
ali ba, why you don't say something about zeubea's CM9? Seems like you still think that CM9 it's impossible in our Legends.

It's funny that HTC Said that was impossible to have a working Gingerbread ROM in our Legends, and you just make the best Gingerbread ROM, and now you say that it impossible to have a working ICS ROM on our Legends, and Zeubea makes a working ROM :D:D:D:D:D

Ali ba rarely hangs around xda anymore so you won't be hearing much from him :p

Sent from my Legend using xda premium

Last edited:

Stevemotto

Dec 21, 2011
Sydney
i didn't intend my former post to be provocative/degrading in any form. to the contrary, i am very grateful for what ali ba has done & achieved for us legend users!

i just wanted to ask if the recent progress by zeubea, in bringing ics pretty smoothly running with hw acceleration onto the legend & getting all the other hardware components pretty much sorted, could enable official cm9 support for the legend...

Tbh I doubt the cyanogen mod team would bother making an official cm9 rom for the legend since they have made it very clear that they wont support devices with low ram. But you never know, a miracle might happen ;)

Last edited:

ranger4740

Jan 17, 2011
Melbourne
I would just like to point out Ali ba didn't actually say ics can't run on legend, if he did I must have missed that post. He said that he already made an ics port for his legend and it didn't run very good, no drivers for GPS,wifi etc and that he'd have to use froyo and/or gingerbread drivers which he didn't want to do, or release a rom that was cobbled together from hacks, or words to that effect.
I also recall that he made mention that ics he made would have been no better than an ics themed froyo or gingerbread O/S.

sent from my legend, currently using zeubea ics beta0

Last edited:

Stevemotto

Dec 21, 2011
Sydney
I would just like to point out Ali ba didn't actually say ics can't run on legend, if he did I must have missed that post. He said that he already made an ics port for his legend and it didn't run very good, no drivers for GPS,wifi etc and that he'd have to use froyo and/or gingerbread drivers which he didn't want to do, or release a rom that was cobbled together from hacks, or words to that effect.
I also recall that he made mention that ics he made would have been no better than an ics themed froyo or gingerbread O/S.

+1

homi3kh

Jul 3, 2010
Phnom Penh
www.facebook.com

agreed, he just mean that he doesn't want to release anything that is half baked or fully stable, he doesn't want to hurt his reputation to release something like that. and i'm glad Zeabea shows up and take his time and afford in making ICS for our legend, and I got to say Zeabea ROM is good enough, and I can use it for daily uses what more can u ask for? :D if we still believe and work hard for it, anything is possible. That's why human is the dominance species for a reason. We man a lots of miracles, discovery many unbelievable things. ^^

Reactions: ranger4740

Cristian_berme

Jan 31, 2012
Madrid

I know what he said, and he said that, unless there's a miracle, we won't have an stable ICS ROM on our Legends.
What I tried to say is that he said we wont see an STABLE ICS ROM, I know it's possible to run all android versions on our Legend (Including Honeycomb), but the problem it's to make an stable rom.
And don't get me wrong, I like all the good work ali ba made with CM7 just because we won't pay him to do that. And if he thinks that it's impossible to have a good ICS ROM on our Legends, I respect his opinion.

cajhin

Jan 5, 2006
official CM != stable ICS

I know what he said, and he said that, unless there's a miracle, we won't have an stable ICS ROM on our Legends.

No, he didn't. He guessed there won't be *an official CM9*, which is something different.

I'm not an expert on CM decision making, but here's my take: to be included, CM9 on the Legend would need to be stable AND high quality.
(in the bad old days, I tried several WinMo4/5/6 ROMs which were a) stable and b) awful, full of flaws and sloppy design details that would probably get an Apple dev fired).

Ali Ba's CM7.1 changed my opinion on hobby ROMs; it's so polished, I think HTC should OTA it as the official ROM for all Legend users. Thanks again.

I haven't tried zeuba's ROM yet (still too experimental for me), but I hope this will lead to a high-quality ICS ROM, too. No idea if/how/when it will be made official by CM.
(note to self: gotta send that dude a donation, he's really spending a lot of time, and making serious progress; good for all of us).

Does anyone know if something (drivers, ram,...) fundamentally compromises ICS on Legend (like "max 10 apps installable"), or could it become really slick (like ICS on One V) if a reasonable amount of work is put into it?

zabaknilesh

Dec 27, 2008
Mumbai
No, he didn't. He guessed there won't be *an official CM9*, which is something different.

I'm not an expert on CM decision making, but here's my take: to be included, CM9 on the Legend would need to be stable AND high quality.
(in the bad old days, I tried several WinMo4/5/6 ROMs which were a) stable and b) awful, full of flaws and sloppy design details that would probably get an Apple dev fired).

Ali Ba's CM7.1 changed my opinion on hobby ROMs; it's so polished, I think HTC should OTA it as the official ROM for all Legend users. Thanks again.

I haven't tried zeuba's ROM yet (still too experimental for me), but I hope this will lead to a high-quality ICS ROM, too. No idea if/how/when it will be made official by CM.
(note to self: gotta send that dude a donation, he's really spending a lot of time, and making serious progress; good for all of us).

Does anyone know if something (drivers, ram,...) fundamentally compromises ICS on Legend (like "max 10 apps installable"), or could it become really slick (like ICS on One V) if a reasonable amount of work is put into it?

now Zeubea's rom is no more experimental. Its stable usable beta 1.

--- http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1562595

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

agreed, he just mean that he doesn't want to release anything that is half baked or fully stable, he doesn't want to hurt his reputation to release something like that. and i'm glad Zeabea shows up and take his time and afford in making ICS for our legend, and I got to say Zeabea ROM is good enough, and I can use it for daily uses what more can u ask for? :D if we still believe and work hard for it, anything is possible. That's why human is the dominance species for a reason. We man a lots of miracles, discovery many unbelievable things. ^^