sport armstrap/ armband for TP2

Search This thread

HelloWorld3

Oct 1, 2009
Anaheim
What? What does an armband have to do this looking like an iPhone. There are valid reason to want an armband. Running or going to the gym are time when an armband might be useful.

I was going to make this exact comment, but I didn't know how useful it'd be to helping the OP(and me) find an armband for my phone. :(

Last edited:

petard

Feb 12, 2006
I use this one. Not bad, just got to wear your phone upside down since there is no hole at the bottom of this case:
http://www.onlytilt2.com/saomblarcaca.html

Good luck!

Time to bring this thread back from the dead!

I have been looking for an armband for a while. Is that one good? It doesn't have a way to close at the top, couldn't the phone fall out?

I found that same case on eBay for $11 shipped.
http://cgi.ebay.com/BLACK-ARMBAND-P...wItemQQptZPDA_Accessories?hash=item2558426b9e

This phone is thicker then the iPhone by 4mm but could it fit in an iPhone case? I might swing by the store tomorrow and try sticking it in one.

Last edited:

Crowdawg54

Nov 2, 2006
Wheaton, IL
Yes, the Tilt is tight in the sleeve. But I haven't had any issues with it falling out during my workouts, etc. I think the sleeve actually is an iPhone case, but I might be wrong. Sorry I couldn't be more help!

wesley762

May 19, 2005
Boise, Idaho
I have been on the hunt for a armband that I can use that I don't have to take the bodyglove case off that I use. I have tried a few of the stores around my area and they are all made for iPhone and with the case on they are all just to small.

aerotec

May 13, 2006
That armband on eBay looks great. Just worried about water getting in if it started to rain while running. Suppose I going at least hold it upside down if needed till I got home.

I think it makes sense putting it in upside down so you can glance down with it on your arm and read the screen if needed.

Now...any recommendations for some decent application that displays speed, distance run and tracks my route for uploading to Google Earth? Saves buying a Garmin 405!

sithanas

Dec 2, 2007
That armband on eBay looks great. Just worried about water getting in if it started to rain while running. Suppose I going at least hold it upside down if needed till I got home.

I think it makes sense putting it in upside down so you can glance down with it on your arm and read the screen if needed.

Now...any recommendations for some decent application that displays speed, distance run and tracks my route for uploading to Google Earth? Saves buying a Garmin 405!

Try Endomondo - it uploads automatically to its own site and you can extract the track info from there. Mine's been off a little bit with my TP2's GPS chip, but I don't know if that's the chip itself, the software, or the fact that I run with my phone in the pocket of my shorts.