Is this a good phone?

Search This thread

tjmortenson

Mar 4, 2013
I picked up a one X today for a really good deal, even though I didn't really need a new phone. I currently have a tmobile Samsung galaxy s2 that I like but I like changing phones once and a while. So is the One X a good phone for normal use? I've heard the battery doesn't last long, is this true?
Thanks guys!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

tomascus

Recognized Developer
Jun 5, 2012
Melbourne
I picked up a one X today for a really good deal, even though I didn't really need a new phone. I currently have a tmobile Samsung galaxy s2 that I like but I like changing phones once and a while. So is the One X a good phone for normal use? I've heard the battery doesn't last long, is this true?
Thanks guys!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

yeah, my battery usually lasts only 3-3.5 hours screen on time with moderate use i.e browsing/sms/music/facebook at 35% brightness. Usually have to recharge it twice daily to get through the day. Performance is decent, and so is the camera.

and313

Nov 2, 2010
Google Pixel 5
If you recharge it twice during a day you have wakelocks or a bad batt. I am currently on cm11 rom and i got 12hrs stand by and 4,5hrs of screen on time which is pretty decent. Also on sense i got 4hrs screen on and i never charged it twice. So my guess is... It will get you trough the day. But you may expect different things then i from it

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk

tjmortenson

Mar 4, 2013
alright I've used it a couple days and the battery lasts plenty long for me on the 4.2.2 update. I just gotta send it in to get the usb port fixed as it won't connect to a pc.
Thanks for the replies.

Last edited:

mrkizy

Jan 16, 2014
Every thing is good but battery

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

lukes91

Aug 20, 2013
Somewhere Over The Rainbow
the phone is good, battery not so much (old story...); anyway, the worst thing is tegra3 in my opinion, as HTC doesn't support it anymore... my next phone will be a qualcomm device :)
all in all, even if there is no more support and sense roms are "only" android 4.2.2, the custom ones are very good... i wouldn't buy a HOX again, but i won't sell mine :)

de4life

Jan 27, 2014
Ipswich
As others have said, the battery life is the one thing that lets this phone down. Everything else about it is excellent. It may not be able to compete with the latest smartphones but for a casual user it's still an excellent phone. The only other thing to be aware of is that the device will not get any more updates, so no KitKat. 4.2.2 is fine, though.