Unlocking Mistake now stuck

Search This thread

magicbumm328

Dec 8, 2011
I was attempting to unlock the bootloader on my AT&T HTC One M8 and when you press power and vol down and you go to select fastboot...well my finger accidentally slipped and I hit the option below that. I do not remember what it is but now I have a red phone with a triangle and exclamation point in it on my screen that I can't get rid off.

Help please!

Issue resolved figured out how to advance recovery mode. Thanks in advance

Last edited:

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
Glad you found the solution. But for the benefit of others, the red exclamation point is stock recovery. To enter recovery options menu from there, I believe you press power+vol up.

Not sure if there is a reboot option from there. But at any point AFAIK you can also hold power+vol up (for several seconds) to reboot the phone.

magicbumm328

Dec 8, 2011
Thank you! I found that the power + vol up is what got me into further settings. I have really only rooted Samsung devices so it was a little different and I panicked lol but I found that out and thank you for the other info about being able to reboot the phone I did not know that. But its all working well now and I have flashed a ROM and all. Thank you!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app