Next phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

rossida

Dec 25, 2012
Hey guys. So my upgrade will be in March which isn't far away and I'm looking for a new phone. I'm very disappointed with the gs4 on Verizon since the bootloader is locked. Yes, I have safestrap but I love AOSP vs Touchwiz. I've looked up some phones coming out this year such as gs5 and HTC one+ (m8). I really liked the design of the HTC one and wish I bought that over the gs4. Just wondering what you guys would get next. The gs5 or something different since i almost feel like Samsung is following apple's tracks. Also do you even like the gs4? Let me know what you all think..

gnubian

Mar 15, 2012
Asheville
Hey guys. So my upgrade will be in March which isn't far away and I'm looking for a new phone. I'm very disappointed with the gs4 on Verizon since the bootloader is locked. Yes, I have safestrap but I love AOSP vs Touchwiz. I've looked up some phones coming out this year such as gs5 and HTC one+ (m8). I really liked the design of the HTC one and wish I bought that over the gs4. Just wondering what you guys would get next. The gs5 or something different since i almost feel like Samsung is following apple's tracks. Also do you even like the gs4? Let me know what you all think..

Love the GS4 (besides the whole bootloader lock down) but I'd be willing to wager that the gs5 will be just as if not more locked down.

R

richii0207

Love what S4...what bootloader? I had my best times with the DX and its locked bootloader. This whole BL thing is so overblown with the S4. Repetitive threads and posts about it...it's like a broken record.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

tech_head

Don't like Samsung's attitude toward customers.
Probably won't buy another Samsung device. Like the device, don't like the company.
We'll see with the GS5. I doubt I'll bite.
Having the microSD support is compelling but, I can get by without it now that Meenova has the keychain USB-OTG adapter from microSD cards.
We'll see what LG and HTC come out with.
I like the Sony, but Verizon and Sony are like oil and water.

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
I'll probably stay with my MDK S4 that's on its way to me for a long while. If that one should break and I need a new one... Hard to say what I'd do. The S4 is awesome, and I'm sure the S5 will be an amazing phone, but like stated above, let's be honest, they're going to have that S5 locked up so tight its probably going to be hard to do anything on it.

If the G2 has the removable battery and external SD card, I'd be all over it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur
I'll probably stay with my MDK S4 that's on its way to me for a long while. If that one should break and I need a new one... Hard to say what I'd do. The S4 is awesome, and I'm sure the S5 will be an amazing phone, but like stated above, let's be honest, they're going to have that S5 locked up so tight its probably going to be hard to do anything on it.

I'll probably keep my s4 For 2 or 3 years...that's my usual period. Besides, the improvements become less and less.

safestrap enabled, Hyperdrive driven

Reactions: Mistertac
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I'll probably keep my s4 For 2 or 3 years...that's my usual period. Besides, the improvements become less and less.

safestrap enabled, Hyperdrive driven
    There be a sticky for these discussions...http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2406733