[SOLVED/GUIDE] ROOT & CM9 for Sumvsion Astro +, also MOMO9 and similar tablet devices

Search This thread

metalgearhathaway

Oct 6, 2009
Cookley
[SOLVED/GUIDE] ROOT & CM9 for Sumvsion Astro +, also MOMO9 and similar tablet devices

Thank god, I have finally done it! My Sumvision Astro is now rooted and has CM9 running!

Other similar tablets are also supported, i.e MOMO9, read on to step 3 and look at second url for cm9 patched devices!

GUIDE:

1) Download and use sausage mod:

http://www.mediafire.com/?i62w0lws6c73gq0

Use option 5!

If you get stuck read through Sausages info:

http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/29916-scriptmod-for-allwinner-a1x-platforms/

2) To Enter CWM from powered down state, hold Volume Down & Menu and then press power button for 5 seconds and release it keeping both Vol Down and Menu held down, then when the screen back light comes on release Vol Down, then two seconds later release Menu, you will now enter CWM!

3) Grab latest Rom & Device Specific patch from here, in this case we want MOMO9, but there is also support for other devices as well!

http://www.androidfilehost.com/main/Allwinner_A10_Developers/christiantroy/roms/

http://www.androidfilehost.com/main/Allwinner_A10_Developers/christiantroy/misc/1.2.x/

4) Install CM9 first, then momo9 patch, reboot, all done!

5) You can now boot into your rooted device with CM9, and in future you can select reboot from te power menu with direct reboot to CWM :)

Enjoy!

Last edited:

chris5s

Thanks for the info here, looks like good stuff.
However, in recovery mode my volume buttons don't respond so I cant select any options.
Also, running SausageMod in recovery, the device isn't recognised.....
Any ideas?

Thanks again for the post.

Peace.

Sent from my tablet using fingers n thumbs

Reactions: brown3285

metalgearhathaway

Oct 6, 2009
Cookley
Excellent, glad you managed to get it all done, apologies I never saw your original post so pleased you got it all solved :)

Is it an Astro or Momo9 device you are using as a matter of interest?

All the best :)

Reactions: chris5s

podge3

Aug 17, 2012
CM9 installed OK but I am getting an error (signature verification failed) when I try to install the Momo9 patch.

The tab will boot to CM9 but I have no touchscreen response.

chris5s

Excellent, glad you managed to get it all done, apologies I never saw your original post so pleased you got it all solved :)

Is it an Astro or Momo9 device you are using as a matter of interest?

All the best :)

Its an Astro, Sumvision, bought from ebuyer if I remember correctly ...
Having it rooted is giving my hd2 a temporary break .... not for long tho!
I would like to add a menu button to the soft keys, but can't seem to find a way to do it ... any ideas??

Peace

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium HD app

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

CM9 installed OK but I am getting an error (signature verification failed) when I try to install the Momo9 patch.

The tab will boot to CM9 but I have no touchscreen response.

Maybe try downloading the patch again, sounds like a corrupted file?
Peace

Sent from my tablet using XDA Premium HD app

metalgearhathaway

Oct 6, 2009
Cookley

The tab will boot to CM9 but I have no touchscreen response.]

Which model are you using? Mine is an Astro+, there are couple of variants, so it may vary, unless you have already resolved the issue?

Let me know :)

podge3

Aug 17, 2012
Maybe try downloading the patch again, sounds like a corrupted file?
Peace

Sent from my tablet using XDA Premium HD app

Which model are you using? Mine is an Astro+, there are couple of variants, so it may vary, unless you have already resolved the issue?

Let me know :)
Thanks for the replies.

My tab is an 8Gb Astro+. It works fine on stock firmware and I have also ran a few scripts which have improved the overall performance a bit.

I think my main problem is that CWM 5 is causing problems on my device. I can flash CWN fine and boot into it. I can also flash the update zips but the tab will not reboot. It just gets to a black screen and hangs. Thankfully I can reflash it with the stock ROM and its fine again.

I get the "signature verification failed" when I use the stock recovery, not in CWM.

I have tried this now with several different CWM5 sources but it just will not work for me :crying:

podge3

Aug 17, 2012
stswher unoffending

OK, I got it sorted :victory:

I must have tried CWM a dozen times and it didn't work. I came across this thread (h t t p : / / scrolltabletforum.co.uk/site/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=3012&start=20) and I installed both the 4.0.3 img and the 4.0.4 update.

The 4.0.3 img installed a version of CWM that worked on my tab. I'm now running CM10 and my tab is flying :good:.

Last edited:

proteored

Sep 3, 2010
Sumvision Astro+

I got mine of ebuyer a couple of weeks back now only 70 GBP. It was unresponsive, slow and rotation didn't work, luckily spotted a new firmware dated 11th Sept on the Sumvision site. Applied the update and miles better now, it also shows as Android 4.0.4 now. Video playback on my TV via HDMI is excellent, far better than the little square that my ipad produced. Its a bit slow unless you shut down open apps regularly and battery is more like 3hrs not 10 but its been a better than expected experience so far.

Wondering what CM9 does and if anyone has upgraded the device to Jelly Bean?

metalgearhathaway

Oct 6, 2009
Cookley
This JB rom is way better than the 4.0.4 update, don't forget you can always backup your current rom prior to installing a custom rom, so as long as you know what you are doing the risks are minimal :)

veto101

Sep 23, 2009
Evening all,

I'm trying to get CM10 on my Sumvision Astro + but running into a slight problem. I have managed to get CWM installed but when I try and install from internal sdcard it says "no files found".

any ideas?

Ta
Veto

veto101

Sep 23, 2009
Scratch that!
I managed to get it working using an external sd card instead of the internal one.

Had to do it in this order though CM10>momo9 Compatibilty patch>GAPPS.

Tried CM10>GAPPS>momo9 Compatibilty patch but the touchscreen didnt work!

Everything is working fine now!!

chris5s

There's also a small zip file which you can flash in recovery which allows access to zip files on the internal memory. I had to do this to flash zips stored internally.

Peace

Sent from my "Nexus 7", yeah right!, using XDA Premium HD app

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------

BTW, anyone had any luck getting device recognised on Win 7 64 bit? When i connect to my laptop I get some very strange behaviour, screen flashes, random touchscreen responses without me touching it, etc.

Peace guys

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

chris5s

Also, any of you guys have trouble with internal storage being mounted?
Initially it seemed fine but now I get error message saying sdcard is corrupted and can't be mounted, won't format or anything.

Cheers

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

Top Liked Posts