[TUTORIAL] Install Gaaps for Cyanogenmod7, Market and Google apps.

Search This thread

addemod

Jul 10, 2012
Better explained tutorial:

1. Get Cyanogenmod 7.x
2. Download to sdcard:
http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip
3. Reboot in recovery
4. Open your recovery tool
5. Install zip from sdcard and choose the gapps one
6. Reboot phone
7. Setup the gmail account.
8. Download the apps you want, market/Google play will be installed automatically.
9. Thank me if this is helpful or if I helped you! :)

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda premium

Last edited:

SocoNuma

Nov 3, 2012
AW: [TUTORIAL] Install Gaaps for Cyanogenmod7, Market and Google apps.

Some ROMs have their own recommended GApps so check first in your ROMs thread. If not, you can just browse goo.im for the latest GApps. Make sure, it's the right package for your Android version. Jb = jellybean, gb = gingerbread. For the flashing you can follow the guide above.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

koonlay

Mar 29, 2011
Lagos
Thank you.

I will be an ungrateful dude if I do not thank you for this download. I was on Jelly bean on Lg P500 but had to downgrade to Gingerbread because I was not enjoying it much. But when I did, google apps was missing, and you provided a solution.
Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!
Please will you marry meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Haha!!!:highfive::D:D

Reactions: addemod

dwinovax

Aug 14, 2011
Gawd I installed it a couple of times over. Didn't get Google now to work the first time. Now my /system folder is maxed out. Any idea what I could delete?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

v_nejohn

Feb 5, 2014
i have carried out the instructions above (thanks for those) but still don't have google play on my phone, any advice?

cheers

vinpilu

Dec 31, 2010
Budapest
Using a file explorer, navigate to system/app. Is Play Store there?

I have the same problem and yes, using a file explorer there is no Play store at system/app.
Is it possible that there is no Play store or Market until I setup a google account on the device (because at the moment I'm right after factory reset, so there is nothing on the phone)?

jmcclue

Apr 3, 2012
I have the same problem and yes, using a file explorer there is no Play store at system/app.
Is it possible that there is no Play store or Market until I setup a google account on the device (because at the moment I'm right after factory reset, so there is nothing on the phone)?

Just google search latest play store xda. Ul find the app then just download and install like any other app

Reactions: vinpilu

vinpilu

Dec 31, 2010
Budapest
Just google search latest play store xda. Ul find the app then just download and install like any other app

I downloaded the proper gapps, boot into recovery, wipe cache, wipe data / factory reset, install gapps, reboot. Then now it's working. I don't know what happened previously after the first factory reset (it was from the menu, not from recovery).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Better explained tutorial:

1. Get Cyanogenmod 7.x
    2. Download to sdcard:
    http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip
    3. Reboot in recovery
    4. Open your recovery tool
    5. Install zip from sdcard and choose the gapps one
    6. Reboot phone
    7. Setup the gmail account.
    8. Download the apps you want, market/Google play will be installed automatically.
    9. Thank me if this is helpful or if I helped you! :)

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda premium
    AW: [TUTORIAL] Install Gaaps for Cyanogenmod7, Market and Google apps.

Some ROMs have their own recommended GApps so check first in your ROMs thread. If not, you can just browse goo.im for the latest GApps. Make sure, it's the right package for your Android version. Jb = jellybean, gb = gingerbread. For the flashing you can follow the guide above.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
    Thank you.

I will be an ungrateful dude if I do not thank you for this download. I was on Jelly bean on Lg P500 but had to downgrade to Gingerbread because I was not enjoying it much. But when I did, google apps was missing, and you provided a solution.
    Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!
    Please will you marry meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Haha!!!:highfive::D:D