Nova vs. Touchwiz?

Search This thread

thegame2388

Sep 1, 2010
The phone comes with TW obviously but I just switched to Nova since it allows you to use a 5x4 icon configuration on all your home screens.

But apart from that, is Nova better or should I go back to TW?

MrSamEpic

Aug 2, 2011
Raleigh
I agree. Nova Prime has been my overall favorite. There are a lot of options to tweak your home and drawer screens...and more. Here's a quick example:

Sent using my SGS5 w/Ttalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1397576719753.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1397576719753.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 388
Last edited:

sleshepic

Inactive Recognized Themer
Oct 18, 2011
PA
Ive always been an apex guy, dont ask we why specifically as it is very close to Nova, but I use Alex Pro personally and include Apex free in all my roms.
So check out apex as an option as well I would say

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

jonkempato

Feb 1, 2009
Atlanta
I have always been a Nova Prime person, but since the S5, I made the switch to touchwiz because I wanted to keep the Google Now always listening. So far, I am pretty happy...it offers folders and such that the Google Now Launcher does not yet offer.

lilflip21

Feb 18, 2009
Rochester, MN
t.co
Nova Prime

Nova Prime user for last year or so.. Used TW for few days to try it out but couldn't wait to get back to Nova just for all the customization options I use 7x5 home screen and app drawer grids, 6 icons on dock instead of 4, custom gestures, and it's nice to be able to backup and restore home screen setup after flashing new ROMS..

My personal opinion yours will vary..
Nova Prime>Apex>Google Now Launcher>Sense>TouchWiz

Last edited:

MrSamEpic

Aug 2, 2011
Raleigh
Prime offers more useful options to the mix...not things that are useless like some apps when you buy the "paid" version.

thegame2388

Sep 1, 2010
Prime offers more useful options to the mix...not things that are useless like some apps when you buy the "paid" version.

Another random question, but how do I put a shortcut to the settings menu? For example, I want to check the "battery page" of the settings menu (but make that into a shortcut and place it on the homescreen). You could do that on the S3 with Nova but "settings" is now NOT part of the shortcuts menu when you long-press.

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
Just my two cents,

I have been using Apex Pro ever since I owned an Android device. Used Nova, very similiar, did like it, but had already paid for Apex so I stuck with it.