[Q] ICS Personal Profile - ME Contact

Search This thread

HoneyNutz

Jun 23, 2011
Arlington, VA
Where is the "ME" Profile stored and how is it linked?

On gingerbread, I ended up having a contact slot filled by myself with all my information that helped fill out my GCHAT contact info and was linked to my G+ account.. ICS now adds a "ME" contact that acts as my personal profile. This contact doesnt seem to link to G+ and doesnt transfer back to google contacts. So my question is where is this stored and how can i get it to link back to G+?

ikermadrid

Aug 16, 2008
Any new noticie about this?

I´m trying to understand this issue. If I create a new contact with my google+ email "me contact" sync with the new data but don`t erase old data...

Yakumo.unr

Sep 4, 2010
This 'ME' account is very annoying.
It doesn't sync with anything.
It isn't attached in any way to the google account the phone is registered to!
You can't join it to your actual active contact with your accounts, and you can't delete it!

You can't avoid using it if you want an avatar for yourself in your SMS messages :( I want that to come from my google or FB accounts on sync!

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

Fixed, installed Google+ it syncs everything from that immediately.

Removed the other contact with my name.

lordJudass

Dec 3, 2009
Corona NY
Sorry for resurrect this very old thread but I have a question, I really hate this "Me" contact, because I cannot join it with other accounts such as Last.fm or Whatsapp, I did try to delete it and create a new contact for myself but it didn't link it to my G+ stuff, Is there any way to join this "me" contact with other services accounts?

I'm trying to solve this for weeks now and there is no information about it.

nitrowing

Dec 1, 2011
Cleethorpes
Sorry for resurrect this very old thread but I have a question, I really hate this "Me" contact, because I cannot join it with other accounts such as Last.fm or Whatsapp, I did try to delete it and create a new contact for myself but it didn't link it to my G+ stuff, Is there any way to join this "me" contact with other services accounts?

I'm trying to solve this for weeks now and there is no information about it.

It's purely linked to your G+ if you sign out or disable of G+ on your mobile, your Me details will vanish apart from the items you manually input.

Utterly useless and very annoying.

boboman13

Aug 28, 2012
New York
To clarify, I've had a contact in my gmail account for years with all of my personal information, but this is entirely separate from the info in G+ profile and therefore cannot be linked to the "ME" contact? The ME contact only syncs with the G+ account? So if I put my personal information in Google+ as opposed to having a gmail contact, if I am not logged in or synced with G+ my personal information won't be on the phone?

I looked in accounts and there seems to be a distinction between google (gmail) contacts and google+ contacts.

Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This 'ME' account is very annoying.
    It doesn't sync with anything.
    It isn't attached in any way to the google account the phone is registered to!
    You can't join it to your actual active contact with your accounts, and you can't delete it!

You can't avoid using it if you want an avatar for yourself in your SMS messages :( I want that to come from my google or FB accounts on sync!

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

Fixed, installed Google+ it syncs everything from that immediately.

Removed the other contact with my name.