Bricked HTC One M8 & Want to unroot to make it stock

Search This thread

rmustafa11

Jul 9, 2014
North Lauderdale
So I bricked my phone. It just stays on the white htc page and doesn't move. It's the tmobile htc one m8. I just purchased it from someone today and he had the sinless rom on it. How do I unblock this phone and how do I restore it to stock sense 6 for tmobile. Please help ASAP! I have no phone to use!

an0ther

Sep 21, 2013
So I bricked my phone. It just stays on the white htc page and doesn't move. It's the tmobile htc one m8. I just purchased it from someone today and he had the sinless rom on it. How do I unblock this phone and how do I restore it to stock sense 6 for tmobile. Please help ASAP! I have no phone to use!

Unplug phone. Power on. Hold vol up and power for exactly 10 sec. Let go of both. Hold vol down and power to enter bootloader. Usually about 3 seconds. Then look for guide on stock backups.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: SHOOii

BerndM14

Apr 8, 2014
I lied. I didn't brick my phone but it's just stuck on the white htc screen. What do I do and how do I get my phone to work again.

Like he said, Press and hold Volume UP + Power Button for exactly 10 seconds and then press and hold Volume DOWN + Power button to enter into bootloader. From there you can either reflash a ROM or go back to stock.

If it's frozen there then you can only press and hold Volume UP + Power button (But not the whole time, just for 10 seconds) it "simulates" a battery pull on the device and will reboot. Make sure device is not connected to PC though.

pixelsquish

Oct 24, 2007
I lied. I didn't brick my phone but it's just stuck on the white htc screen. What do I do and how do I get my phone to work again.

hold the power button down and the volume up button at the same time for like 10 seconds or until the phone starts to reboot. as soon as the screen goes black switch to holding the volume down button.

you should get into recovery like that. if so you can fix yer phone. try it and report back.

rmustafa11

Jul 9, 2014
North Lauderdale
Like he said, Press and hold Volume UP + Power Button for exactly 10 seconds and then press and hold Volume DOWN + Power button to enter into bootloader. From there you can either reflash a ROM or go back to stock.

If it's frozen there then you can only press and hold Volume UP + Power button (But not the whole time, just for 10 seconds) it "simulates" a battery pull on the device and will reboot. Make sure device is not connected to PC though.

How do I go back to stock? I wiped my whole phone so there is no rom on it I am assuming because it just stays at the white htc screen if I reboot it.

BerndM14

Apr 8, 2014
How do I go back to stock? I wiped my whole phone so there is no rom on it I am assuming because it just stays at the white htc screen if I reboot it.

Well, which T-Mobile variant do you have? Do you know what the original software version on your device was? It'll make things easier...

Out of curiousity though, how did you wipe your entire phone if you're stuck at the boot screen? :confused:

rmustafa11

Jul 9, 2014
North Lauderdale
Well, which T-Mobile variant do you have? Do you know what the original software version on your device was? It'll make things easier...

Out of curiousity though, how did you wipe your entire phone if you're stuck at the boot screen? :confused:

I am a noob lol.... I just know it's from tmobile and not google play edition. I believe I have 4.4.2? I wiped everything before I was stuck at the boot loader screen. I just want to be able to use my phone again with it being how it came right out the box. I need like step by step instructions lol

BerndM14

Apr 8, 2014
I am a noob lol.... I just know it's from tmobile and not google play edition. I believe I have 4.4.2? I wiped everything before I was stuck at the boot loader screen. I just want to be able to use my phone again with it being how it came right out the box. I need like step by step instructions lol

Ok, where are you from then? Did you buy it from T-Mobile somewhere in the USA, T-Mobile Germany... T-Mobile Poland? T-Mobile Planet Jupiter?

Each of them have a different version number for the carrier/region x.xx.531.x , x.xx.111.x x.xx.118.x etc

If we can know that much we can look into finding the right stock version you require.

That aside, did you manage to get the device back into bootloader yet?

rmustafa11

Jul 9, 2014
North Lauderdale
Ok, where are you from then? Did you buy it from T-Mobile somewhere in the USA, T-Mobile Germany... T-Mobile Poland? T-Mobile Planet Jupiter?

Each of them have a different version number for the carrier/region x.xx.531.x , x.xx.111.x x.xx.118.x etc

If we can know that much we can look into finding the right stock version you require.

That aside, did you manage to get the device back into bootloader yet?

I am in the USA & I am in the boot loader screen I believe. I see options like fast boot, recovery, factory reset, simlock, check smarted, image cry, show barcode. The CID is 11111111? It's unlocked & it says SHIP S-OFF under unlocked.

BerndM14

Apr 8, 2014

rmustafa11

Jul 9, 2014
North Lauderdale

BerndM14

Apr 8, 2014
There are 2 for each section? Which one do I download? Also how would I put them on my phone and where on my phone? Sorry for these stupid questions. I just have no idea what to do.

Download the 1.57.531.7 backup and stock recovery.

Sorry, I'll be heading home now, my shift is over...So I can't help yet, I'll be back in like an hour to 1.5hour max. I'll come back to this thread as soon as I get home to give you the rest of instructions etc to help restore device.

pixelsquish

Oct 24, 2007
Like which one do I download from recovery and which one from android backups and how do I use them.

download the t-mobile stock rom backup linked above and put it on a microSD card. then go into recovery from the bootloader screen and then you can flash that from recovery. wipe everything first which is an option in recovery, then flash the stock rom backup and you should be good to go.

i had the same issue except on AT&T so i just found an AT&T stock rom backup to flash.

rmustafa11

Jul 9, 2014
North Lauderdale
download the t-mobile stock rom backup linked above and put it on a microSD card. then go into recovery from the bootloader screen and then you can flash that from recovery. wipe everything first which is an option in recovery, then flash the stock rom backup and you should be good to go.

i had the same issue except on AT&T so i just found an AT&T stock rom backup to flash.

Wait you both said 2 different things..... Does your option basically put the phone how it was when it came out the box and makes it unrooted?

pixelsquish

Oct 24, 2007
Wait you both said 2 different things..... Does your option basically put the phone how it was when it came out the box and makes it unrooted?

i kept root. you get the option when you flash your phone with the stock rom. the recovery will ask you if you want to root.

that was my experience.

phone's been working great ever since i thought i bricked it.

rmustafa11

Jul 9, 2014
North Lauderdale
i kept root. you get the option when you flash your phone with the stock rom. the recovery will ask you if you want to root.

that was my experience.

phone's been working great ever since i thought i bricked it.

Okay can you take me through the steps because I cannot find it. I opened recovery from boot loader and the options I see now are install, wipe, backup, restore, mount, settings, advanced, and reebot but I do not see the file anywhere

pixelsquish

Oct 24, 2007
Okay can you take me through the steps because I cannot find it. I opened recovery from boot loader and the options I see now are install, wipe, backup, restore, mount, settings, advanced, and reebot but I do not see the file anywhere

yes that is correct. goto wipe. first wipe everything. then reboot into recovery. then select Restore. you should be able to click on where it says storage and then choose micro SD.

at that point you should see the stock T-Mobile ROM zip file tyou put on your microSD card. pick that, and you are good to go.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Unplug phone. Power on. Hold vol up and power for exactly 10 sec. Let go of both. Hold vol down and power to enter bootloader. Usually about 3 seconds. Then look for guide on stock backups.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app