Screen wake up issue ?

Search This thread

Jooosty

Nov 26, 2011
My wife's S5 fails to wake up after multiple home button or side button presses. Sometimes takes a lot of tries!

Anyone else ?

HTC UltimEight ??

reopeadres

Nov 13, 2011
Had the same issue this morning. Took a minute for it to come on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using xda app-developers app

Br4nd3n

Sep 20, 2013
I did notice a HUGE decrease in wake-up performance while messing with the lockscreen "effects". It seems either using no effect to unlock it, or the watercooler is the fastest (which I like the best anyway).

Also, try turning off the help information and the additional information (such as the weather). The lockscreen weather will effect wake-up time due to it trying to refresh when you wake-up the phone.

nizbot

Oct 4, 2010
I experienced this issue running ART. Been on dalvik since last night and haven't noticed it yet, but it hasn't been long enough to be definitive.

Jooosty

Nov 26, 2011
Wow you guys are onto something.

I indeed switched to ART.

Well going back to dalvik to see if it stops.

Thanks guys

HTC UltimEight ??

Reactions: nizbot

delawaredrew

Dec 13, 2010
Olympia, WA
My wife's S5 fails to wake up after multiple home button or side button presses. Sometimes takes a lot of tries!

Anyone else ?

HTC UltimEight ??

2 days with mine and I have noticed this several times, some KK custom ROMs had a similar issue so it didn't really faze me but it shouldn't be there on a factory ROM. It has always come on after 2-3 pushes but again this is a brand new totally stock device so WTF?
It seems like there is a slight delay between button push and screen light up so pushing it the 2nd time actually turns it off. If I wait a very long second it lights up without multiple pushes.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Wow you guys are onto something.

I indeed switched to ART.

Well going back to dalvik to see if it stops.

Thanks guys

HTC UltimEight ??