Search This thread

oldsap

Apr 4, 2006
oldsap.blogspot.com
GPS Application Plugin for Titanium

2aeny9j.jpg

Logs your GPS Coordinates at an interval of 5 minutes

How does it work?
After running the application, it will turn ON your phone's GPS and log your current coordinates in a csv file. If it is able to get a valid coordinate, it will turn your GPS OFF and then wait for 5 minutes before turning it ON again.

First Panel:
- tapping on the panel will turn on the GPS
- first text line shows the status of CGPS (on/off)
- second text line shows the number of satellites and the status of your phone's GPS
- third line shows your Latitude and Longitude
- right soft key's function is to close/exit CPGS

Second Panel:
- will allow you to send an sms to one of your contacts with your last logged GPS coordinate and also a link to open Google Maps (installation is required on the receiving phone) and point your location.

Comments:
- tested on HTC Diamond 6.5 rom
- i don't have any icon for my panel (left image) maybe someone could share one for this plugin :)

A SMALL DONATION WOULD HELP A LOT :)

Download CGPS_v1.0.cab

Last edited:

rubbish.guy

Apr 4, 2008
East
Thanks for your nice appication!
It looks so great in my Diamond. :D

BTW, may you share your battery icon on the taskbar? :p

Cheers,
rubbish.guy

dc7os

Feb 11, 2007
Hannover
Hi,

on installing CGPS i always get an error "installation not successful". What happend? Ok, it works, i create a folder manually, than restart the install.

Another question: is it possible to switch from lon/lat to the QTH-Locator for the amateur radio operators?

CU, Locke

Last edited:

greenskeeper805

Jun 9, 2008
Ventura, CA
Ok, you knew it was coming...a bug list. None of which are a big deal, mostly irritating things.

Battery drains, but honestly, it's to be expected.
While it's running, ie connected to gps (doin' it's thing), it messes with titanium. The transparent bar on the top will go to a non transparent bar (no biggie). Hitting the end key won't go back to cClock until you select another panel, but then it works until you check the CGPS panel (no biggie). This one is strange, when exiting out of a convo via sms, it'll go the home screen, but the bottom bar for sms stays, hitting end fixes it (more irritating than anything). Once you hit 'close' on the CGPS panel, everything goes back to normal (all bugs disappear).

I would like to say that even with these very minor bugs, this is a very awesome panel. Thank you so very much!

oldsap

Apr 4, 2006
oldsap.blogspot.com
Try this for an icon if you like.
- thank you for sharing. :)

Another question: is it possible to switch from lon/lat to the QTH-Locator for the amateur radio operators?
- do you mean in degrees? may i ask for a sample syntax please?

Battery drains, but honestly, it's to be expected.
- i've set it to close the GPS every 5 minutes, maybe a longer interval would lessen the battery drain, but then the gap between 2 succeeding points would be much farther apart :)

While it's running, ie connected to gps (doin' it's thing), it messes with titanium. The transparent bar on the top will go to a non transparent bar (no biggie).
- hmm, haven't experienced this on my Diamond. May i ask what's your device's resolution please?

Hitting the end key won't go back to cClock until you select another panel, but then it works until you check the CGPS panel (no biggie).
- while CGPS is running? i just tested it and you are correct. Maybe because the CGPS.exe is in the foreground (but invisible) that's why when you press the END key, titanium doesn't receive the end message. i'll work this out later :)

This one is strange, when exiting out of a convo via sms, it'll go the home screen, but the bottom bar for sms stays, hitting end fixes it (more irritating than anything). Once you hit 'close' on the CGPS panel, everything goes back to normal (all bugs disappear).
- i don't get this. Can you please explain further? or post a SS?

I would like to say that even with these very minor bugs, this is a very awesome panel. Thank you so very much!
- thank you for the comment. :)

blazingwolf

Nov 11, 2006
Thanks for this panel oldsap. I have converted it to WQVGA Neo theme. :D

Attachments

• CGPSNeo.jpg
    CGPSNeo.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 76
  • CGPS_v1.0Neo.cab
    216.5 KB · Views: 71

benzo

Oct 16, 2008
Rome
Tnx oldsap, nice plugin,
but i've a question:

with this plugin i can obtain my latitude/longitude on "Page 1", but in "Page 2" i can't send sms, clicking appears a popup "GPS Log File not present".
Viewing the registry for CGPS i can see theese lat/lon data well written but where is the log? i've translated the "program files" registry path to my own language (italian device - "Programmi"), is this the cause? is the log location hardcoded?

tnx in advance

benzo

Oct 16, 2008
Rome
i think it's hardcoded.. i've created a directory in root "\Program files\CGPS\", now it works.

Mudvayne622

Aug 4, 2009
So since this creates a location file every 5 mins does it use alot of memory or does it overwrite the old log with each new update? also once i start a gps program(i use Amaze) does this turn off once the lock in Amaze is established?

Yeah i know dumb questions...i was just curious

Omega Ra

Apr 1, 2009
Metuchen, NJ
I have not seen it use a lot of memory (been using it on 2 phones now) and this allows amaze to have a pretty much instant lock. Once it gets a GPS lock it turns itself off. Once you run a GPS nav program it will instantly (or pretty damn close) find you and them the GPS is running so CGPS doesn't do anything.

G-yan

May 3, 2006
Amagasaki, Japan
Hello, oldsap.

Let me make small question.

I am testing CGPS with my ipaq914c.

When I turn on CGPS, it seems that location data was recorded.
But if my understanding is correct, is the data recorded every five minuts?
I wonder
GPS is always ON when CGPS is on
or
GPS will be on every 5 minutes and off after getting data.

Because when I use Google map with GPS.
Even though CGPS is on, it took long time to get my location.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Tnx oldsap, nice plugin,
    but i've a question:

with this plugin i can obtain my latitude/longitude on "Page 1", but in "Page 2" i can't send sms, clicking appears a popup "GPS Log File not present".
    Viewing the registry for CGPS i can see theese lat/lon data well written but where is the log? i've translated the "program files" registry path to my own language (italian device - "Programmi"), is this the cause? is the log location hardcoded?

tnx in advance