Note 3 + Note 10.1 (2014) or S4 + Note 8.0

Search This thread

jcg11

Aug 2, 2012
Moved to the Q&A section, please reply there. (not sure how to delete)

Not sure what I want to do here. I currently have a Galaxy S3 and a Tab 7.7. I am somewhat happy with the setup, but I have an upgrade coming and know I want to have a member of the Note family. I run my own HVAC company and I am out on the jobsite doing a lot of estimates during the week. I have been wanting to streamline more of my jobsite notes from a tablet to my laptop/desktop. I was hoping for Tab 7.7 to help with a lot of that but it has fallen short of being easy enough to use. I find myself still taking notes on paper and converting to my computer once I get home. The Tab has been regulated to more of toy (which has been great) instead of a useful tool.

I really like the form factor of the 7.7 though. I use it for a Kindle app to do reading, although only at night. I have an older Kindle Touch which is great during the day but at night or in low light I find myself reach for my 7.7 more. I am thinking about getting the new Kindle Paperwhite depending on what I upgrade to.

I really like the form factor of the Note 8.0, but compared to the 2014 10.1 it is seriously lacking specs. The positive on this, is I could probably pick one up for half the cost of the 10.1. Plus I feel that if I get the Note 3 there isn't going to be much of a difference between both devices. I am also a bit apprehensive about having such a large phone.

I know I am all over the board here, but let me know what you think.

Thanks.

Last edited:

cz.marcin

Oct 13, 2010
I had N4 and changed it to N3, very happy with that decision. N3 is much better, brilliant screen and good size as i am carrying 2 phones in one pocket :)

justin94

Oct 31, 2010
I'm running with my note 3 and note 8.0 tablet. If and when the note 8.9 pro (maybe diff name?) I plan on switching to that. The 10.1 may be to took for the job site. I use my 8 to take notes at school and it still works great for media.

If I'm not able to get to my tablet I can use my note 3 really quick and sync notes when I need to.

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app

jcg11

Aug 2, 2012
I'm running with my note 3 and note 8.0 tablet. If and when the note 8.9 pro (maybe diff name?) I plan on switching to that. The 10.1 may be to took for the job site. I use my 8 to take notes at school and it still works great for media.

If I'm not able to get to my tablet I can use my note 3 really quick and sync notes when I need to.

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app

Thanks for the fast responses!

I heard there are issues with the Note 3 syncing notes with the other note family. Is this true?

jcg11

Aug 2, 2012
Just realized I probably posted this in the wrong forum. I am going to move to the Q&A section.

Thanks.

Msburnz

Feb 6, 2014
Note 8.0 and s4

I have the note 8.0 and s4.they sync well together with the Samsung link app. The s-notes on the note 8.0 syncs with the s - memos on the s4.this is a great feature. I think the 10.0 may be too big for you on the job. The 8.0 is the perfect size and not too heavy to carry around. You can take notes on your phone and they sync right to your tab of vise versa. I had both the note 8.0 tab and the note 2 phone at one point and ended up giving my husband the phone for the s4...they are basically the same thing.