Stuck on 4.1.2 can't update to Sense 6/4.4, Three UK Unlocked Stock ROM

Search This thread

Anzzle

Aug 4, 2011
Hi everyone,

I've just bought an used HTC One M7 that was locked to Three UK but I managed to get it unlocked via a code from ebay. The phone is on 4.1.2 and the recovery mode shows S-ON, LOCKED so I'm guessing its all stock. The CID is H3G_001 and the OTA updater keeps saying that I'm already on the latest update. The phone isn't rooted either. I've already tried resetting to factory settings but that didn't help. I've had a look at RUU's but couldn't find anything for Three UK/H3G_001.

Could anyone tell me how I could get the Sense 6 update? I've tried clearing the data/cache in the updater and google services framework but still nothing. I don't want to tamper with the bootloader etc if possible.

Thanks,
Anthony

majmoz

Oct 18, 2010
Sonoita
Hi everyone,

I've just bought an used HTC One M7 that was locked to Three UK but I managed to get it unlocked via a code from ebay. The phone is on 4.1.2 and the recovery mode shows S-ON, LOCKED so I'm guessing its all stock. The CID is H3G_001 and the OTA updater keeps saying that I'm already on the latest update. The phone isn't rooted either. I've already tried resetting to factory settings but that didn't help. I've had a look at RUU's but couldn't find anything for Three UK/H3G_001.

Could anyone tell me how I could get the Sense 6 update? I've tried clearing the data/cache in the updater and google services framework but still nothing. I don't want to tamper with the bootloader etc if possible.

Thanks,
Anthony
Updates are dependent on the carrier for carrier locked phones. It is possible that H3G has not updated their phone. A lot of people will S-OFF their phone to change their CID & MID to get the updates quicker by going to either the Int'l (.401) version or the DevEd (.1540) version which are updated directly from HTC. Your version is .771. For carrier updates, you must remain on the carrier's network to receive them. Check with H3G to see if an update is available and when or if you can expect to receive it.

Reactions: theevildevil

Anzzle

Aug 4, 2011
Updates are dependent on the carrier for carrier locked phones. It is possible that H3G has not updated their phone. A lot of people will S-OFF their phone to change their CID & MID to get the updates quicker by going to either the Int'l (.401) version or the DevEd (.1540) version which are updated directly from HTC. Your version is .771. For carrier updates, you must remain on the carrier's network to receive them. Check with H3G to see if an update is available and when or if you can expect to receive it.

Hey there, thanks for your reply.

I've had a look around the internet and I've found the OTA update zip for my phone from 4.1.2 to 4.2 (1.28.771 to 2.24.771), then another one OTA zip for 4.2 to 4.3 (2.24.771 to 3.62.771). However the issue now is, I can't flash it using the stock recovery as I have S-ON I believe and it throws back an "invalid operation" error when I try to apply an update via internal storage. I'm trying to get S-OFF but I'm not having any luck at the moment, as ideally I don't want to mess with the bootloader. I'll give it another go tomorrow, given up for tonight.

The phone is for my brother and he's fine with 4.1.2/Sense 5 tbh but would like Sense 6 features if possible. :confused:

Seanie280672

Feb 27, 2012
Halesowen

I've had a look around the internet and I've found the OTA update zip for my phone from 4.1.2 to 4.2 (1.28.771 to 2.24.771), then another one OTA zip for 4.2 to 4.3 (2.24.771 to 3.62.771). However the issue now is, I can't flash it using the stock recovery as I have S-ON I believe and it throws back an "invalid operation" error when I try to apply an update via internal storage. I'm trying to get S-OFF but I'm not having any luck at the moment, as ideally I don't want to mess with the bootloader. I'll give it another go tomorrow, given up for tonight.

The phone is for my brother and he's fine with 4.1.2/Sense 5 tbh but would like Sense 6 features if possible. :confused:

if you don't want to mess with the bootloader then try Sunshine to s-off: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=53624322

majmoz

Oct 18, 2010
Sonoita

OTA update is flashed in stock recovery. Here is a post explaining the OTA process. This post might explain what you are missing for the OTA to work. I think you must select from "internal storage" instead of "sdcard" when you install the OTA.

Anzzle

Aug 4, 2011
OTA update is flashed in stock recovery. Here is a post explaining the OTA process. This post might explain what you are missing for the OTA to work. I think you must select from "internal storage" instead of "sdcard" when you install the OTA.

I've tried following the process but it just gives a "Invalid Operation" message when ever I select from Internal Storage. I'm losing patience with this, why can't OTA just work.

Thanks for your help anyways.

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
I've tried following the process but it just gives a "Invalid Operation" message when ever I select from Internal Storage. I'm losing patience with this, why can't OTA just work.

you can't manually flash ota with a s-on phone, only s-off.

majmoz

Oct 18, 2010
Sonoita

Try following this post. Make sure that your version number matches exactly the second version in the file name. Change the name to "update.zip" and place in the SDCARD.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone,

Thanks,
    Anthony