Icons for stock launcher. No root.

Search This thread

tp2215

Oct 2, 2010
Orlando
Using this on my S5 and its a pretty light app that does one thing......changes your icons in TouchWiz home!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...errer=utm_source=inviter&utm_content=R5DLBJEH

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Actually, the s5 has built in support for themes that (for some reason) was removed from the final version. Try this (if your rooted)...

Download the attachment below.
Put the apk in system/app folder using a file manager and reboot
Using a third party launcher, create a shortcut (normally longpress/shortcuts/activities) to the thememanagerlist activity and click!

Im working on trying to modify the launcher to include an option to launch the theme manager from the launcher settings. Unsuccessful so far though.

EDIT: you can download tons of themes that work with it by searching the note3 and s4 forums.

Last edited:

aooga

Feb 19, 2011
California
Actually, the s5 has built in support for themes that (for some reason) was removed from the final version. Try this (if your rooted)...

Using a third party launcher, create a shortcut (normally longpress/shortcuts/activities) to the thememanagerlist activity and click!

Im working on trying to modify the launcher to include an option to launch the theme manager from the launcher settings. Unsuccessful so far though.

EDIT: you can download tons of themes that work with it by searching the note3 and s4 forums.

You forgot the attachment. :p I usually never ask this, but do you have a link to the themes? I can't seem to tell which ones work with this.

Skyrocket2

Sep 21, 2012

Thanks tp for the instructions. I was looking around for this to use on my stock rom, but wasn't sure how to do this. What third party launcher do you recommend? Would Nova work? Also, I am not clear on when you said to create a shortcut (normally long press/shortcuts/activities) to the theme managerlist activity? Can you please explain?

Also, do you have a stock kernel in a flashable zip format available? Please share if you do. I want to try some kernels for the T-Mobile variant, but want to revert back to stock in case I didn't like it.

As always, thanks for all your help! Great job with the Infinity rom btw, :good:

tp2215

Oct 2, 2010
Orlando
Thanks tp for the instructions. I was looking around for this to use on my stock rom, but wasn't sure how to do this. What third party launcher do you recommend? Would Nova work? Also, I am not clear on when you said to create a shortcut (normally long press/shortcuts/activities) to the theme managerlist activity? Can you please explain?

Also, do you have a stock kernel in a flashable zip format available? Please share if you do. I want to try some kernels for the T-Mobile variant, but want to revert back to stock in case I didn't like it.

As always, thanks for all your help! Great job with the Infinity rom btw, :good:

Thanks! btw, the themes app is in the rom if you are using project infinity. I just havent created a link to it in settings yet. I use Nova launcher, long press on the desktop and then select shortcuts/activities and then scroll down until you see theme manager, expand it and select the only activity that appears. It will create a shortcut on the desktop. Just click the shortcut to access the theme settings. In a future build of PI this will be built in.

Reactions: Skyrocket2

Skyrocket2

Sep 21, 2012
Thanks! btw, the themes app is in the rom if you are using project infinity. I just havent created a link to it in settings yet. I use Nova launcher, long press on the desktop and then select shortcuts/activities and then scroll down until you see theme manager, expand it and select the only activity that appears. It will create a shortcut on the desktop. Just click the shortcut to access the theme settings. In a future build of PI this will be built in.

thanks for the tip. tried but the themes didn't worked for me using nova launcher. i downloaded one of themes from N3 thread and chose this theme, but it only changed the wallpapers on homescreen and lockscreen. The icons didn't get changed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Oops sorry, here ya go https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxVhzq-d-t3fMGxaRWZZbFBMME0/edit?usp=sharing

Just search around for touchwiz themes, they are installed like normal apks. There are thread directories on the note 3 and s4 forums.