[4.2.2] PARANOIDANDROID 3.1 (Mar10) | Discontinued

Search This thread

knightrocker

Oct 31, 2010
Bangalore
Re: [4.2.1] PARANOIDANDROID 3.0 (Feb19) | Unofficial Release (New Build Live)

I'd recommend wiping. To avoid errors

Damn :p

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

Dude can you host on some other site from the next build?? I mean as a favour :) these dhost servers are soo slow :p
I have 25 mbps Internet and it's still taking so long :rolleyes:
Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

aamitabh28

Oct 9, 2012
could someone please report after trying the new build out..so want this but need a stable rom atm

Quipeace

Mar 5, 2010
Soest
Dev-Host speeds vary, but overall it's pretty fast here (took about three minutes to download today's build).

Fixes so far:
- Advanced menu in settings is fixed.
- Strings are fixed.
- NFC isn't keeping the phone awake anymore (service isn't running), but is also removed from settings.
- Calls can be made and received and ended. I wasn't intereseted in having a conversation with myself, but I could hear myself tapping on the mic...
- Signal strength indicator is fixed (not sure if that was this or the previous build).

Bugs so far:
- Home button long-press isn't mapped yet.
- NFC (like I mentioned earlier).

Last edited:

knightrocker

Oct 31, 2010
Bangalore
Dev-Host speeds vary, but overall it's pretty fast here (took about three minutes to download today's build).

Fixes so far:
- Advanced menu in settings is fixed.
- Strings are fixed.
- NFC isn't keeping the phone awake anymore (service isn't running), but is also removed from settings.
- Calls can be made and received and ended. I wasn't intereseted in having a conversation with myself, but I could hear myself tapping on the mic...
- Signal strength indicator is fixed (not sure if that was this or the previous build).

Bugs so far:
- Home button long-press isn't mapped yet.
- NFC (like I mentioned earlier).

hey no fair :silly: it should have taken 3 minutes for me too :confused: well im flashing now :fingers-crossed:

GoldenLucifer

Dec 22, 2012
yeaah, this one works great. But I got one tiny request ? Could you make or upload a zip enabling option that turns off that ugly spen pointer ? this arrow pointer is too big, I tried replace that with some tutorials on the net but failed miserably everytime. The original touchwiz pointer is quite the best but i dont know how to incorporate it. This is such a smooth rom.

Quipeace

Mar 5, 2010
Soest
Should we install this fix after installing the latest PA build that was released today(19th Feb)?
Nope

So mapping problem and NFC are the only bugs ? Is it a stable rom (better than imilka one) ?
I wouldn't know if it's any better, but it runs fine. I guess it's too early to state it's "stable", depending on your definition of stable xD.

Reactions: remixtech

Quipeace

Mar 5, 2010
Soest
After using it for a while now I haven't noticed any major bugs. A minor one:
- Torch is broken (won't turn on or off, force closes torch application when turning off). I'm not near my PC so won't be able to get a logcat...

steijn0

Oct 13, 2009
Amsterdam
unusual high battery drain?

I was wondering if anyone else is having the issue of unusual high battery drain by the android system process?
and no it's not due to the fact that i haven't wiped properly:)

Thanks in advance!

remixtech

Mar 15, 2009
Lille
www.mevaere.fr
To hide the cursor :

Code:
Goto file
/system/usr/idc/sec_e-pen.idc
open in Text Editor

change the value

touch.deviceType = touchScreen
(for mouse pointer off)

touch.deviceType = default
(for mouse pointer on)

save, reboot and enjoy

userinit.sh in /data/local is correctly run at the boot.

Quipeace

Mar 5, 2010
Soest
I was wondering if anyone else is having the issue of unusual high battery drain by the android system process?
and no it's not due to the fact that i haven't wiped properly:)

Thanks in advance!

I haven't fully recharged my Note yet (it's been on and off USB power), so I'm not sure about the battery yet. Android System has consumed about 5% here, but I didn't reset my battery stats since a couple of days (Nfc Service drainage from earlier builds is still showing).

Slagathor

Apr 29, 2010
Tilburg
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4

After playing with the torch fc's last night I woke up this morning and saw a dim little red light next to the front camera, I think it is some kind of sensor. After a reboot it was gone... anyone can reproduce this?

Also, at times the touch screen doesn't seem very responsive.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

remixtech

Mar 15, 2009
Lille
www.mevaere.fr
After playing with the torch fc's last night I woke up this morning and saw a dim little red light next to the front camera, I think it is some kind of sensor. After a reboot it was gone... anyone can reproduce this?

Also, at times the touch screen doesn't seem very responsive.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

It's the proximity sensor...

Torch fc's here too

Notorious09

Mar 2, 2009
increasing animation speed

Hi,

The following setting seems to be missing from the setting menu?

Settings > Developer Options> Advanced.

Now from the advanced menu, change all animation speeds from 1x to .5x (there should be three)

Can anyone help, as i wanted to increase the animation speed.

edwinpang

Nov 11, 2010

How is battery life and the graphic glitch guys

Thanks

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------

In the 7105 they got I good build running is it possible to use files from there??

Yes but we need devs ...

Quipeace

Mar 5, 2010
Soest
How is battery life and the graphic glitch guys

Battery life seems fine to me, but I don't pay much attention to it. Coming from a One X battery life is better than what I'm used no matter what. Anyway, it depends so much on how you use your phone you'll be better off flashing it to see for yourself, restoring a nandroid takes a couple of minutes ;).

About the graphics glitch, what graphic glitch? What am I supposed to see if it still had this glitch?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm discontinuing this project and handing it over to 'be_vigilant', visit his thread for the latest releases on PARANOIDANROID 3.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recently just got the Note ll, here's the first cake.
    Just a heads up, I haven’t tested this on my Note ll as I need it for daily usage. This build is reported to boot properly, please report bugs with logcats if possible, no it wont BRICK your device. Wondering the difference between 2.99 and 3.1? Basically its the brand new PIE control system with many under the hood changes, for a full description, have a look at the links.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INSTRUCTIONS,

1. UPDATE RECOVERY
    2. FACTORY RESET
    3. INSTALL ROM, GAPPS, FIX-IF ANY
    4. WIPE CACHE & DALVIK CACHE
    5. REBOOT
    PA 2.99+ UPDATES DO NOT NEED A FACTORY RESET,
    BUT YOU NEED TO INSTALL GAPPS ASWELL.

FEATURES for 3.0,

Pie control system+++ Hybrid engine +++ Per app Layout, change UI of any app---
    that means you can switch apps into their tablet layouts +++ Per app Size, scal
    e apps individually, this is especially important if you use tablet apps, go as
    small or big as you like +++ Per app Color, this lets you select statusbar and-
    navbar colors for apps individually, colors will shift when you jump from one a
    pp to another +++ Hybrid engine makes it possible to use any tablet ready app--
    available on your phone, start with your regular Google apps and see what treas
    ures lie hidden in them and just how well they work on your device. +++ You can
    use hybrid engine to use all available general interface UI's aswell: Phone, Ph
    ablet, Tablet. This is safe as milk, we don't change DPI, we don't trash your m
    arket, we don't shrink all your apps or force them into layouts, you don't need
    to edit system files for that. +++ Transparent bars and color pickers, new Syst
    emUI drawables thanks to giannisgx89 +++ Theming Engine +++ Statusbar Settings,
    Lockscreen Settings +++ Multiuser support +++ Quicksettings -> Quicktoggles +++
    4.2 Walls and sounds, Google stock apps As we merge back our old CMPA feature--
    catalogue this list will grow considerably over the coming weeks +++ New holo-s
    tyled theme chooser +++ T9 dialer +++ New papreferences app-----------------EOF

GALLERY,

mako_5iscid.png

TUTORIAL,
    untitled1unbtd.jpg

DONATIONS,

to molesarecoming
    to D4rKn3sSyS
    to jaybob413
    to aaronpoweruser

CREDITS,

AOSP/Google, Cyanogenmod, Goo, XDA, Krebsmilk, giannisgx89, Liquid,
    AOKP, PA, emwno, our users, supporters and donators, everyone who's helped us in the past,
    heartfelt thanks to all of you!

LINKS,
    Github: www.github.com/paranoidandroid
    Gerrit: review.paranoid-rom.com

PARANOID ANDROID 3.1 is ready, pushing it online now. Pretty sure there are some more broken things.
    ADDED: im going to be releasing my own kernel soon, for stock jb, and aosp based roms. keep a look out :p
    Should I use the fix-1.zip when I'm flashing the new version?
    I am Not on this ROM right now.
    No need. Ill publish fixes for each current version on the third post when necessary.
    p.s to all, miui5 incoming
    Next Build Changelog
    -Sdcard fix
    -Incoming call fix
    -Attempted Home key long press remap*
    -Proximity fix
    -Inner call speaker fix
    -Resynced sources
    -Pie menu fix
    up next on the bug list ladies and gentlemen is pie... cant get the bloody thing to work

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

Wow this is so awesome!
    Thanks dev!
    Is it stable enough people? Because i need my phone to be functional fully..

Bugs so far:

1. No pie
    2. extSdcard does not mount
    3. keyboard vibration broken
    4. no nfc