[App] [2.2+][1.7] Tdl Todo List 11/14/13

Search This thread

ajige

Nov 12, 2007
Colorado
A program to organize todo's/tasks in a treeview form.

It's an Android version of Abstract Spoon's hierarchical ToDoList program:
http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/5371/ToDoList-6-4-Feature-Release-An-effective-and-flex or http://www.abstractspoon.com

Use it to keep track of to do's or for project management. The outline can have as many sub-levels as you want, or the list can be viewed "flat".
The task list can be viewed in a Gannt chart in the desktop application.

Add, view and edit your list on your phone, then use the same list on your computer. If you put the file in your DropBox folder, it will automatically be synced.

Files are stored in user defined folders on the sd card (can use any level of sub-directory).
Integrates with File Managers, DropBox and Google Drive. However, files opened in Google Drive, cannot be saved directly.
Choose dark or light theme
Move item around with cut and paste.
List can be sorted based on due date (can also use calculated dates), category, title, completion or priority, risk, status, allocated to, or it can be unsorted.
Home screen widget shows tasks due today.
Set alarms and be reminded when your task is due.
Can be integrated with the Minimalistic Text Widget (if installed).
Completed items can be hidden from view.
Backup your file manually, or do it automatically every time there is a change.
Notes are available from main list, and hyperlinks are clickable.
List can be filtered based on title, priority or due today (other filters will be added later).
List can be searched based on title.
Collapse/expand all.

Currently supports editing of these fields:
-title
-start date
-due date
-completed
-priority
-status
-category
-risk
-percent done
-allocated to
-notes
-recurrence

Future plans:
-Export as google task
-Receive text from other apps
-Native Dropbox sync
-UI improvements

Because this is a beta version, every time your list is saved, the previous version will be saved too (6 good backups are kept). (This feature can be turned off in the settings menu.)

NOTE: For people who have issues with the app:
- concrete suggestions would be appreciated
- errors: send me an email with the steps that caused the error. Some phones doesn't have any issues at all, so it's been difficult to pinpoint why others do.

Since the original desktop version of this program is constantly being developed, some of the features available on the desktop might not work on the Android version.

Uninstall:
Any list files stored on the sd card will be left after uninstallation.

LIMITATION:
If the notes field has more than about 8000 characters, the note field will appear blank.
If the file is big, it might take a while for it to load (it's also possible it will crash). Reported to be a problem on a file of 700kb (will have to do some more testing on this).

DISCLAIMER:
This is still being developed as a hobby, and is not a final version. It is being developed as I see fit, have time and am interested in doing it. THERE IS NO WARRANTY THAT THIS PROGRAM WILL WORK on your Android phone or tablet. I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE IT MAY CAUSE.

Market link:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/...esult#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImhnLmhnVGRsTGlzdCJd

Attachments

• Files.jpg
    Files.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 2,798
  • Edit.jpg
    Edit.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 2,425
  • Settings.jpg
    Settings.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 2,292
  • Filedir.jpg
    Filedir.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 2,133
  • calendar.jpg
    calendar.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 1,333
  • treeview.jpg
    treeview.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 1,373
Last edited:

ajige

Nov 12, 2007
Colorado
Updated version

Sorry about the bug on the settings screen.:eek: I hope this is fixed now.
Some users have reported crashes on the main screen.
I would appreciate some more information on when that happens.

almightywa

Jan 28, 2010
Hi,

Firstly just to say I am in love with the idea of this app, I use TDL on my desktop and would love to be able to sync those to my phone.

But the sync isn't working for me - here's what I'm doing and what errors I get, I hope this can help, would really appreciate any suggestions

I created a new to do list in the desktop version and made sure it was saved as a Tasklist (not unicode). My TDL program is already in my dropbox, so I created a rule in dropsync to sync the tasklist folder to a folder on my phone

When I open the file from the list in the mobile app I get 'No Items' and an error

Screenshot_2012-07-20-08-56-36.jpg

If I add a task from the mobile version I get an error message on screen 'nextuniqueid=null'

I tried to sync the to do list back to the dropbox and open it in the desktop version, and I get this

Yi7yS2PQEGwX7Uv1fiiX.png

The XML contains one line
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="WINDOWS-1252"?>

Any ideas as to where I'm going wrong? If you need any more info please ask!

Thanks!
Jon

ajige

Nov 12, 2007
Colorado
Thanks for the feedback and the fact that you report it here instead of sending an email . It would be great if everyone who has issues could use this thread, so everyone can benefit from any solutions I might have.

Hi,

Firstly just to say I am in love with the idea of this app, I use TDL on my desktop and would love to be able to sync those to my phone.

But the sync isn't working for me - here's what I'm doing and what errors I get, I hope this can help, would really appreciate any suggestions

I created a new to do list in the desktop version and made sure it was saved as a Tasklist (not unicode). My TDL program is already in my dropbox, so I created a rule in dropsync to sync the tasklist folder to a folder on my phone

When I open the file from the list in the mobile app I get 'No Items' and an error

If I add a task from the mobile version I get an error message on screen 'nextuniqueid=null'
This is because the document wasn't created properly, and it's not possible to add to a nonexisting dom document. (which means I need to figure out why it's not created properly first).

I tried to sync the to do list back to the dropbox and open it in the desktop version, and I get this
The XML contains one line
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="WINDOWS-1252"?>

Any ideas as to where I'm going wrong? If you need any more info please ask!

Thanks!
Jon

Well, you are not doing anything wrong! I'm afraid it's a bug that I'm struggling with:confused:. I have fixed a few small issues, and will release an update today hopefully, but I don't think it addresses the issue you are having. I also realized that I had hard coded the sdcard in some places, although again, that shouldn't be the issue.

Here is my suggestions, questions to anyone who have this issue:
  • Does it happen for all the files or just some of them?
  • Try to change the encoding on both the desktop and the phone.
  • Can you create a list on your phone, edit it on the computer, and then read it again on the phone?
  • Can you put the file in a different directory and see if that works?
  • Also please note the android version you are running, in case that's the isssue.

For the people who don't have any issues (including myself), maybe you could let me know your android version?

I'm sorry, this seems to be a big issue, and it's taken a lot of time and more to come, so any help is appreciated.:)

almightywa

Jan 28, 2010
Here is my suggestions, questions to anyone who have this issue:
  • Does it happen for all the files or just some of them?

• For all of the ones created on the desktop - see below!
    [*]Try to change the encoding on both the desktop and the phone.
    Tried changing to unicode, created a list on the desktop, same error on the phone
    [*]Can you create a list on your phone, edit it on the computer, and then read it again on the phone?
    Now this, seems to work until I read it from the desktop. It does, however create four versions. (file is called new list from phone)
    Code:
    [b]new list from phone.tdl[/b]
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?><TODOLIST PROJECTNAME="new list from phone" FILEFORMAT="9" EARLIESTDUEDATE="0.00000000" NEXTUNIQUEID="3" FILENAME="new list from phone.tdl" FILEVERSION="3" LASTMODIFIED="2012-07-20">
      <TASK TITLE="I am n itme" PRIORITY="5" STATUS="" ID="1" PERCENTDONE="0" COMMENTS="" CREATIONDATE="41109.88245370371" CREATIONDATESTRING="2012-07-20T21:10" NUMCATEGORY="1" CATEGORY="" NUMPERSON="1" PERSON="" LASTMOD="41109.882569444446" LASTMODSTRING="2012-07-20T21:10"/>
      <TASK TITLE="Worry item name" PRIORITY="5" STATUS="" ID="2" PERCENTDONE="0" COMMENTS="" CREATIONDATE="41109.8825462963" CREATIONDATESTRING="2012-07-20T21:10" NUMCATEGORY="1" CATEGORY="" NUMPERSON="1" PERSON=""/>
    </TODOLIST>
    Code:
    [b]new list from phone.tdl1[/b]
    Blank - no code
    Code:
    [b]new list from phone.tdl2[/b]
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?><TODOLIST PROJECTNAME="new list from phone" FILEFORMAT="9" EARLIESTDUEDATE="0.00000000" NEXTUNIQUEID="1" FILENAME="new list from phone.tdl" FILEVERSION="2" LASTMODIFIED="2012-07-20"/>
    Code:
    [b]new%20list%20from%20phone.tdl[/b]
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><TODOLIST PROJECTNAME="new list from phone" FILEFORMAT="9" EARLIESTDUEDATE="0.00000000" NEXTUNIQUEID="1" FILENAME="new list from phone.tdl" FILEVERSION="1" LASTMODIFIED="2012-07-20"/>
    [*]Can you put the file in a different directory and see if that works?
    No joy - I also can't navigate to the externalSDcard directory on my phone - the app lists all the directories on my internal storage but not on the SD card.
    [*]Also please note the android version you are running, in case that's the isssue.
    4.04 ICS on a Galaxy S3 in the UK!

For the people who don't have any issues (including myself), maybe you could let me know your android version?

I'm sorry, this seems to be a big issue, and it's taken a lot of time and more to come, so any help is appreciated.:)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for any help!

Jon

ajige

Nov 12, 2007
Colorado
No joy - I also can't navigate to the externalSDcard directory on my phone - the app lists all the directories on my internal storage but not on the SD card.
Jon

It will take some time for me to go through the info you sent. The fact that you can't navigate to the external sdcard, I'm hoping will be fixed in the update later today.

L.R.C.

Jul 21, 2012
Problems in Google Play with TDL Android

I were able to install the first versions of android TDL from android market, but now, when I try to install it from Google Play there is a mesage that says that it is not compatible with my htc wildfire S. It is not really compatible? can i install it anyway? How can i solve the problem? Thank you

ajige

Nov 12, 2007
Colorado
I were able to install the first versions of android TDL from android market, but now, when I try to install it from Google Play there is a mesage that says that it is not compatible with my htc wildfire S. It is not really compatible? can i install it anyway? How can i solve the problem? Thank you
That's strange.:confused: I haven't changed anything (as far as I know) that should have affected that.
I'm running a lower version of Android and it works fine.
Why don't you try the new version and let me know. In the meantime I'll do some more testing.

almightywa

Jan 28, 2010
I have the new version, but I'm still not able to navigate to the SD card? Can you explain how it should work? This is what I see?

Screenshot_2012-07-22-19-40-23.jpg

ajige

Nov 12, 2007
Colorado
I have the new version, but I'm still not able to navigate to the SD card? Can you explain how it should work? This is what I see?

View attachment 1214926

The list you see are all the (non-hidden) directories on the sdcard. If you have files in the root of the sd card, just click on the first blank entry.

If the directory has subdirectories, after clicking on the directory, you will have to enter the path to the file manually. I'm hoping to change that in a later version.
So assuming you have your files in a subdirectory called Tdl under the AbstractSpoonTDL directory, you select AbstractSpoonTDL and will be shown an input box where you would enter AbstractSpoonTDL/Tdl/

Hope this clarifies your question.

L.R.C.

Jul 21, 2012
Can´t install`TDL from google play

What exactly it is said In google play Is: This aplication is not compatible with your vodafone HTC HTC Widfare S
And when i try to install it from google play web I just cant do it. Google play asks me to select another device to install it, and when i select my only device (HTC Widfare S) It says it is not compatible with my device.
May it has some relation with the fact that I rooted my device?

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

What exactly it is said In google play Is: This aplication is not compatible with your vodafone HTC HTC Widfare S
And when i try to install it from google play web I just cant do it. Google play asks me to select another device to install it, and when i select my only device (HTC Widfare S) It says it is not compatible with my device.

ajige

Nov 12, 2007
Colorado

I assume you mean Wildfire S. According to the list on my developer console, it says the app is available for HTC Wildfire S (marvel). The only permission the app needs, is to write to the external card, which I assume you have?
The only unsupported devices shown are G1 and Touch Viva.
I've seen reports of compatibility issues if it has a big file, but my app is pretty small. I need to do some more research, but from what I've seen so far, it's a difficult issue to pinpoint. :confused:
When I have a stable version, I may attach it to the thread here.

The fact that your phone is rooted, shouldn't be a problem - mine is too. What version of Android are you running? Are you running a stock rom, with stock google play?

Last edited:

L.R.C.

Jul 21, 2012
Cant install TDL from Google play

Google play keeps saying: This app is incompatible with your Vodafone HTC HTC Wildfire S. And if i try to install it i get the same mesage... :mad: Dont know if someone else has the same problem :(

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

I assume you mean Wildfire S. According to the list on my developer console, it says the app is available for HTC Wildfire S (marvel). The only permission the app needs, is to write to the external card, which I assume you have?
The only unsupported devices shown are G1 and Touch Viva.
I've seen reports of compatibility issues if it has a big file, but my app is pretty small. I need to do some more research, but from what I've seen so far, it's a difficult issue to pinpoint. :confused:
When I have a stable version, I may attach it to the thread here.

The fact that your phone is rooted, shouldn't be a problem - mine is too. What version of Android are you running? Are you running a stock rom, with stock google play?

Im runing a rom wich is called Rom-Chucky 3.5 the fact is that I instaled TDL in my device before i instaled Rom-Chucky 3.5, but i cant install it again:( but after installing that rom I've instaled others programes from google play. and ive just checked some other programs in google play and they all say they are all compatible :eek:

almightywa

Jan 28, 2010
Cool, thanks, confusingly, on both my devices I have an internal SD card (internal memory) and an external one (the microsd card). So I see the root of the internal SD card. This isn't a problem for me, but didn't know whether it gave any clues about what as going on?

Also, I tried the app on my Xoom as well, and get the same error, which leads me to think its something to do with my desktop?

uploadfromtaptalk1343158425591.jpg

Thanks again, any other help I can be let me know?

Thanks!
Jon

Sent from my MZ601 using XDA Premium HD app

ajige

Nov 12, 2007
Colorado
Cool, thanks, confusingly, on both my devices I have an internal SD card (internal memory) and an external one (the microsd card). So I see the root of the internal SD card. This isn't a problem for me, but didn't know whether it gave any clues about what as going on?
Also, I tried the app on my Xoom as well, and get the same error, which leads me to think its something to do with my desktop?
View attachment 1219571
Thanks!
Jon

Again, it's my app:(, not your desktop
One user reported that if the file was in a directory without space in the name, it works. You could try that.
But I do agree that the internal sd could be the issue.

From Stackoverflow: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/...onment-getexternalstoragedirectory-mnt-sdcard
"Actually, for some devices the getExternalStorageDirectory() will return localization for internal memory (internal SD card). The removable SD card is located as mount point below, usually getExternalStorageDirectory()+"/sd" or getExternalStorageDirectory()+"/external_sd".
Unfortunately, there is no standard for this and you won't know what kind of storage you are pointing at."

Which means at this point I don't have a workaround. But if it's the space-in-the name-bug, I'm hoping the next update will fix it.

Can you open the file from a file explorer on your phone?

ajige

Nov 12, 2007
Colorado
Google play keeps saying: This app is incompatible with your Vodafone HTC HTC Wildfire S. And if i try to install it i get the same mesage... :mad: Dont know if someone else has the same problem :(
Im runing a rom wich is called Rom-Chucky 3.5 the fact is that I instaled TDL in my device before i instaled Rom-Chucky 3.5, but i cant install it again:( but after installing that rom I've instaled others programes from google play. and ive just checked some other programs in google play and they all say they are all compatible :eek:

Well, if it worked before the new rom, but not after, it could be related to the custom rom. I don't really know what else to suggest, since I didn't add anything that should not make it work. I have read that some custom roms, have these compatibility issue when there are screen size differences.
You could either try a different rom or contact the maker of the rom.
Sorry if I'm not more helpful!

L.R.C.

Jul 21, 2012
Cant install TDL from Google play

I have asked some friends to try to download the app from google play (they have diferent android devices), and they all get the same mesage I send you and image

Attachments

• Dibujo.jpg
    Dibujo.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 148

ajige

Nov 12, 2007
Colorado

View attachment 1219571

Thanks!
Jon

I have made some changes and uploaded a new version. Please let me know if it works.
If not, it would be helpful if you could send me the tdl.log file located in the root of your sd card. That should have some information on the paths to the files.

almightywa

Jan 28, 2010
I have made some changes and uploaded a new version. Please let me know if it works.
If not, it would be helpful if you could send me the tdl.log file located in the root of your sd card. That should have some information on the paths to the files.

Hi,

Sorry for the lack of reply, have been away! I'll try this tonight and let you know what happens!

Cheers
Jon

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A program to organize todo's/tasks in a treeview form.

It's an Android version of Abstract Spoon's hierarchical ToDoList program:
    http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/5371/ToDoList-6-4-Feature-Release-An-effective-and-flex or http://www.abstractspoon.com

Use it to keep track of to do's or for project management. The outline can have as many sub-levels as you want, or the list can be viewed "flat".
    The task list can be viewed in a Gannt chart in the desktop application.

Add, view and edit your list on your phone, then use the same list on your computer. If you put the file in your DropBox folder, it will automatically be synced.

Files are stored in user defined folders on the sd card (can use any level of sub-directory).
    Integrates with File Managers, DropBox and Google Drive. However, files opened in Google Drive, cannot be saved directly.
    Choose dark or light theme
    Move item around with cut and paste.
    List can be sorted based on due date (can also use calculated dates), category, title, completion or priority, risk, status, allocated to, or it can be unsorted.
    Home screen widget shows tasks due today.
    Set alarms and be reminded when your task is due.
    Can be integrated with the Minimalistic Text Widget (if installed).
    Backup your file manually, or do it automatically every time there is a change.
    List can be filtered based on title, priority or due today (other filters will be added later).
    List can be searched based on title.
    Collapse/expand all.

Currently supports editing of these fields:
    -title
    -start date
    -due date
    -completed
    -priority
    -status
    -category
    -risk
    -percent done
    -allocated to
    -notes
    -recurrence

Future plans:
    -Export as google task
    -Receive text from other apps
    -Native Dropbox sync
    -UI improvements

Because this is a beta version, every time your list is saved, the previous version will be saved too (6 good backups are kept). (This feature can be turned off in the settings menu.)

NOTE: For people who have issues with the app:
    - concrete suggestions would be appreciated
    - errors: send me an email with the steps that caused the error. Some phones doesn't have any issues at all, so it's been difficult to pinpoint why others do.

Since the original desktop version of this program is constantly being developed, some of the features available on the desktop might not work on the Android version.

Uninstall:
    Any list files stored on the sd card will be left after uninstallation.

LIMITATION:
    If the notes field has more than about 8000 characters, the note field will appear blank.
    If the file is big, it might take a while for it to load (it's also possible it will crash). Reported to be a problem on a file of 700kb (will have to do some more testing on this).

DISCLAIMER:
    This is still being developed as a hobby, and is not a final version. It is being developed as I see fit, have time and am interested in doing it. THERE IS NO WARRANTY THAT THIS PROGRAM WILL WORK on your Android phone or tablet. I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE IT MAY CAUSE.

Market link:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/...esult#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImhnLmhnVGRsTGlzdCJd
    I'll put it on the list of wishes, but first have to concentrate on getting the app to properly work in the latest Android versions.
    Thanks for your quick reply!

There's something else on my wish-list. Since I use ToDoList to keep up with my housekeeping as well, that one of my lists consists of repeating tasks only (housekeeping is a neverending job ;) ). I remember reading somewhere that repeating tasks is on you list of upcoming features. I'm wondering about it's status....

Manja

I haven't started work on the recurring task code yet. I'm a little lazy and no-one has mentioned they want it. But I have some code I think I can reuse from when I made the program for the Windows mobile (old version), so it shouldn't take too much time to do (I hope!).
    But first I need to do some thorough testing of the filter and search options I've implemented.
    mjzach said:
    When I open or close the sliding keyboard TDL crashes.
    If I'm in the outline display, the crash is immediate.
    If the slider is moved when editing a node the crash happens when edit is finished, i.e. when I touch either Save or Discard.
    TDL only reacts to the opening or closing - if the slide is open when TDL launches and is not closed while it is running, there is no problem and the keyboard works fine.
    I don't have the same phone as you, but I do have a phone with a physical keyboard, so I'll try it there and see if I have the same problems. If not, I might ask you to do some testing in order to get to the bottom of this.

I tried it on my phone with a keyboard, but there were no errors or crash. However, I added something to the app and uploaded a new version. Maybe you could let me know if it works?
    Hello!

Is it possible to solve problem:

1) On а PC maked TDL file with russian names of tasks (in TDL-6.5.10). FileName "plan-1.tdl"
    2) saving "plan-1.tdl" on DropBox
    3) On Android via DropBox client opening file "plan-1.tdl". All tasknames in russian correctly displaying.
    4) now changing anything (check for ex.)
    5) exit from App (with saving)
    6) ReOpen "plan-1.tdl", and see nothing instead of russian symbols :(
    Screenshot_2013-02-19-15-33-35.png

7) after saving, the TDL-6.5.10. on a PC cannot open it (contains malformed XML that the MSXML component could not interpret)
    in file now strings:
    <TASK TITLE="& # 26; & # 26;"
    before saving was text in russian coding

Thank you!

(PS: Sorry for my english)

I'm sorry you're having problems.
    I have some issues with my computer right now, but I've been testing it on my phone.
    I get the same results as you if the file is saved in windows encoding. If you change the encoding to utf-16, it should work.
    To change how the file is saved: from the phone, go to menu, more, save as.
    I hope this solves your problem. If not, please let me know, and I'll investigate further.