TouchFLO 2d for VGA Devices

Search This thread

pijulius

Aug 9, 2008
Portover try of the TouchFLO 2d QVGA build to VGA devices with a wholly redrawn image set and some usefull aditions.

Credits
All credits go to the TouchFlo2d developers, this is only a port of it so please express your gratitude to them.

-------------------------

TouchFlo2D VGA
[2008-10-06] - Ver 0.1.3
Fixes:
- People contacts are shown and working correctly. THANKS LePocketPc!
- Favorite applications, map locations, internet bookmarks also fixed with the LePocketPc's modification so only thing to fix are the thumbnails in the Photo tab.

Updates:
- All images (except photo frames) have been redrawn

[2008-10-02] - Ver 0.1.2
Updates:
- Just made it compatible with latest Manila2d_1.00_1819.2926.CAB

[2008-10-02] - Ver 0.1.1
- Home, Messages, Email, Internet, Photos (except frames), Music, Weather (only the little arrows), Map, Settings, Programs have all new images and I'm working on the others too but I have to redraw everything as the exported images from the Diamond phone are very bad :(
- Clock replaced wiht big digital one as the analog one can't be enlarged as it seems.

[2008-09-24] - Ver 0.1
Done:
- All images have been resized
- HTCHomeSettings.xml has been rewritten so almost every tab works as it should

Not Working yet
- Photos & Videos, unfortunately it seems the area to fill out with the image can't be resized from the xml file so another change may be needed in the .exe file

IMPORTANT: please note this is only the main TouchFlo2d program, I didn't look in the other programs (like youtube) and addons that are available for the TouchFlo2d QVGA version, and won't do till first this part of the project is done.

Instalations / Download
To install please follow the steps found here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=398173

and after you have everything up and running (even in the little left corner of your screen but working) then go to "Start->Settings->Today->Items" and uncheck "TouchFlo" press OK then download this zip file and extract the content to \Windows\ directory on your device.

TouchFlo2D VGA - Ver. 0.1.3
http://rapidshare.com/files/151382270/TouchFlo2dVGA-0.1.3.zip.html

Then go back to "Start->Settings->Today->Items" and check "TouchFlo" again press ok and the full resolution TouchFlo should appear.

IMPORTANT: It seems with the latest Manila2d release (1.00...) the files are installed in read only state so you won't be able to overwrite the files unless you remove the Read only state from the files which are all files in \Windows directory starting with HH_..... and HTCHomeSettings.xml and then all files in \Windows\ManilaGFX

Additions to TouchFlo2D VGA
[2008-10-03] - Ver 0.1
Additions:
- Added new images for internet tab links (Youtube, Google, Shoutcast, Ebay, Flickr, Rss)
- Added 6 links to the Internet tab in the following order: Google, YouTube (still to youtube.exe), Shoutcast, Flickr, RSS (google reader/i), eBay

Instalations / Download
Just download the cab file below and install on your device.

TouchFlo2d VGA Additions - Ver. 0.1
http://rapidshare.com/files/150639012/TouchFlo2dVGA_Additions-0.1.CAB.html

IMPORTANT: please turn of TouchFLO at the today items before installing this addon.

Screenshots below:

Attachments

• sshot000.jpg
    sshot000.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 6,644
  • sshot001.jpg
    sshot001.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 4,005
Last edited:

lennie

Aug 5, 2007
I'd really like this, but I'll wait for the updated images images, however I'm not so sure if touchflo2d can be uninstalled so the only way to take it off is to a hard reset. but waiting on your update would give it a go and help out as much as i can.

ranj9119

Apr 22, 2007
well well... great job buddy... I've found some bugs.
1.Lunch Browser picture doesnt show (The globe one)
2.And when I go to music tab the music picture which is a note crashes and half down looks corrupted
3.Album tab doesnt show the pictures fully and shows them like QVGA.

BTW tnx for great job... if u want i can make a cab for this so were gonna have a real XDA-Team M2D VGA... ;)

Cheers.

Last edited:

pijulius

Aug 9, 2008
well well... great job buddy... I've found some bugs.
1.Lunch Browser picture doesnt show (The globe one)
2.And when I go to music tab the music picture which is a note crashes and half down looks corrupted
3.Album tab doesnt show the pictures fully and shows them like QVGA.

BTW tnx for great job... if u want i can make a cab for this so were gonna have a real XDA-Team M2D VGA... ;)

Cheers. Hirad

Thanks for testing, point 1 and 2 are known as it is written in the 'Not working' list in the first post, but regarding the music tab I don't think it has something to do with the VGA changes but till someone cant test it on a QVGA device with all the same files/addons installed I cant say for sure but yes, I noticed the problem too but then launched the player separately and then everything worked just fine so thats why I think it may be a TouchFlo 2d bug and not a theming one.

Oooo, almost forgot, regarding the cab, I think there is no need for it for now but when this gets really done with every real pictures and all bugs fixed it will be a good idea.

ranj9119

Apr 22, 2007
I've found another prob... When u want to slide the pictures in album tab u cant slide in the whole screen... it only works in the left corner of screen (The place when u qvga version appears)

blazingwolf

Nov 11, 2006
I'd really like this, but I'll wait for the updated images images, however I'm not so sure if touchflo2d can be uninstalled so the only way to take it off is to a hard reset. but waiting on your update would give it a go and help out as much as i can.

It can be uninstalled. Use Memmaid or SKTools. This has been mentioned quite a few times.

ranj9119

Apr 22, 2007
Another prob.. :) some programs icons are hidden ehind the bottom bar and u have to slide to see them...
tnx for the great job and "Is there anything i can do?" :D

Cheers. Hirad

ancola66

Oct 16, 2007
Its very good ,now acted on VGA ( Non HTC device) . Future can act on another Device QVGA ?

ryousuke

Aug 25, 2007
let us know how it goes on the diamond...

any way we can export the 2d music player into TF3D???

pi_mento

Aug 8, 2008
@ jabs

indeed, how did you get it to work on your e-ten?

@ pijulius or htc owners

Why doesn't it work on non-htc devices???