Verizon S5 ROMs

Search This thread

vladtess

Jun 11, 2014
So the reason why I even wanted to get a ROOT access to my galaxy S5 for verizon is to really be able to put a custom ROM on my machine such as Omega ROM. But I cannot seem to find any anywhere that are specifically for 900V. Can anyone provide me with a sense of direction or a link or two?

Thanks much!

Last edited:

jpcalhoun

Feb 24, 2012
South Central PA
So the reason why I even wanted to get a ROOT access to my galaxy S5 for verizon is to really be able to put a custom ROM on my machine such as Omega ROM. But I cannot seem to find any anywhere that are specifically for 900V. Can anyone provide me with a sense of direction or a link or two?

Thanks much!
Well, unfortunately you're going to have to wait for awhile. Even through you can now root the retail version of the S5, there is no custom recovery as of yet, so you can't flash a custom ROM. The retail version of the Verizon S5 has a locked bootloader with no know exploit at this time. Hopefully someone will find an exploit for the bootloader or a version of SafeStrap will be developed that works on the S5, but even at that you will only be able to flash Touch Wiz based ROMS with SafeStrap. That is why you can't find a ROM for the retail version of the Verizon S5.

elliwigy

Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
XDA App Taskforce

Thanks much!

Thats odd.. I cant seem to find any roms for 900V either! Maybe because there isnt any :(.. fyi the creator of safestrap is said to be done travelling by tonight so maybe hell get some time soon to help build ss for our device n we could at least flash tw roms.

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium HD app

Rippley05

May 11, 2010
I wonder about safestrap. It seemed to burn almost half the storage of my 32gb Note 3. This 16gb s5 is gonna be tricky..we'll have no room for apps

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

elliwigy

Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
XDA App Taskforce
I wonder about safestrap. It seemed to burn almost half the storage of my 32gb Note 3. This 16gb s5 is gonna be tricky..we'll have no room for apps

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

im sure some space needed for stock then some space needed for anpther system.. i dont care if i have 0 space tbh.. long as i can flash roms.. also, i can always get a lqrg3 sd card

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium HD app